Sonic Brew Review

black label society: Sonic Brew
Released: May 4, 1999
Genre: Rock
Styles: Hard Rock, Heavy Metal
To be blunt, nothing on the record sounds as if it's designed for the year 2000 ? it sounds like classic '80s metal.
 8.3
 9.3
 7.3
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
Sonic Brew Reviewed by: faqu, on january 13, 2005

Sound: I'll be honest with you. The sound of this album isn't that great as the other BLS albums. At some points you cant hear the guitar really well, and on some points you can hear the drums. The bass is awesome though. Zakk's guitar work is amazing! You can see why he is one of the world's best guitar players. He plays so smooth, and with such a feeling that will impress you. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics are good. Zakk's voice is even better. I do believe he is one of the most talented singer ever! I know many of you don't agree, but this is not his first album that he sings in it. He sang on his "Pride & Glory" album, and on his solo album "Book Of Shadows." You need to check one those albums to see what I'm talking about. He plays some piano, all the guitar parts, and some bass. // 10

Overall Impression: This is Black Label Society's debut album, and this is considered to be one of the metal highlights of 1999. Zakk wrote all the songs on this one (exept the cover of "No More Tears"). This album is a true metal classic. This was my first album by BLS and one of my favorites. You should check out some nice tunes in this record, and I know you'll like the guitar work. // 10

More Black Label Society reviews rating latest review