Angel Witch Review

artist: angel witch date: 07/28/2011 category: compact discs
angel witch: Angel Witch
Released: 1980
Genre: NWOBHM (New Wave Of British Heavy Metal)
Label: Bronze Records
Angel Witch are a truly amazing metal band, but like many metal bands of the 1980's got swallowed up by larger bands. This was their first album and easily their best.
 9.7
 9.3
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Angel Witch Reviewed by: Megadethfan245, on july 28, 2011

Sound: Angel Witch are a truly amazing metal band, but like many metal bands of the 1980's got swallowed up by larger bands. I'd simply describe their sound as heavy metal. They do have some unique spin on it though which is kind of hard to describe. If I had to sub-genre it I'd call it heavy/power metal maybe. This was their first album and easily their best. This band has actually been completely rediscovered by a new generation of metal heads because of the game "Brutal Legend". I'm glad the band is at least being realized a little bit. I think that they are one of the most important bands in the new wave of British heavy metal. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are pretty creative to be honest. I love them quite a lot. They're not like some bands who just stick to one style of lyrics. Or just one theme or something. They mix it up a little bit. But their main theme is easily magic and stuff like that. For example the songs "Angel Witch", "Sorceress" and "White Witch". None the less though the lyrics are brilliant. The singers voice isn't something really different like Bobby Blitz's voice but it's not something really plain either. I've never seen Angel Witch live so I can't really judge how well of a live singer he is. But on the album he does sound brilliant. // 9

Overall Impression: This album is complete gold. Easily the best album by Angel Witch and easily in my top 25 albums of all time. What's truly amazing about that is that I love thrash metal the most and this is one of my favorite albums. Just pure gold! My favorite song on the album is probably "Angel Witch", I think the chorus is very powerful, but every song on the album is amazing so it's hard to pick just one favorite. I love everything about this album. This album is what all heavy metal should be like. If it was stolen well than I'd have to go do a Wiccan worship and get a witch to go and kill the sick motherf--ker who stole it from me. // 10

More Angel Witch reviews rating latest review