No Defeat [Single] Review

6.3
 2.6
review (1) 58 comments vote for this album:
No Defeat [Single] Reviewed by: Jessica-Lyn, on january 11, 2013

Sound: Not usually a fan of Attack Attack!'s sound, but this new single blows them right out of the water. They have a harder sound without trying to hard. It's not all screams, crabcore, and synth - to me it's more so a "paying attention to what music really should sound like and where it should come from" sound. Change is a good thing, and most AA fans are going to start comparing vocalists and arguing over who is better. I do somewhat like their old sound and Caleb Shomo is a good vocalist, but I'm not going to lie when I say I think their new sound and new vocalist are a better fit. // 10

Lyrics: My favorite lyrics from the song come from the first verse: "Out of my way, For the last time, you won't break me (you wanna break me) Why wouldn't you try on, or get in the game But I won't fall As the presence, her presence is consumed by your shadow We're here to wake up" These lyrics are definitely better than "Welcome to my party as I'm lettin' you in raise my hand to the DJ let the music begin McSwagger is the type man." Phil Druyor's (of I Am Abomination) vocals blast right through your speakers. His edgy cleans are incredible. I have always been a fan of I Am Abomination and I feel Attack Attack! made a great choice when it came to who was going to be their new front man. I expect their next album with Phil will make every other Attack Attack! album looks like pure bullshit. // 10

Overall Impression: My overall impression of "No Defeat" is that it's just incredible. I have never once wanted to head bang to one of Attack Attack!'s songs, but this song I could head bang to all day. It is definitely a punch in the face (in a good way of course). The only thing that will suck, is when some AA fans will dislike the vocals and the sound change - personally, I love when bands change their sound. It shows their not afraid to try new things and sometimes change is for the better. As for when a new full length will come out, I'm not sure but I know when it does come out, I will be buying a copy.

// 10