Dead Rose Junction Review

9.4
 8.7
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
Dead Rose Junction Reviewed by: Froston, on november 15, 2006

Sound: Can you remember when you first heard bands like Guns N' Roses, AC/DC, Motorhead or even the Sex Pistols or Stray Cats and it was something complete new for you? Well, that's what happened when I heard Angel City Outcasts first! They are a great mix from nearly every genre. They have the power of street punk rock, a lot of great riffs, the melodic guitar of a rockabilly/blues man and a lead guitar that can pass the comparison with a guitar hero from the '80s! // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are from where they should come - life! There are cool, sad, agressive and full of feelings, which the listener can feel. There are a lot of great passages where he plays with his voice and I can tell you he can sing. He has a brutal and agressive voice on the one hand and on the other hand it's a great sing along voice with a lot of feeling! // 10

Overall Impression: Well a comparison is very hard 'cause I told you at the beginning it's not a normal record! It's an own sound which has a lot of power and new energy. All songs are great but the best songs are: Made For This, Cutthroat, Sunset Sultan, Where I Belong and Bleeding Heart Saloon + Horns N Halos (these are two tracks 'cause they cut the "intro" from the second track). What I love? The whole record. It's great that everything is so good. It's not just a cool guitar or a cool bass. The drums are awesome the rhythm guitar has such a new style with the combination of the drum rhythm(check that out). You can just love it or hate it, if you like punk rock, rock 'n' roll, blues, rockabilly or hard rock this record is perfect for you! Yeah I would buy a new one if somebody would stole it or whatever. // 10

More Angel City Outcasts reviews rating latest review