The Here And Now Review

7.2
 7.3
review (1) 11 comments vote for this album:
The Here And Now Reviewed by: robbie-rocks, on february 01, 2011

Sound: As with previous albums (and every band for that matter) the latest album has a different sound and direction. Which is to be expected otherwise we'd tire of the same thing. But every time a band experiments with their sound, they're bound to have some of their fan base bitching about it. This album changes drastically to Hollow Crown and previous albums and it's more noticeable. The songs have a much bigger sound, all of them have big shout a long chorus' and breakdowns. Most of the songs sound the same, not much stand out material this time around APART from a ballad...do ballads really belong in the metalcore genre? or whatever you want to class them as. Still I guess this is the band experimenting again, so I give them credit for doing something outside their comfort zone. // 7

Lyrics: The lyrics of Sam Carter flow really well with the rest of the music. I've always liked Sam Carter as a frontman, he does very well at keeping a balance between screams and clean vocals and Carter doing this makes their music more accessible, especially this album where I feel his clean vocals are more dominant than the screams. // 7

Overall Impression: Overall I'd recommend this mainly to new fans, I can't see alot of current fans being really enthusiastic with this album, but I may be wrong. I usually compare Architects to Bring Me The Horizon, but this album feels more like Young Guns, not a bad thing, guess it makes it more melodic.

I would recommend "Day In Day Out" and "Delete, Rewind". This will hopefully give you an idea of the albums over all sound. If the album were lost or stolen, I probably would buy again. // 8

More Architects reviews rating latest review
+ Lost Forever // Lost Together 7.7 03/14/2014