What Demons Do To Saints Review

7.7
 8.8
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
What Demons Do To Saints Reviewed by: chAosismyname, on october 04, 2007

Sound: Beneath the Sky has lots of nice little riffs thrown in between all of the constant barrage of the low notes. Not exactly the hardest stuff ever, but it is a bit heavy to say the least. Not exactly hardcore, or whatever they've decided to brand it these days, but it is still alright. Bits of piano mixed in with singing and the raspy screams in Being in A Coma is like Hell Carried On is different, but I'm not sure if it's 100%. // 8

Lyrics: Lyrically, this album gets a little old. They tend to repeat themselves, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it gets agitating. One thing I noticed was a heavy Christian influence in their lyrics (The Reason). Again, not necessarily a bad thing, but they need to expand a little. His style of screaming and growling took me a while to become accustomed to, because it is so raspy and sounds like his throat is bleeding or something. Not exactly Johnny Davy but still, he's got some talent. Already though, I think he may have developed throat cancer because there is a lot of softer singing throughout the CD. // 7

Overall Impression: Probably the most popular and impressive song on this album is 7861, and for good reasons. He's not screaming about Christianity. He's screaming about an actual life-changing event that happened. This song uses break(down)s more appropriately than a lot of hardcore style music does. Also, it has some better riffs. The thing I love the most is that they aren't the slow, 99.69% breakdown style of hardcore that is popular amongst the mallcore rats today. The thing I hate the most is that they like God too much. And despite the rising amount of hardcore Christians today, I still find it wrong, since a lot of original hardcore and pre-hardcore came from Satanists and anarchists and people who didn't give a crap about any religions. If it were lost, I think I might consider replacing it. Or I might just download 7861 and get it over with. // 8

More Beneath The Sky reviews rating latest review