Make A Sound Review

artist: autopilot off date: 01/26/2007 category: compact discs
autopilot off: Make A Sound
Released: Apr 13, 2004
Genre: Rock
Tones: Volatile, Slick, Brooding, Earnest, Aggressive, Acerbic, Rousing, Fiery, Intense, Raucous
Styles: Punk-Pop, Emo
 9.4
 9.8
Make A Sound Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 29, 2004

Sound: This new Autopilot Off album was no where near of what i expected. This is not a bad thing though, this was a very good album. It is nothing like the sound of they're EP released in 2002. The music is fast punk rythms with meaningful lyrics. Although the music is kind of pop-punk, Chris Johnson's voice is mature enough to not be like the normal everyday pop-punk that is poisoning the air-waves today. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics had a very strong meanigs to them. "The 12th Day" song on the album is a powerful song singing about the attacks of September 11th. The skills of Chris's voice are powerful and strong such as in "Divine Intervention" which is just Chris and his guitar for 2 and a half minutes which is excellent. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall this was an excellent album. This album was very powerful and with fast pop-punk songs but without the average "boy-likes-girl" lyrics. The songs that are worth a listen would be all of them except "Voice In The Dark" because it is just a wall of sound but every other song is great. When I first heard it I didn't like it but now I listened to it again and I love it and would buy it again if I was lost or stolen. If your a fan of good music, get it, if you're a fan of pop-punk and rock, get it. It's worth the $7. // 10

Make A Sound Reviewed by: BassPlayer500, on january 26, 2007

Sound: Autopilot Off is my favorite punk band. "Make A Sound" is a great album of the punk/pop genre. The sound is amazing; the guitars, the bass, and the drums all sound great. "Clockwork" has a cool opening guitar riff and so does "Make A Sound". "The Cicada's Song" and "What I Want" have good bass riffs. "What I Want" also has a cool drum intro and "Blessed By A Nightmare" has a really fast drum solo in it. There is also a nice piano part in "Voice In The Dark". There are some heavy songs on this CD like "The 12th Day" and "Make A Sound" and there are some softer songs like "I Know You're Waiting" and "Divine Intervention". // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics on this CD are pretty good. "Make A Sound" has great lyrics, the song tells a great story, something about being lost inside a lifeboat in the middle of the ocean. "Clockwork" is about how time will tell you everything, something like that. "The 12th Day" is about the attacks on 9/11/01, and "The Cicada's Song" tells a story about an abusive childhood. "Blind Truth" is a really cool song, the best part of it is the verse because the singing and the lyrics are really awesome. So, those are some of the songs that have great lyrics and stories behind them. The lyrics are great and Chris is an excellent singer. // 8

Overall Impression: Autopilot Off is the perfect band and "Make A Sound" is the perfect album if you like the pop/punk genre. My favorite songs on this CD are: "The Cicada's Song", "Blind Truth", and "Blessed By A Nightmare". If this album were lost or stolen, I would definitely buy it again. // 9

More Autopilot Off reviews rating latest review