Stronger Than Death Review

9.7
 8.4
reviews (2) 1 comment vote for this album:
Stronger Than Death Reviewed by: FretJAMMER777, on january 30, 2007

Sound: When I first picked up this CD I thought it would contain something angry, filled with angst, agression, and pain. It did. This CD is amazing. There is so much pure strength within the album as a whole, not just a few songs. Pure insanity is a pretty good way to describe songs like "13 Years of Grief", "Phoney Smiles & Fake Hellos", and "Stronger Than Death". This is an album that shows Wylde's versatility like in the songs "Just Killing Time" and "Counterfeit God." // 10

Lyrics: Every person has a favorite performer or band. Mine are Zakk Wylde and BLS. You may think that there is some Satanic act because of song titles like "Counterfeit God" or "Stronger Than Death". They're not, but they do rock. Every song tells a story. Zakk is also versitile when it comes to singing different pitches, and styles. There is even a guest on the "Stronger Than Death" track. Mike Piazza, the baseball player, provides growls to kick off the drums. There may be some 'Colorful Language' used in some of these songs, but they are raw emotion, so I deem it acceptable. // 10

Overall Impression: This is an album worth comparing if you want to stomp out the competition. The most impressive songs on the album are "13 Years of Grief", "Counterfeit God", "Rust", and even "Just Killing Time". it's amazing that Zakk can have strength with softness at the same time like on the last track "Love Reign Down". I particularly love the way it pumps me up, whether I'm driving or a little P Oed. The squeals: definition. The solos: faster than lightning. The sound: Indescribable. If I lost this, I'd go out right away to get it. // 10

Stronger Than Death Reviewed by: Mr_Zakk_Wylde, on may 19, 2004

Sound: This album is a gutsy album, with Zakk Wyldes signature harmonic squeal. The guitar parts and solo's work very well in conjunction with the rest of the tracks, giving the sound a flowing feeling. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics match the songs very well, not only are there balls to the wall all out metal songs such as 13 years of grief and Superterrorizer, but also ballard type songs such as RUST and JUST KILLING TIME. These songs show off the true lyrical ability, the ability to not only produce a metal song with lyrics to shock even the hardest priest, but also the ability to move one more than any other song. // 8

Overall Impression: This album is another musical masterpiece. With its ability to include gutsy songs and lyrics with moving ballads. I love the way each song fits together like a jigsaw puzzle, definately a must buy for any Black Label/Zakk Wylde Fans. // 10

More Black Label Society reviews rating latest review