Never, Neverland Review

9.3
 8.9
review (1) 11 comments vote for this album:
Never, Neverland Reviewed by: Megadethfan245, on august 01, 2011

Sound: This album has great production quality, or at least the reissued version does. Jeff Waters is definitely a God among God. His lyric and guitar writing skills are just amazing. This album was a little more serious than "Alice In Hell" but also had some "silly" songs like "Kraf Dinner". I think this album is a lot better then their previous album and I really think this is one of the best Annihilator albums. If I'd have to go call this album any genre it would probably have to be technical speed/thrash metal. Each Annihilator album Jeff changes up the line up a little bit. I'd have to say that this is the best line up that they've ever had, I kinda wish he would've stuck to or made a few more albums with it. Fun fact, Jeff Waters was actually asked a few times to join Megadeth. // 9

Lyrics: Coburn Pharr took up singing duties on this album and did a great job. Probably one of the best singers Annihilator has ever had besides Jeff himself (Dave Padden being the third best singer). Every song has some pretty serious lyrics except "Kraf Dinner" (like I said before). Jeff likes to sing about insanity, speed, power and other things but those seem to be his main topics. My favorite songs lyrically on this album are probably "Imperiled Eyes" or "Never, Neverland". I think that Coburn's best song performance wise is "Stonewall". // 9

Overall Impression: Definitely the best Annihilator album ever and easily one of the best albums ever. If you ever get a chance to pick this up definitely do it. The beauty of Annihilator is if you don't like one of their records you might like another one because they have some many styles. The best song on this album is probably "Fun Palace". It is a really, really, really technical and impressive song. It flows so perfectly, it has a little bit of a progressive feel to it in some parts. I don't physically own this CD and I haven't downloaded it illegally. The only way I get music is from CD's and I always buy them or people give them to me. But if I did own it and someone stole well than I'd just have to send them off to "Never, Neverland". // 10

More Annihilator reviews rating latest review
+ Feast 6.7 09/02/2013