Too Much Yang Review

bigbang: Too Much Yang
Release Date: Mar 19, 2007
Label: Warner Music
Genres: Rock
They have a good sound, though some of their lyrics are a little hard to hear with the levels of the instruments around the vocals.
 8.8
 7.7
 9.8
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Too Much Yang Reviewed by: Calibwam, on july 18, 2007

Sound: The Norwegian rock band BigBang has on this record made themselves "new". The sound is more Americanized, either for the good or bad of it. The band is heading to the states and trying to get noticed, and it is propably that this album will. It sound generally as south western rock, with a little beach on it. The album is not perhaps a very innovative album, but the music is prefect for relaxing and a good party. // 7

Lyrics: One of the biggest problems with BigBang I personally have, is that they tend to have some studip lyrics. One of theire songs is about a friend, and then suddenly about old people. That problem is not that big on this latest record. The lyrics blend more in with the music, and some of them even has a meaning. Uystein Greni's singing is perfect as always, and the backing vocals is where they ought to be, as BigBang has always been. A very good quote from the song "Hurrican Boy": I've got hopes and dreams and great Gretsch sound", followed by a drum solo with a drummer who always use Gretsch. // 8

Overall Impression: Maybe not the best BigBang album, but alltogether a good buy. With strengths as "I Don't Wanna" and "L.A. Song" lyrically, but also the guitar play on "My First Time" is worth a mention. I seem to love and hate the simplicity of the album. It is perfectly simple, alltough it is too simple, but even tough, a great buy if you like rock music. And if you like the album, be sure to check out these guys live, where they at least triple the sound from studio. // 8

Comments