By Inheritance Review

9.7
 9.8
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
By Inheritance Reviewed by: Metal_NZ_FTW, on february 07, 2011

Sound: The third album from Danish thrashers, Artillery. Tech-thrash at it's best, brilliant musicianship displayed through-out the record, especially the catchy guitar riffs and blistering solo work. Unlike a lot of technical bands, Artillery still manage to put real emotion and feeling into the songs as well as playing some amazingly technical thrash metal and that takes the album to a whole new level. Flemming Ronsdorfs vocals on this album are excellent, improving on the great vocal work on their previous album, Terror Squad. The talent in the band is really put across well on this record. // 10

Lyrics: Lyrics on the album are great, dealing with social & political issues, war and other topics that you would expect to find in a metal band. I personally love the lyrics on Bombfood, the 5th track on the album. As I said before, Flemming's vocal ability really stands out on this album, more so than the previous 2. His vocals fit in very well with the catchy guitar work and the falsettos he hits (especially in the chorus of Bombfood) are perfectly timed and very well done. // 9

Overall Impression: Definitely Artillery's best work, every member of the band displays an abundance of skill on every track and the it all comes together very nicely as a whole. Stand out tracks for me are Bombfood, Khomaniac, Don't Believe and an excellent cover of the song Razamanaz, originally by Nazareth. I would definitely buy the album again if it got stolen, lost etc. worth every cent. Having played the album more times than I can count and still not being able to find anything I don't like just goes to show that this record deserves it's reputation as one of the greatest thrash albums of all time. // 10

More Artillery reviews rating latest review
+ Terror Squad 8.4 05/19/2007