Feelin' Good Is Good Enough Review

asg: Feelin' Good Is Good Enough
Release Date: Oct 11, 2005
Label: Volcom Entertainment
Genres: Alternative Metal
The riffs, the vocals and the talent echos throughout this 11 track CD.
 9.5
review (1) 4 comments vote for this album:
Feelin' Good Is Good Enough Reviewed by: cmpunk, on august 17, 2006

Sound: ASG is a top-notch indie rock/metal band that deserves more credit. They are all talented musicians that put together some badass riffs. Each song is fast and aggresive and can trigger a sick mosh pit. ASG incorporates singing with the ocasional line of screaming. Most of the tracks are great but can get repetitive. A lot of the songs are in the same key, and have similar chord progressions. But they still manage to have a different feel or chorus or verse or somthing about them. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics weren't written by a lyrical mastermind but they are decent enough and the singer is really good. He has a sound that is familar but nobody sounds like him. He also has an awesome scream. Some of the lyrics I can relate to other I can't but they all add to the music rather than take away. // 8

Overall Impression: I saw these guys live several weeks back and I was blown away. I was familar with some of the music but when they were live it was like a whole new experience. They played some of their best songs: Horsewhipper, Going through Hell, Feeling Good is Good Enough. And other songs that I didn't know, but everything was awesome they covered 'Woman' by Wolfmother and everyhting was mosh-worthy. The CD itself is fantastic. Some of the songs sound similar, but other songs are incredible. Horsewhipper will never get old and Going through hell rocks. The riffs, the vocals and the talent echos throughout this 11 track CD. Go pick it up. // 10

More Asg reviews rating latest review
+ Win Us Over 9.1 07/09/2008