Rage Review

attila: Rage
Released: May 11, 2010
Genre: Metal
Label: Artery Recordings/Razor & Tie Records
This album contains some killer riffs, amazing licks, and some sick breakdowns!
 7.1
 7.7
 6.5
review (1) 14 comments vote for this album:
Rage Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 09, 2011

Sound: Not bad, not bad at all. This album contains some killer riffs, amazing licks, and some sick breakdowns! There is no doubt about it that the drums are that of typical metal, and it sounds amazing! The breakdowns are intense and well placed, and none of the parts seem forced or out of place. The music flows extremely well! I was extremely pleased listening to this album, as before this album, I had never even heard of Attila before. However after this album, I'm very pleased that I did. // 9

Lyrics: The vocals for the most part were very good. There were a few parts I didn't especially like, but overall it was a very good album. Considering that I could only make out a few of the key lyrics by simply listening to the song, it wasn't too bad lyrically. There's something about a chorus of people yelling F**K that gives me chills, and makes a breakdown better. Upon looking up the lyrics for the song Rage I noticed that the lyrics almost looked like a rap song. It was really just about parties, getting drunk, and not caring about what other people have to say about their music. I wasn't sure if I had accidentally discovered a song of the same name by Eminem or if I had found the right lyrics. Upon listening to the song again, I realized that I had found the proper lyrics, and I was extremely disappointed. Despite the lyrics, I was impressed with the vocals overall, and would definitely listen to this album again. // 7

Overall Impression: My first impression was that they were just another breakdown band with a few sweet riffs thrown in there. Upon listening to the whole album and giving it a chance, I discovered that they are just another breakdown band with a few sweet riffs thrown in there. There's nothing new about Attila, it's an old idea with a new sound. I do enjoy Attila, but they fit into a genre with a lot of other hardcore metal acts of the same genre. They could be easily put into a genius playlist on iTunes is all I'm saying. Overall I enjoyed the album, but I believe that a few more elements could have been added to make this album even better. // 7

More Attila reviews rating latest review
+ Outlawed 8.6 08/25/2014