Bang Camaro II Review

9.3
 9.1
review (1) 9 comments vote for this album:
Bang Camaro II Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 19, 2009

Sound: The sound of "Bang Camaro II" is straight arena rock with an interesting acoustic twist and softer rock added in to make things interesting. Even though songs like "Night Lies" and "Blood Red Rock" sound like everyone is yelling, the vocals do shine in songs like "Miss Illusion" and "She's Gone Critical". However, in some songs, the lyrics are slightly hard to understand. The two guitars that switch between lead and rhythm are spot on throughout the album. The bass and drums also make you want to head bang uncontrollably. // 9

Lyrics: "Bang Camaro II" is more or less Bang Camaro's first album with lyrics. Every song, excluding "Thunderclap", have full blown lyrics, some with more meaning than others. The lyrics go from just lyrics to great narratives. "Life is Hard on the Road" is a perfect example of these great lyrics. The singers shine in some songs, but in others, like I stated in sounds, seem to just yell, even though they are singing. // 9

Overall Impression: Even though a few songs have a little bit too much of the loud yelling, this is a must have. It combines the thumping drums of metal with the crazy guitar riffs and singing of arena rock. Personally, I think "Miss Illusion", "Can't Stop the Night", "Night Lies", and "Life is Hard on the Road" are really where this albums shine. However, there really isn't a bad song. I am slightly disappointed that the song "I Know You Liked My Band" is really just a slight remake of "You Know I like My Band" on their first album. But all in all, if you're a fan of any form of rock or metal, this album is for you. // 10

More Bang Camaro reviews rating latest review