No Escape Review

4.7
 9.3
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
No Escape Reviewed by: Brotherbrodude, on november 20, 2012

Sound: "No Escape" is the first album by German power metal band At Vance. They have that classic power metal feel that we all love. Great vocals, fast guitars, high octaves, and powerful choruses. For a first album, this is actually an incredible album. At Vance has that fast paced power metal feel that relate to songs like "Hell Is Thy Home" by Gamma Ray, and powerful vocals during the chorus like "Halloween" by Helloween. I can't think of much of a story for the album's creation. This, in my opinion, is their best album, other than the album "The Evil In You". Definitely a great band, and great album. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics on this album really fit the power metal and neo-classical genre, while still staying out of the whole mythology area of lyrics that, for some reason, just doesn't sell. While At Vance has always incredible vocalist, Oliver Hartmann is one of the best. His singing is very powerful, he hits about 5 octaves like Bruce Dickinson of Iron Maiden only at a higher pitch. The lyrics can be really meaningful depending on your perspective of music. If you just listen, then will probably have no meaning, but if you dissect the music, you may develop some sentimental meaning. Very good lyrics and singing. // 9

Overall Impression: Compared to other power metal artists, At Vance is one of those power metal bands whom have actually made it in the industry. Unlike bands like Zandelle and Hibria, they have found that sound that people like to hear and that sells really well like Falconer, Helloween, Gamma Ray, Blind Guardian, etc. The most impressive song in my opinion is the title song, "No Escape". Really powerful chorus, awesome verses, etc. I love most everything about this album. I would definitely buy this album again, the only hard part is finding it again. Overall, great album, definitely recommended for power metal lovers.

// 10