Total Brutal Review

Lyrics: 7.3
 8.9
 7.7
Total Brutal Reviewed by: Cade_nickels, on july 14, 2009

Sound: Death metal at it's absoulte finest. When I first got the album I put it in at home and jammed it from beginning to end. The sound is so "brutal" as "arnie" would say, and it sure is. It's full of barrelling double bass roles and fast, screaming solo's with plenty of pinch harmonics to open up those eyes a little bit. These guys are badass, and they don't take themselves to serious which is cool too. The album is full of hilarious skits, it's even more entertaining than watching Pumping Iron. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are inspired by Arnold Schwarzenegger's movies and sung by the impressive impersonator "Ahhhnold". The lyrics are simply brilliant. A metal enthusiasts wet dream. With titles like "Get to the Choppa" and "If It Bleeds We Can Kill It" it is destin to be at the very least the most most "butal" album of the year. The vocals have two dominate sounds; a lower pitched sound from arnie and a piercing high pitched vocal from guitarist Tim Lamesis. Enough to satisfy even the extremist of Death metal junkies. // 10

Overall Impression: Well I will say this about the album... In my opinion, in this day and age, rarely is there an album, or even a band for that matter, that even comes close to being as good as the historic musicians from the past. I would say that this album could easly rate on the top ten metal albums of the past ten years. My freinds had to pick it up after they gave it a listen. I would buy it today if I were you. "Get To The Choppa" // 10

Total Brutal Reviewed by: ZigZag667, on july 14, 2009

Sound: This album has a very thrashy feel to it with some crazy solo work done throughout. It has been been totally based around Aronld Schwarzennegers movies and famous quotes from them and there's the odd spoken track by him. There is mostly screamed vocal work but the odd sung part with "arnie" quotes throught out the song. All of the instruments bar the solo parts and the Arnie vocals were all done by Tim Lambesis, this style of writing and playing resembles a Nine Inch Nails theme where all instruments are written by one person and getting a band together to play live. It is a very innovative way to write as there is no conflict with members of a band wanting things to be a certain way, but it can be a lot harder as theres no one to bounce ideas off in the writing process. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics go with the music really well considering that most if not all of the lyrics have been taken from the scripts of various movies that the "Govenator" has appeared in. The lyrics themselves have been compiled to fit into the songs really well, for example theres: "I've watched you kill my friends, But we've got more guns left, I'm going to get backup, Then come shoot you in the face" which is from the track "Get to the Choppa" and theres "I have been sent back to protect you, My mission prerogative is to see this through, I am a war machine, Killing people is part of me, I am a cybernetic organism, Living tissue over endoskeleton" Taken from the song "I Am A Cybernetic Organism, Living Tissue Over (Metal) Endoskeleton". The singer has really good vocal clarity when screaming and a really melodic singing voice Fairly good vocal work all round but nothing that like WOW and OMG new etc. // 9

Overall Impression: It is fairly good in the fact as it can easily be compared with the other thrash genres and you can see very similar comparrisons with the accelerated drums and fast and heavy finger work on both bass and guitars. My personal favourite songs are "Get to the Choppa" and "I Am A Cybernetic Organism, Living Tissue Over (Metal) Endoskeleton". Its not so much a hate it album but more of the fact that there seems to be not enough variety in the songs but the solos help overcome that factor and spice it up a bit. I am undecided if I would buy this album again if it were stolen or lost but I probably would end up getting it again at some other point any way. // 8

Total Brutal Reviewed by: mrozzy123fest, on march 06, 2012

Sound: Well the sound is very modern metalcore which I'm not a fan of so my review wont be very accurate for core fans. This album is basically a big parody of Arnold Schwarzenegger with the starting track being an imitation of him. The riffs seem recycled but then you hear my favourite track (all of the songs sound the same) come on and explains the reasoning for this. There aren't really memorable songs compared to other funny bands like S.O.D. and M.O.D. but metalcore fans might enjoy this. // 5

Lyrics: Well the singing I find awful but once again I'm not a fan of this genre so I can't say an accurate answer. The lyrics are trying to be funny but are just not. I was disappointed because I was expecting a more raw S.O.D. type lyrics. The lyrics do go along with the music though but if you mix poop with poop... Its still poop. // 3

Overall Impression: Well I have to say I was quite disappointed with this album. I saw the cover by Ed Repka in a CD store and knew that the bands Ed Repka work with are usually very good but this one wasn't at all in my opinion. There really are not any stand out tracks for this album and I just find it annoying. If I lost this album I would not be amazingly disappointed. // 4

More Austrian Death Machine reviews rating latest review