We Are... [EP] Review

9.3
 4.3
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
We Are... [EP] Reviewed by: belavista man, on june 01, 2007

Sound: The new extended play CD from the rising alternative band, Avalon Way, is at the very least perfect in sound. I believe that they have found and used every sound that they were looking for. Thier sound is extremely unique, and is almost matched perfectly when they play live. If Virgin Records decide to release and of these tracks as a single, then I think that the listener will so focussed around the guitar riffs and vocal harmonies that they will feel that they have to buy it. Great. // 10

Lyrics: Some great lyrics on this EP, especially in See What I See (track 2). The lyrics in Transparancy are also pretty good too, with careful writing, beautiful vocal melody and precision towards thae vocals working around the music. The singer's skill is also rather unique. I haven't heard any other artist who sounds quite like him. The lyrics could be better on some tracks, but, as many artists have said, a lot of people can never be satisfied easily. // 9

Overall Impression: I'm glad I bought this EP. I didn't know who this band were until last weekend, at the music festival, and when I listened to them, I knew that them releasing this EP was the sign of success. I can't wait for them to hit the big-time, because I know they can, and will. // 9

Comments