All Ages Review

bad religion: All Ages
Released: Nov 7, 1995
Genre: Rock
Styles: Punk, Alternative Pop/Rock, Hardcore Punk, L.A. Punk
This is really what punk rock is really all about. There is high energy, social commetary and of course plenty of shord songs with power chords.
 9.9
 9.8
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
All Ages Reviewed by: dieiervonstn, on february 28, 2005

Sound: Bad Religion is one of my favorite, if not my favorite, punk bands of the '90s. And with good reason. Their sound is unmistakable, which isn't true with some other bands. When you hear a Bad Religion song, you know it's a Bad Religion song. I think I first heard them on the Tony Hawk game, and I was instantly hooked. This CD is a greatest hits of BR. They have influenced countless "punk" bands today. But no one has, or will ever, match Bad Religion. // 10

Lyrics: Brett Gurewitz is the best punk singer/lyricist I have heard. My cousin tried to explain some of the lyrics to me, but I was too unsober to understand or remember what he was saying. I know "I Want To Conquer The World" is a typical punk song about how much they hate society. But other than that, I forget. The lyrics are good though. They arn't typical lyrics, but the meaning is the same as other punk songs. Not bad overall. // 10

Overall Impression: Bad Religion compares to no one, and never will. My favorite songs on this compilation are "I Want To Conquer The World," "Flat Earth Society," "Generator," and "21st Century Digital Boy." The whole CD is kick ass though. Even though my favorite BR song is missing ("You") from this CD, it is still a good buy, and any "punk rocker" that listens to Good Charlotte or Simple Plan, go out and see what real punk is. You're missing out. // 10

More Bad Religion reviews rating latest review