Mobilize Review

artist: anti-flag date: 07/25/2006 category: compact discs
anti-flag: Mobilize
Released: Feb 19, 2002
Genre: Rock
The album isn't a landmark, but instead it is a solid document from a band that continues to improve with every album.
 9.4
 8.6
Mobilize Reviewed by: dylan_f1989, on august 17, 2004

Sound: On this album I think Justin Sane really worked hard to perfect his vocal chords. This album shows less aggression but really matches it with their lyrics. The guitar on this album is a lot better then the past albums with a lot more solos and harder riffs. Same along goes with the bass, #2 added more hard bass riffs then the last couple of albums. I'll give the sound rating an overall 4. // 8

Lyrics: In Mobilize the lyrics have definitely improved from past albums. They have become more in-depth and more meaningful. From past albums like Die For Your Government the lyrics were basic political statements but on this album its more of a song then a statement. I give the lyrics a 5. // 10

Overall Impression: If just getting into Anti-Flag this album is the one you should get. As I have already said it is more in-depth then the past albums. In really gets things started with the opening song "911 For Peace" which should been seen as an anthem to today's punk rock scene. Other impressive songs are "Mumia's Song, We Want To Be Free" and "Right To Choose". The only weak spot on this album would have to be the 8 live tracks they threw on, but you should still go out and buy it anyway. I give the overall impression rate a 4. // 8

Mobilize Reviewed by: boyan89, on july 25, 2006

Sound: The sound on this album is incredible and mindblowing straight in your face hardcore and political punk. The guitars on this album are amazing especially doing the solos on this album it sound really amazing. The bass on this album is very aggresive sometimes pinching in a bit of a bass solo or just a nice long bass riff. The drums on this album are badass and really, really fast and they flow really nicely with the music. This album has 8 live tracks and I must say I was quite impressed with the sound the guitar's sounded just the same, the bass sounded just aggresive and the drums were just amazing. // 10

Lyrics: Justin is one of the best songwriters in punk music history. It can be political to just some normal punk stuff these guys talk about. The lyrics on this album are very, very political and they are sending that FU sign to George Bush which is amazing by the way. Anti-Flag are amazing performers live and they sing just like they do on their albums and it is really cool and I hope they stop by in Ottawa so I can see them live. // 10

Overall Impression: This album is incredible and it cannot compare to any other albums because this is one of the punk albums that really pulled me into enjoying punk music. I dont have any favourite songs all of them are incredible and all of them sound really amazing. If it were stolen/lost I would defenitely buy it again. I would recommend this album to any George Bush haters, punk fans and just anyone trying to get into Anti-Flag this is the right album for you pick it up. // 10

More Anti-flag reviews rating latest review
+ The General Strike 7.1 03/22/2012