The Terror State Review

Lyrics: 9.2
 9.2
 9.4
The Terror State Reviewed by: stratstrummer40, on november 25, 2003

Sound: The music style for The Terror State was mostly fast and is totally punk. This band hasnt really improved on their music from previous albums except for the fact it was way more organized and the riffs are more thought out. The chord progressions are great but the solos are kind of the same from before. The bass is great like always. I dont think you will upset with the music at all. There are some really cool sounding guitar and bass fills. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics are completely intense. This band totally wrecks Bush in any way they can. The whole album is totally against the war in Iraq and our government (although thats what they pretty much sing about all the time). The singing is fantastic. You can actually hear what they are singing which is a great improvement from their earlier stuff. Plus I love it how everyone in the band sings except for the drummer (I think) in almost every song. // 10

Overall Impression: This is their best album so far although mobilize is great also. The best songs on it are probably Turncoat, Power to the Peaceful, Sold as Freedom, and Operation Iraqi Liberation. This album is 100 percent worth the money. It is the perfect album for you if you are against the American Government or if you are just lookong for a good punk album to listen to. // 10

The Terror State Reviewed by: libralirational, on february 24, 2004

Sound: Anti-Flag is pretty much power chords and choppy solos in other albums but in this sweet piece of cd, the chords are tight and the solos are more common and sweeter (not only guitar, but the bass solo in Mind The G.A.T.T. is to die for.) Tom Morello (guitarist for Rage Against The Machine, Audioslave) was the producer of this album and is one of the reasons for a new sense of diversity in this album. // 10

Lyrics: Some say that this is the same old lyrics for the new album but quite frankly, they're only 1/4 right. Yeeeeeeeees, they do sing the same stuff but there is plenty o' new stuff. One of the main focuses is on big business stopping rights and progress in America. Not your bag? We have plenty of cracks at Bush (he deserves it). // 8

Overall Impression: If you have listened to an Anti-Flag album before, you might've noticed the brashness of their early albums and the pleading for peace of their latest album, but this one is an undelicate mix of a kick in the face and wanting peace. The solos are a punch in the mouth and the mixture of old and new is saweet. // 10

The Terror State Reviewed by: weevilx214, on may 11, 2004

Sound: Sound is good. Basically the same type of songs though... really great cd though. // 8

Lyrics: Awesome lyrics/ Turncoat! Killer! Liar! Theif! Criminal with, protection of the law..... great singsers too (evey member sings, incluidiong the drummer!). // 10

Overall Impression: Best A-F cd. A new kind of army, and die for the government are also very good. i would definetley get it again. i love most of the songs. Infact, all except one (o.i.l.) super good. Turncoat is a-f's best song, also good: rank-n-file, mind the g.a.t.t., post war breakout, tearing down the borders, every other songs on this cd except o.i.l. // 10

The Terror State Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 19, 2004

Sound: I think the sound is the same as on the other albums. The only difference is that over the albums they have been playing tighter and tighter and in my oppinion thier lirics are more aggresive then on the last few albums. Thier oppinions are directed straight at target (bush for instance, he gets a lot of criticism wich he deserves as well). Ive loved this band since the first time i hearded them and I still do. They are great on stage to. // 10

Lyrics: Thier lirics are political as usual and again blown me away. I've really been thinking about what they are saying and i must say i agree on most of thier ideas but a lot of it though is very extreme. I'm not giving a 5 because thier lirics aren't very original if you compare all thier songs with eich other. // 8

Overall Impression: I've loved this band since i first heared them(as i said before). I have nearly every album. I must say that I am never able to pick out favorite songs from the albums because i really like most of them. This review probably isn't very objective. But i must say anyone who likes punk should listen to this album or any album by anti-flag. // 10

The Terror State Reviewed by: boyan89, on july 19, 2006

Sound: The sound on this album is incredible. The guitars on this album are actually really good for a punk band and I must say that Chris and Justin are one of the best guitar duos in punk rock history. The drums on this album are amazing and if you want to learn some good songs on the drums then listen to Anti-Flag. The bass on this album is amazing, in some songs it would have like a bass interlude and in a couple of songs the bass would play a bass solo which is really, really cool. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are very political and their isnt even one emotional song on the album which is a good thing. Justin and Chris #2 are really intelligent when it comes down to their punk rock roots in writing lyrics. So if you want a band with songs against bush listen to this album and pay attention to the lyrics. // 10

Overall Impression: This album cannot compare to any other albums because A-F have their own punk sound on this album. I don't have a favourite song all of them kick complete ass. I love everything about this album and hate nothing about it. If it were stolen/lost I would defenitely buy this album again because it kicks ass. I would recommend this album to any punk fans, any like Blink-182, Green Day, and AAR fans to check this one out. You will not regret buying this album trust me. // 10

More Anti-flag reviews rating latest review
+ The General Strike 7.1 03/22/2012