Let It Ride Review

Released: May 24, 2005
Genre: Punk Rock
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Let It Ride Reviewed by: PoshBoy, on march 11, 2009

Sound: This cutting edge cross between metal and punk has created a newfound love for the genres. Some could say they sound like Social Distortion, others may say Avenged Sevenfold, I'd call it the re-birth of Rock n Roll. Using the banjo playing from Ragtime Revolutionaries guitar player (Popeye in Afghanistan), could've created disaster instead blended genius and madness. This new yet classical rock sound has given the punks across the globe something to talk about. // 9

Lyrics: The only lacking side of ACO is lyrically speaking. Although sometimes clever it felt as though words were forced. Topics were random and at times it felt the lyrics didn't match the music. Tak Boroyan disappointed me in some regard while he didn't fulfill ever possible razor edge lead that I became accustomed to hearing throughout the album. Tak will be one of the great punk guitar players with when he lets himself. The upside to all of this was the unbelievable vocals blasting out. Amazing voice is distinguishable between singing and screaming. Raw talent and simplicity finally conceive a child named Alex Brugge. // 7

Overall Impression: Let it Ride will one day be essential to any "real pUnKs" collection. Tunes like "Let it Ride" and "Popeye In Afghanistan" will get any rock lover out of their seat and throwing their bodies into complete strangers. The energy pouring out of this album is perfect for rides to work and smashing mailboxes. There is no way I'd ever allow this album get out of my reach. It will be shared with my children the way my Dad shared Blue Oyster Cult with me. Except ACO are much better to look at. // 8

More Angel City Outcasts reviews rating latest review