Black Dots Review

9.2
 9.3
review (1) 4 comments vote for this album:
Black Dots Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 20, 2010

Sound: On the Black Dots, Bad Brains churn out some usual fast paced, punk music and a couple tracks of reggae. Let's start off at the beginning, shall we? "Don't Need It" and "At The Atlantis", segue the CD already into a punk record one must listen to. They manage to, once again, play Banned In D.C., Pay To Cum, and Don't Bother Me as well. As for the reggae tracks(Why'd You Have To Go? & The Man Won't Annoy Ya), they are not at all that good and not really worth that much of a listen, unless you are a die-hard Bad Brains fan. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics are the characteristic machine-gun fired lyrics. H.R., once again, manages to pull out the stops on the lyrics. He creates different vocal tones, moans, groans, growls, yells, as fast as only he again. As for lyrical content, I can barely hear what he says, but hey that's how it's supposed to be and seem to actually quite enjoy it. // 10

Overall Impression: Black Dots, is probably not the album I would choose to recommend to a person who's never heard of the band. I'd most likely recommend Rock For Light, as its more clean up, sound wise, and the easiest to listen. But for those who seem to enjoy punk or Bad Brains, you really can not go wrong. It's fast, it's loud, it's in your face, it's, well it's punk. A recommendation of mine would be to skip the reggae tracks. They're not good, they're not bad, they're mediocre. Last note, please listen to "At the Atlantis", it has to be the best track on the album. And yes, I would buy this again, if it got stollen. // 9

More Bad Brains reviews rating latest review