My World Review

avril lavigne: My World
Released: Nov 4, 2003
Genre: Rock
Styles: Adult Alternative Pop/Rock, Teen Pop
The sound is really good-exactly like a live concert: screaming, overwhelmed, star-struck fans, loud guitars with bass and drums blasting out of the speakers.
 7.7
 5.3
review (1) 9 comments vote for this album:
My World Reviewed by: starbomb13, on august 06, 2004

Sound: The sound is really good-exactly like a live concert: screaming, overwhelmed, star-struck fans, loud guitars with bass and drums blasting out of the speakers, and above all that-there's Avril's sweet voice singing her hit songs.She not only sings her own songs-but she also sings her cover of "Basketcase" and "Knockin' On Heaven's Door". For the dvd - you can see it's like simon says, well, Avril says. Whatever avril tells them to do-the fans do. So you got a swarm or crazed fans in buffalo jumping, singing, and waving their hands in a somewhat syncronized way. It's pretty entertaining to watch. // 10

Lyrics: Yeah-as I've said in my many reviews of her music: the lyrics, the music, the overall package are f--ckin' awesome. It's may seem like someone like her can only reach teens-but if you see the dvd-there's a lot of adults-like 30 some year olds belting out the words to every song. They're dancing, smiling, jumping. God, you woulda thought they were teens too it weren't so obvious that they were older. Avril has that touch in her lyrics that appeal to masses of people-kids to adults, male and female. // 10

Overall Impression: This is a dvd that comes with a bonus live cd. In the dvd - there's a live concert in Buffalo, a behind-the-scenes feature, pictures, her music videos, and outtakes. I think it's a very good deal - I think I got it for only 15 dollars. It's entertaining,fun, and at times funny (the behind-the scenes action). It's a well put-together piece of work. If it were stolen well obviously I'd f--ckin' go get it again. // 10

More Avril Lavigne reviews rating latest review