The Curse Review

8.4
 8.5
 8.3
The Curse Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 18, 2005

Sound: This album is where I first heard Atreyu. A friend told me that I would really enjoy it and that I was like nothing he had ever heard before. So I went home popped it in and was blown away. The sound that comes out of this album is beyond amazing. I don't think that any other band can match an opening intro to a first song like they can. The sound on every song just fits together so perfectly, it is very melodic and so very heavy. You can hear every emotion that is going on just through the sound. The key to the whole cd though I would have to say is the drums, Brandon is amazing. I play guitar but when I heard him play it made me want to pick up some sticks right then. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics on this album, like the previous album, are flawless. It is a little hard to make out just what the singer is trying to say because of his screaming but all you have to do is look up the lyrics and you will be ok. Alex is a very talented writer and singer. He is by far the best screamer I have heard. I think that the drummer helped out a lot in writing the lyrics but I am not sure. I love the way that the lyrics fit the music so perfectly. It is pure genius when you hear Alex's screaming vocals switch into Brandon's melodic voice. // 10

Overall Impression: This whole album to me is genius. Like I said I have never heard anything like them before. I saw these guys live at the warped tour and that threw out any negative things that I was wondering about like there singing abillity live and what not. I recomend this album to anybody. Atreyu is in my top three bands right now, along with avenged sevenfold and thrice. I have nothing bad to say about this album and that is really stange for my because I am one that if there is a flaw anywhere in a cd I will point it out. I this cd was lost or stolen I would hunt down the person that took it and beat the living crap out of them, then of course I would be a new copy. // 10

The Curse Reviewed by: fjhgdsfgad, on november 22, 2004

Sound: On The Curse, the music is so much more different than Suicide Notes. Like someone else on this review page said it does sound Metallica-ish. The riffs (or solos, I can't remember if there are many on The Curse) are a little more melodic so they go more in-synch with the lyrics and the drumming etc. The style changed alot. Not to piss you all off but it definatly has a little poppiness to it. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics are not as good as I hoped. I have liked this band for almost 3 years and the lyrics from Suicide Notes and Fractures were much more thought out and well written in my opinion. In regards to Bleeding Mascara the song is definatly not what Atreyu orginonally was. Somebody I know mentioned that the new CD was more "hardcore." I don't agree at all it doesn't sound hardcore at all to me. But in regards to the lyrics I have to say that with an exception of maybe 2 songs, they don't measure up to lyrics from songs such as "Bleeding Hearts" and "Tulips Are Better." // 6

Overall Impression: Like a lot of people I was really disappointed in this album but a lot of people are starting to like Atreyu because of The Curse. If you're looking for something like Suicide Notes and Fractures in the Facades, the Curse isn't that. Many people say they like the Curse because it's not as "heavy" as their older stuff, but honestly if you were a real Atreyu fan you would want just that. The one thing I do like about this album is that it has a few songs that I liked. If I lost this cd or it was stolen I'd go out and buy suicide notes and give it to some kid who thinks the curse is the greatest thing to happen since Cambells soup. // 4

The Curse Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 11, 2005

Sound: The sound on "The Curse" will please everyone. From the fist pumping riff of "Right Side Of The Bed" to the headbangin fest of "Bleeding Mascara" to the clean picked lead guitar of "The Crimson" there's something here for everyone. The sound can range from crunching to slow and emotional without comprimising or feeling out of place, something many bands fail to do these days. Being on the road has definitely taugh Atreyu a few things about songwriting. There are emo moments blended in with metal and hardcore, surely this will please everyone, even old school solos are here. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are pretty good, they're mostly about relationships I think butthe subject matter doesn't become tiresome. The lyrics seem to be more vengeful than beautiful or metaphorical but they still cut it complimenting the music and making for a great album. The singing is much much better, the vocals switch better Alex and Brandon with melodic singing and gruff howling interchanging constantly. // 10

Overall Impression: Ok this album is really a great record with something for everyone, it has great musicianship, songwriting and while not fully original it's certainly the best cd of this "emo/metal" genre that I've heard. the most impressive songs are "Bleeding Mascara," "Right Side Of The Bed," "The Crimson" and "Rememberance Ballad" with only "Corsetting" being a disappointing song. Definitely a highlight in my CD collection, I love it for it's honesty, tunes, riffs, solos and much more. This album will not dissapoint. // 10

The Curse Reviewed by: unregistered, on december 14, 2005

Sound: The band's influences are noticed as bluntly as a brick to the skull. Much of what I heard sounds all to nearly like From Autumn To Ashes, Avenged Sevenfold, Eighteen Visions and Underoath. Funny, how a band like this, along with it's fashon-weary follower drones, can claim originality at all. Why is this any different, in that sense, than run-of-the-mill artsists such as Blink-182 or Nickelback, playing to satisfy the cravings of their emotionally defunct teenage fanbase? Sure, they're "metalcore" and/or "screamo" and/or "hardcore." So is nearly every other band being formed these days. Citing the tyranny of these metalcore bands over the 'underground' scene, I'd have to say that metal is on a quick downward spiral into the abyss that is pop, where rock, punk, country and rap have already fallen. // 4

Lyrics: To relay my thoughts on Atreyu's lyrics on this album, as well as on their last, I'll write my own Atreyu song! Feel free to incorporate these into your next hardcore screamo band. // 2

Overall Impression: This band, as before stated, can be lumped in with bands such as the Agony Scene, Avenged Sevenfold, Eighteen Visions, and so on and so forth. But even then, sadly, they cower like a starving dog in comparison to these bands and many others. I'm going to say something that has been said before. These guys need to spend more time on their music than on their hair and make-up. Either that or indulge in the wonderful world of cosmology. // 3

The Curse Reviewed by: unregistered, on december 15, 2004

Sound: I farted and then I got to this point. This was the point in which I listened to the cd called Atryeu - The Curse. The music was stunning and was rocking me the right way. I was rocking and rolling outside with the stereo rocking my house alive too loud. Thanks to my player for playing so much good songs. Sometimes I do the loud screaming bands they are good to have different tastes in musics. This is the best rock out songs I have played too loud for fun listening. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics make the people want to do the dances but the lyrics are not mean or mean and dirty or dirty or mean. I don't know how they are good at it but they are so good at making me want to rock my body the right way not wrong. I like how they can scream but not sound like the Def Lepard that I don't like I like the bands that don't sound like the Def Lepard they're so good. Put the cd in for a spin that you will really like. // 10

Overall Impression: I was impresed that I liked it becouse not only that it is so good but becouse it is so awesome and the music play it loud so the friends can hear they will also be put in shouts before they stop loving it. Don't stop until the cd finish becouse it so good you don't stop it don't stop. Please put it on your to buy list so you can get 1 copy to hear for fun. I like this cd it makes me feel happy and rocking out I do to like to do. // 2

The Curse Reviewed by: boyan89, on may 23, 2006

Sound: The sound on this CD is friggin amazing. If you want Alternative Metal, Punk Metal, or heavy metal then youve come to the right place. The sound on this CD has a lot of amazing guitars, really sick drum beats, raging vocals and flabbergasting bass. The best sounding songs on this cd are The Crimson, Right Side Of The Bed (has the most amazing solo these guys have ever made), You Eclipsed By Me, oh what the hell, every song is amazing. This is more heavier than A Deathgrip On Yesterday but Suicide Notes And Butterfly Kisses is way more heavier than both of them. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics on this CD is awesome to alex raging screaming to Brandons softness. Alex can screm really well he is the best screamer I have ever heard better than the guy in Between The Buried And Me. Brandon has an amazing voice on this album you can feel him speak out the meaning. // 10

Overall Impression: This album cannot compare to any albums because it just rules. I don't have a fav. song because all of them rule. I don't hate anything bout this album. I love everything Alex's screaming is really cool and Brandons softness shows the soft side of the song. If it were stolen I would definetely get it again. // 10

The Curse Reviewed by: fredzeskater, on september 21, 2007

Sound: When I first bought this album, I thought it was great, although I never really got into all the songs, I never have. What I first liked from this album was that it had 14 tracks to it, unlike the usual stingy 10 your expecting from Atreyu. I loaded it up, and started playing the whole album throguh, starting with track 01 - blood children, very similar to Walking the fallen by Avenged sevenfold's introduction to their 2003 album. Then after blood children, came in bleeding mascara "cor", I was stunned at the beautiful sound. The screaming, the guitar sweeping, the drums, the heavy bass, it was just perfect. Then right side of the bed was a good track to follow on from the unbelievably awesome bleeding mascara. I think this was a real tune up for Atreyu. I didn't find too many of the rest of the tracks interesting or easy to like, other than 'Five vicodin with a shot of clarity', 'The crimson' and despite it's reasonably popy singing, 'This flesh a tomb'. Other than that, I thought the rest of the album wasn't too great, but some of the tracks were the best I've ever heard. // 9

Lyrics: "I feel it welming up inside, and Robert Smith lied, boys do cry". what a great line! ay? it's such a good song, The crimson. I think lyrically, the best song has to be This flesh a tomb, with the finishing line "And I feel immortal, and I wanna make you feel the same", how good is that!? although I feel it's a really cheesy and corny song, I find it very, very good and easy listening. I think the singer is really making the most of their catchy, excellent voice they use in the chorus. I think it really makes Atreyu sound the part. We heard some of it in 'Lip gloss and black' from their previous album. Now they include that in almost every song, which I find excellent! I think Alex's shouting is best in this album, "Suicide notes and butterfly kisses" was more just shouting. But this is shouting with a tune, with passion, with something you can really flip out and mosh to! it's amazing. // 9

Overall Impression: So far, I think this is Atreyu's best album, despite my love of a few immense songs on their other albums. The thing with Atreyu is, they have some superb songs, some my favourite ever. But they always have some really, bad if I must say songs. Some that are just so unprofessional and unworthy of such a great band. They have them tracks on every album which upsets me in a way. In this album, we start to see a change, more songs dominated by singing, not shouting. We see Atreyu softening up, gradually losing their well known original sound of screaming then for a chorus, singing. it's a shame really but I suppose every band changes. // 8

The Curse Reviewed by: rockr_01, on june 16, 2004

Sound: The main that makes Atreyu stand out from all the newer bands of today is they amazing guitar playing. Daniel Jacobs and Travis Miguel use old techniques like finger tapping, sweep picking, and hammer-ons and pull-offs to make this album great. The style of music that Atreyu plays fits mainly inside the screamo genre. With the beginning of the second song (the first song is the intro) you can tell that this album is gonna be awesome. Atreyu's sound has really matured compared to their other release, Suicide Notes And Butterfly Kisses. // 10

Lyrics: As with the other cd, some of the lyrics are screamed out and some are sung. If you didn't know, most of the actual singing parts are sung by the drummer. The way that the lyrics are swapped from the drummer to the singer are amazing. It really fits in with all the other music going on. Both the singer and the drummer have amazing vocal skills. // 8

Overall Impression: Compared to their other release, The Curse is the best cd Atreyu has yet recorded. From the super fast guitarplaying of Bleeding Mascara to the soft slow non lyrical instrumental of An Interlude to the atmosphere created by the song The Rembrance Ballad to the mix of hard rock and sofetr rock on The Crimson. This cd provides all the high points of Atreyu's music with none of the negatives. If this cd was stolem or lost, I would hunt down and kill whoever took it. This cd is a definite "must buy" for all Atreyu fans! // 10

The Curse Reviewed by: kylehnat, on july 05, 2004

Sound: This album sounds like nothing else out there. Atreyu is, in my opinion, one of the best bands out there as far as the music is concerned. What sets Atreyu apart is the guitar work of Dan Jacobs and Travis Miguel. They've managed to bring back the art of lead guitar which has sorely been missed in this genre. The solos (of which there are many) remind me a bit of what Metallica used to do back in the 80's. Speedy pull-offs and pick taps on top of deep, crunching, heavy backing riffs make for some good listening. The bass lines by Marc McKnight, while relatively standard, get the job done behind the guitars. (He does bust out some cool riffs now and again.) Brandon Saller's drumming is also outstanding. Musically, The Curse is a giant step forward from Suicide Notes and Butterfly Kisses. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics on this album deal with the usual rock themes (love, sex, drug trips, etc.) However, it matters little, as Alex Varkatzas's anguished screaming makes it impossible to tell what he is talking about anyway. I am not a fan of vocalists who only know how to scream, as I don't find it pleasant to listen to (just my opinion). There is no melody or clarity to his vocals, although fans of this style will love it. I would give them a lower score in this category, but Brandon Saller's singing on the choruses on most songs adds a much-needed counterbalance to Alex's screeching, and redeems the vocal tracks somewhat. // 6

Overall Impression: Although I knew when I bought the album that Alex's incessant screaming would annoy me, when I listened to it for the first time, I was completely blown away. On this album, the musicians show more range than on Suicide Notes and Butterfly Kisses. My favorite tracks include "Right Side of the Bed", "My Flesh a Tomb", "Demonology and Heartache", and "Five Vicodin Chased With Clarity", which serves as the album's closer. I don't know if this is a dirty trick by the band, but the last minute or so of this song is pure adrenyline that makes you crave more Atreyu. Solution: listening to the album again, robbing other CDs in my collection of playtime. Pure genius, guys! If you like Atreyu, buy this album. If you like this genre, buy this album. If you listen to Mozart, buy this album. These guys deserve recognition for making music that simply excels over the 3-chord crap that gets endless airplay on the radio. // 10

The Curse Reviewed by: TheTallOne, on july 15, 2004

Sound: The Curse by the So-Cal band Atreyu is a mediocre "metalcore" disc. It has the usual Metallica style riffs and the double bass. I thought I was gonna be suprised by this disc and in a way I was. This disc sounds overly produced. // 6

Lyrics: The lyrics are too cliche and fit with the music. The drummer gets to sing more in this disc but I dont think that it helps the band much. // 6

Overall Impression: The most impressive song(s) on the album are: Bleeding Mascara, Right Side Of The Bed, You Eclipsed By Me. I like how catchy some of the songs are on this disc. I hate how fake it sounds though. If I lost this I would buy anything other that it. If you can find a way to get the only good songs,then do it. I'am dissapointed with the roduction. Atreyu is now officially a studio band. // 6

The Curse Reviewed by: xalwaysfallingx, on july 20, 2004

Sound: I am a new atreyu fan. I have purchsed their other cd Suicide Notes and Butterfly Kisses. Those songs sounded a little bit too much like the last one, there was no uniqueness in the songs and the vocals. Alex screamed the verses and Brandon sang the chorus. However, this new cd proves that Atreyu has definately matured due to the blending of the vocals and the wailing very unique guitar solos. When I first put the cd in, the intro was amazing using dark low vocals and strings to draw the listener in and as soon as it built up to the amazing intro of Bleeding Mascara, I knew this cd was a keeper. The guitar riffs in the beginning of that song are amazing and Alex's painful vocals add to the mood. Atreyu is one of the most unique bands of today combining strings, screaming guitars, screaming vocals, singing vocals, and a bass line that kills. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics represent the feelings of Alex V. He has experience depression, anxiety, and horrible relationships. He is expressing his pain and I read in an article that if he didn't have Atreyu and didn't have his music, he'd probably be dead. He has to get credit for putting his life on the line with his music. If he didn't do this, the world may have never experienced the uniqueness of his vocals and his lyrics. I also read that the band members read Anne Rice's vampire books and I read them too. I see a connection in their lyrics and song titles with vampire references. Such as the title of the disk and the song titles "Blood children", "This flesh a tomb", "The Crimson," and many others. I see a connection with all of the songs relating to Alex's horrible experiences and his overall feelings about his life. Also, Brandon's vocals add an amazing harmony to offset the screamo vocals. His vocals got stronger in this album and the blend between Alex and Brandon's vocals is amazing on this disc. // 10

Overall Impression: I really don't think there is another band out there that is completely like Atreyu. There are screamo bands, punk bands, orchestras, and rock bands. Atreyu took pieces of many different kinds of music and blended them in such a way that no one else could accomplish. The most impressive songs on the album are bleeding mascara, right side of the bed, the crimson, an interlude, and the rememberance ballad in my opinion. I love the diversity between the songs and the guitar solos that seem to fit in to every song perfectly. The only thing I dislike is that Brandon doesn't get to sing as much during the verses. If it were stolen or lost, I would definately buy it again and I'd kill the person that took it from me very painfully. It is an awesome buy, rush out right now and get it if you don't already have it. Atreyu has definately separated themself from the normal music scene that they were in. Good job Atreyu keep it up! // 10

The Curse Reviewed by: c123flyingv, on october 13, 2004

Sound: I'm from england and these guys aren't realy well know over here but me and a couple of my friends heard some of there stuff and though it was just amazing! The sound on this albums is nice and heavy to listen to but with little interludes in betwen then chords. The singings realy melodic as well on the drummers behalf, he sings realy well and he fills in the gaps that the lead singer leaves. I personally realy realy like this album I think it's got alot of potantial if more people heard it in the UK. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics I'm not sure about. I haven't quite yet got my head around what most of them mean. The singing style that the lead singer uses is very heavy style and its hard to make out what he is saying some times but the drummer makes up for it, I personally think he is a very good singer. // 8

Overall Impression: My overall impression for this album is just it's well good and the thing that got my hooked to it is the guitarist. I think they play well together and produce good music. The lead guitarist I think is very talented at soloing, I think that the most memerable solo is "Right Side Of The Bed" this is an insane solo. // 10

The Curse Reviewed by: punkgtrst096, on october 27, 2004

Sound: Somebody told me if I was into Thrice, I'd like Atreyu. They were right. The similarity may not be very noticable, but there's something between the two bands and their sound that is very familiar. The band is amazing, hardcore/metal type of band. The guitarists/bassist have some of the most insane riffs I've heard from any band around today, and the drums sound great. // 10

Lyrics: Ateryu's lyrics may seem a litte emo at first, but if you shut the hell up and listen to it, you may appreciate the complexity of they lyrics and how well thought out they are. Atreyu employs two singers - Alex Varkatzas (lead vocals) and Brandon Salles (drums/backing vocals). Alex does the screaming, while Brandon does the melodic parts, like the choruses. The lyrics go great with the music because their verse riffs are a lot harder (heavier) than the chorus riffs. So while the hard riff is playing, Alex is screaming (which I guess you could call growling. One review I've red said he has the voice of Satan, which I guess is really a good way to put it), and when the chorus riff comes in Brandon starts in, and the switch-off sounds really good. // 10

Overall Impression: If you like hardcore/emo/whatever stuff, i.e. Thrice, Avenged Sevenfold, AFI, etc, you'll like Atreyu. This is one of my favorite albums, and never leaves my CD player. My favorite songs on this album are "Right Side Of The Bed" because the solo is kick ass, "You Eclipsed By Me", "The Crimson", "The Remembrance Ballad", and "Demonology And Heartache". I like this album because it reminds me of a lot of other band I listen to (some of them listed above), and because of the agressiveness of the album, whether it's the lyrics, guitar riffs, etc. If it was lost or stolen, I'd probably buy it again. It's a good album. Go buy it. // 10

The Curse Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 08, 2004

Sound: I love this CD. It seems to emcompass my favorite styles of music: heavy metal and punk. The band consists of 2 guitarists, a bassist, a drummer/vocalist and another vocalist. Each song on this album consists of a verse of the screamo styles of the lead vocalist. Most of these verses show anger and remorse. Then the chorus comes and it is the other singer. This singer sings in a more punk style and I really think that the dual vocals are brilliant. The guitar styles also change along with the vocal change and it works amazingly well. The guitars also are well timed and work together in an amazing way, with one playing higher solos and the other playing the deeper, harder, crunchier metal peices. // 10

Lyrics: Lyrics are excellent. Having just come out of a relationship I can relate to many if not all the lyrics, especially the choruses. Lines like 'every tear I never cried sealed your f--ing fate' and 'whos sleeping on my side of the bed' show great anger and passion that are really effective. Thought some of the screamo parts are hard to decipher, the choruses use the guys voice and the great lyrics to blend together into a brilliant song. Amazing lyrics. // 10

Overall Impression: Though I had not heard any other songs from Atreyu, I have to say I am impressed. My favorite album that I own. This is one of those albums that never gets old or annoying. If you didn't know the singles from the other songs you wouldnt be able to tell because no songs are noticably worse than any other song. All are brilliant. Recommended for metal fans, and also for fans of the harder, heavier punk. You won't regret you bought this, I swear. If I lost this CD I would hunt down the man who did it and kill him, cos this is an amazing CD. Just brilliant. No doubt about this straight 5s. // 10

The Curse Reviewed by: punk4ever89y, on march 23, 2005

Sound: The sound alone is worth buying the album. With the screaming and sometimes soft lyrics its a perfect balance. The drop D tunings on all the guitars affords a dark hectic sound. All of the solos are amazing except in right side of the bed. The solo sounds generic and overplanned. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics are unbelievably deep with meanings like death and life and having to start over from nothing. The lyrics and music flow seemlessly together to create a mood unlike any I've heard before. The singers skills are unsurpassed by none. Both singers actually. The drummer does all the non screaming. // 10

Overall Impression: Compared to Suicide Notes And Butterfly Kisses I would say The Curse blows it out of the water. With deep lyrics and moving guitar it's easily my favorite album by Atreyu. The best song on the album has to be 5 Vicodin Chased With A Shot Of Clarity. The deep broodiness of the song speaks volumes. I love all the lyrics but at times hate the guitar. If I lost this album I would definately shell out the ten bucks I spent on it at a walmart. // 8

The Curse Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 28, 2005

Sound: The Curse is a great album from Atreyu. In my opinion the best sophmore album anyone has put out! Right Side Of The Bed, Bleeding Mascara, and The Crimson are great songs to support this album. Metalcore is coming alive with bands such as Atreyu, Avenged Sevenfold, As I Lay Dying any many more. This album has its romantic side and its heartbreak side it is a must get for anyone that is fans of bands from Iron Maiden to My Chemical Romance. // 10

Lyrics: Alex and Brandon blend there voices together perfectly in this album. Alex is your perfect singer for this kind of band but Brandon is also the bands drummer and does a wonderful job with the music. These lyrics were unbelievable. They make everything on there sound great. // 10

Overall Impression: It blows out every metalcore album I have heard. Songs you must check out: Bleeding Mascara, Right Side Of The Bed, The Crimson, and You Give Love A Bad Name (yes the Bon Jovi song is covered on this album). There is nothing I can say I don't like on this album. It is a great guitar album done mostly in C-tuning. If I lost this album or it was stolen I would save every penny I have to re-buy it! // 10

The Curse Reviewed by: Kiotaka, on december 15, 2005

Sound: I was hanging out with my friend, and she let me listen to her iPod. The iPod was set on random and I wasn't really paying attention to what was playing. Then I hear "The Crimson" by Atreyu (of course) playing and I'm just thinking "Who are these guys?" So the next day I go to buy this CD hoping that it would be pretty cool. Fortunatley, it was. From track 1 to track 13 this CD never ciesed to amaze me. There is a well balanced mix of the screaming deep throat vocals that we all love mixed in with the softer tone of the drummer. The quality is great and not trashy like other albums. In other words, I was deeply impresed by the quality of songs on this album. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics in these songs are great. In fact, I decided to write an essay on "The Crimson" for my AP English essay and on how this song was poetic. Like a lot of songs, a lot of symbolizm is used and if you dont get deep into songs it may be hard to figure them out. But if you read the lyrics closely, you'll find a deep meaning in Atreyu's songs, whether they are serious, or about being a blood sucking vampire, each song expresses it's reason in a genious way. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall, as you can tell, I was very impressed. I used to just listen to The Used and Hawthorne Heights type music. But then after I started listening to Atreyu, I've changed into a metalhead. Being, a dork who writes poetry and studies it, I was impressed with the poetic style used in their songs. Basically, this album kicked ass. Enough said. So throw away your shitty My Chemical Romance CDs and start listening to Atreyu, Killswitch Engage, Slipknot, and groups like that. It'll be the best decision you'll ever make. // 10

The Curse Reviewed by: unregistered, on december 23, 2005

Sound: I'm not really sure why the lead guitar sounds like its comming through a megaphone or something, and its highly overrated by the bands fans to begin with. The singer is one of those guys who sounds like hes hugging the toilet vomiting when he sings, lacks the growl of bands like Shadows Fall. The drumming is decent. // 6

Lyrics: The lyrics are the same silly wannabe dark metal lyrics you hear from so many bands these days. It's just Corny if you ask me, their not being emotional or sentimental in anyway with their words. // 5

Overall Impression: I was highly dissapointed when I bought this CD because so many people say this band is awesome. If your gonna listen to a new band that has a metal sound go with Shadows Fall, they make this band look like a high school garage band, which is really all they should be. // 4

The Curse Reviewed by: Shed the Tears, on january 04, 2006

Sound: They, I shall first state, are an awesome band. They have the sound that really pleasures my ears in a way few other bands can, bands such as Avenged Sevenfold. They are truly an emo band, now emo's a hot topic that many don't understand. Emo in reality means emotional, and will be all quiet and calm one minute then all of a sudden start screaming out of nowhere. Which began Emo music. And thats just what Atreyu does in this album, The Curse. The guitar is great, and being a guitarist myself I know. The drums, how I love double-bass and theres plenty to go around. The total effect that mixes together forms some kind of magical milkshake of guitar/drum/vocals from Steak'n'Shake, that entertains ones ears as a milkshake does the tounge. // 10

Lyrics: Moving on, the lyrics are of a dark nature and somewhat sexual. But, not the point, they are good to say the least. But the sound of Alexs' voice is really cool and you'll just have to hear for yourself. // 10

Overall Impression: I covered pretty much everything now. And I think I shall part with you. After these parting words. I don't review just anything only stuff that rocks, like this, or something that sucks completly, like, well, I don't like to throw out cheap hits. But, hey, that's that, now I'm going to continue listening to Weezer, as I have the whole review. // 10

More Atreyu reviews rating latest review
+ Suicide Notes And Butterfly Kisses 8.8 07/11/2011