No Control Review

bad religion: No Control
Release Date: Dec 1989
Label: Epitaph
Genres: Hardcore Punk, Punk, Alternative Pop/Rock, L.A. Punk
This is welcome, as it makes the band sound that much more direct on principal cuts.
 9.5
review (1) 5 comments vote for this album:
No Control Reviewed by: Alex101, on march 28, 2006

Sound: This is the best Bad Religion album with the "Suffer" line-up, featuring Greg Graffin (vocals), Mr. Brett (guitars), Greg Hetson (guitars), Jay Bentley (bass) and Pete Finestone (drums). The songs on the album sound as good as the songs from "Suffer" and the guitar solos in the intro of most songs are just OK. It's just too bad the line-up for this album lasted until after the release of their next album (1991's "Against The Grain") as Pete Finestone left, but today the line-up can be considered a classic. // 10

Lyrics: Over the years, I never thought Bad Religion would always be able to pull out great lyrics, as well as the songs off this album. The riffs on the songs like "Change Of Ideas," "No Control," "I Want To Conquer The World" and "You" sound OK. Those are great songs by the way. The lyrics of those songs also sound hilarious like "I want to conquer the world, give all the idiots a brand new religion" (from "I Want To Conquer The World") and "What comes around always comes around, yeah!" (from "Big Bang"). // 10

Overall Impression: This is one of my favorite Bad Religion albums. I can tell that "Suffer" and "No Control" are highly recommended Bad Religion albums to listen to and enjoy the big journey back to their old times. If I lost this CD or if it was stolen, I'd be happy to buy it again. If you don't have this album, get your copy now! // 10

More Bad Religion reviews rating latest review