Elephunk Review

black eyed peas: Elephunk
Released: June 24, 2003
Genre: Rap
Styles: Hip-Hop, Club/Dance, Alternative Rap
Elephunk doesn't have top-notch rapping, it does possess some of the most boundary-pushing productions in contemporary.
 6.4
 7.4
 5.4
Elephunk Reviewed by: LadyVoron, on june 30, 2004

Sound: Vinatge 60's-80's feel to it. Hip-hop beat, rap, more rap in it more than anything else. The overall sound is pretty good. I'm not one for hip-hop though, I bought the cd for my sister's 13th birthday present. She likes rap and hip-hop and pop, so she loves the cd. She's give the sound rating a 5- excellent. // 8

Lyrics: Some of the lyrics are good, but I wasn't really impressed by them. The best songs (that I liked on the cd) are: "Hey Mamma" and "Shut Up". "Let's Get It Started" would be on my list, but I explain why it isn't - below. // 6

Overall Impression: I haven't heard any of their later stuff so I don't know how this one compares. I was pretty mad about their video on tv which was titled "Let's Get It Started". When my sister and I listened to the cd, they kept saying "Let's get retarded", I don't think that's very nice, so I was mad. I checked teh back on the cd and it was titled "Let's get retarded". And when I watched the video again on tv, It was: Let's get it started". So I think that is lying pretty much. // 4

Elephunk Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 06, 2005

Sound: I think that the sounds really good. I'm a girl who hates rap and R&B and hip hop and all that other crap. For sum reason, this album had me wanting to listen to it. Theres sumthing unique and different with the BEP than other people and groups. I guess I also like them cause theres a Filipino on there, and I'm proud! Anyway, I like the sound. // 8

Lyrics: Well, the lyrics are okay, " Lets Get Retarded" was cool. "Where Is The Love" was great too. The other songs like Shut Up and Latin Girls (I think that's what it's called) is okay. The Alp song is great I Love it and it opens a new culture to the world, and makes filipinos proud. Oh yeah, Fergies got a great voice. // 8

Overall Impression: I think it don't compare to anything else, 'cause no one sounds like them! They're creative, fun and experiment a lot. Most impressive songs are number 10 and 6 and 13, and 11, and 3. My friends got the CD right now, so I can't member what they called. // 10

Comments