The Crash Of '47 Review

9.3
 8.8
 9.8
The Crash Of '47 Reviewed by: mahoney, on july 20, 2005

Sound: This has to be one of the most original bands I have ever heard. The music is beautifully put together and every track on the album has a unique feel to it. The drummer (Chad Kent) is absolutely phenomenal, you will not hear percussion like this anywhere else. The guitarist (Nathan Slade) comes up with the greatest riffs and does some amazing bg effects. // 10

Lyrics: The singer (Joey Culver) has, simply put, an epic voice. His lyrics are no diffrent. From the opening lines to Day Of Daze to the beautiful chorus of Withered to the catchy versus of Pencil Fight, the whole album is nothing short of flawless. // 10

Overall Impression: This is a must hear album. You will not come across a more original and tight sound as this band. For a first album these guys are a true tallent. // 10

The Crash Of '47 Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 19, 2004

Sound: With a sound that shifts between metal and punk rock and between the black album era Metallica and Tool (odd comparison, I know, but check em' out then you'll understand). The whole CD is consistently awesome. It's hard to grasp but I honestly haven't heard anything this original in a long, long time. // 10

Lyrics: The lead singer, Joey Culver, has a great voice to say the least, Everything seems to fit when he sings it. One of the strongest points of this album is its originality. Even the title, the crash of '47, wouldn't be understood by many, but in truth it relates to the "rosewell UFO crash". The lyrics are great because of fact that they don't have the same "I'm heart broken, feely, feely B.S." that almost every song out there today has. In fact the lyrics deal with subjects more along the lines of Mothra (a godzilla movie monster) and aliens. // 10

Overall Impression: The bottomline here is, you need to check these guys out. I'm not just saying this. Go to there site www.atomship.com and listen to there single "pencil fight", it's an incredible song. Altogether listening to this alblum, translates into time well spent and I'll leave it at that. // 10

The Crash Of '47 Reviewed by: Skynyrdman1958, on june 27, 2008

Sound: The sound of Atomship is simply over whelming. The Opera metal style voice of Derek Pardoe, the heavy yet not quite metal guitar rifts by Nathan Slade and Derek Pardoe to the excellent drumming of Chad Kent. Truly it is something that can not be duplicated. // 6

Lyrics: The lyrics while flowing well often tend to be depressing. Just take a listen to the first track on the album Day of Daze. Third verse "Help me I'm wasted my heart has been lost in the rain. Covered in ashes and dust my tears pump through your veins. Father where are you? I thought you were my friend. Well I'll be your mother, your Mary, your Jesus and Zen. It was a good day she died." Just a little bit of a downer along with Pencil fight one of the two songs to make it as a single. Derek Pardoe's vocals will just blow you away as he hits different levels of incredible. // 7

Overall Impression: This should be listed as one of the greatest albums ever written. It combines the melancholy style of lyrics with heavy yet soothing powerful guitar rifts. The songs can often be a downer which may remind you of t a little bit Nirvana only the singer can actually sing and the drummer is piggy backing on his past musical career. I found nothing wrong with this album except that it is a little hard to get. It is a major disappointment though that Atomship broke up in 2004. Overall this is an album that is worth the 12 bucks or whatever it's going for now. // 6

Comments