The Red In The Sky Is Ours Review

6.7
 9.8
review (1) 13 comments vote for this album:
The Red In The Sky Is Ours Reviewed by: Trivium_Child, on february 26, 2010

Sound: Anders Bjorler has stated himself that the band tryed to hard to impress people with strange songwriting and that this album suffered from bad production. I agree completely. The sound is weak and the songs are messy. The standout tracks in my opinion are The Scar, the title track and the special edition Ever-opening Flower demo although those suffer from the same mistakes as the others. The drumming isn't as tight as Slaughter and Thomas' vocals sound strained and harsh. The band seems more death metal/grindcore than heir later days. The guitar riffs are good but seem unfinished aand don't link very well. // 6

Lyrics: The lyrics are very At The Gatesy. Although not everyone song is about suicide like Slaughter....but I actually liked the lyrics. They seem epic although it gets a bit repetitive with all the dark, moody stuff but nonetheless good. Like I said above, Thomas Lindbergs vocals are harsh and strained although it does sound pretty brutal at times... // 8

Overall Impression: I would definitely recommend buying Slaughter Of The Soul or Terminal Spirit Disease if you don't have any At The Gates albums yet. If it were stolen or lost I would go all sledgehammer brutality on the first person I saw but only because it was At The Gates. This is an average album and it is very easy to tell this is an early album. // 6

More At The Gates reviews rating latest review