Before Their Eyes Review

7.7
 8.4
review (1) 12 comments vote for this album:
Before Their Eyes Reviewed by: Phil_Bass_Boy, on may 19, 2008

Sound: This is their first CD release, self-titled 'Before Their Eyes'. What I noticed front-out was the fact that music doesn't have to be very complex to be very emotional. The guitars follow similar patterns throughout the 10 Tracks of this record. It's nothing to 'Wow! ' at if you're a technical freak, but the guitars speak a language of themselves. Phenomenal job to the boys. They dot heavy breakdowns throughout their catchy and melodious songs, which is another cool bonus. I'm positive they are a Christian band; they managed to weave positivity into the lyrics seamlessly. They also have 1 or 2 great 'in-between' instrumental tracks, which I personally find very beautiful-sounding. All in all, one of the best new bands out there. // 8

Lyrics: The singer does a good job. A little pitch-corrected sounding though (only in some songs), which threw me off a tad. He is a great screamer, he does lows and highs without any problems. His lyrics are kind of hard to describe in a few words. They're very natural and relatable. Interpretations would list themselves wide and far. The singer is GREAT live I must note. If I had to chose one word to describe the lyrics overall in this album, it would be 'powerful'. // 7

Overall Impression: It is noticeable that they are new artists. Even though the album sounds professional as far as audio quality and performance, there is room for improvement. I know these guys will explode at some point. I personally think 'This Is Redemption, This is Our Lives Washed Clean' and 'Shotguns Speak Louder Than Words' are my favorites. I can't get enough of these songs. 'Crawling Towards Forgiveness' and 'City In A Snowglobe' are also pretty epic. Some of the dislikes is the pitch-correction on the singer. And I think the clash-chords are a bit overused in the breakdowns. What I really like are the singing/lyrics in themselves, the great sense of melody/simplicity. Also, the drummer does an amazing job of not sounding out of place, but not standing-out either. As far as I'm concerned it's some of the best drumming in musical terms. // 8

Comments