Shotters Nation Review

babyshambles: Shotters Nation
Release Date: Oct 1, 2007
Label: EMI/Parlophone
Genres: Indie Rock, Garage Rock Revival
A small but very enjoyable triumph, Shotter's Nation suggests that there is still hope for Doherty's music to evolve past the live-fast, die-young ideal.
 9.1
 8.7
 9.4
review (1) 7 comments vote for this album:
Shotters Nation Reviewed by: revolution1251, on december 13, 2007

Sound: I've always loved pete dohertys music and I never really liked the babyshambles because of their debut album, but I found their new album Shotters nation a great album to listen to starting off with great songs then later on throught the tracks their songs decreasing in tempo it has a nice feel to it. Shotters nation has a variety of influences that helped create this great album Kinks, through to punk, Stone Roses, a touch of Soul 2 Soul, '80s indie, Madness, Blondie, Motown, Britpop and even one inspired by their UK number four hit single F--k Forever. They decided to add to their songs recording them and then recording over them. "They recorded it with Bert playing the guitar and Peter singing along so Bert's acoustic part and Peter's vocals were recorded at the same time. Peter put some arpeggio guitar over it. A lot of people think that's Bert when they first hear it. For a bit I was in the room with them playing double bass and I thought "you know what, man, this song is gonna sound beautiful as it is", so it thought I'm not going to push it. I just got up and left them to it." // 8

Lyrics: I like the lyrics it has a very brittish punk feel to it with a pop/folk influence.'Lyrically, the album captures the many facets of Peter's character: storyteller, lyricist, street poet, hopeless romantic and chronicler of British life.' The lyrics fit in well with the style of sound in their music, and I can't help playing along. Pete still has that unique voice of his that is at his best in this album. // 9

Overall Impression: The new album has a huge differences with bands around now they have a link to the real indie of travis, coldplay, blur, oasis with a punk feel to it. The album is the best thing I've heard for a while. My favourite songs from the album are: crumb begging baghead, unbilo titled and lost art of murder. I love the lyrics, chords and vocals used in this album. But I'm not to keen on the decreasing tempo near the end of the album I like the songs but I started to take no notice of the songs and I didn't take them in. It's deffnitly an album worth buying even if you don't like the babyshambles first alubm you will love this. // 9

More Babyshambles reviews rating latest review
+ Sequel to the Prequel 8 09/03/2013