Black N Blue Review

black n blue: Black N Blue
Released: 1984
Genre: Glam Metal, Hard Rock
Label: Geffen Records
Black 'N Blue's self titled debut album is one of the best albums I've ever heard! Black 'N Blue introduces itself to the hard rock/glam metal world with a bang! This album is most comparable to KISS and Motley Crue, which is a tell-tale sign that this album is great.
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
Black N Blue Reviewed by: CinderellaFan14, on january 17, 2012

Sound: Black 'N Blue's self titled debut album is one of the best albums I've ever heard! Black 'N Blue introduces itself to the hard rock/glam metal world with a bang! This band can be thought of as being similar to KISS, especially with Tommy Thayer being the lead guitarist for this group! Besides Tommy Thayer, the other true star of Black 'N Blue is Jaime St. James, the vocalist for Black 'N Blue. Jaime's ability to hit the high notes really adds an extra factor to this amazing band that some other bands didn't have. Between Jaime and Thayer, Black 'N Blue becomes a truly amazing band. Black 'N Blue has that well known 80's hard rock/glam metal sound that bands such as Twisted Sister and Motley Crue similarly had. Major hits for the band include "The Strong Will Rock", "School Of Hard Knocks", and "Hold On To 18". However, every song from this album easily could have become a single! The recipe for this album stayed strong throughout the entire tape, and creates a very long lasting impression that changes the way you look at music indefinably. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics for each and all of the songs on this album are simply amazing! The lyrics for each of the songs on Black 'N Blue are extremely KISS-sounding, which is part of what brought Gene Simmons' attention in Black 'N Blue's later years. Jaime St. James fails to disappoint on this album, with amazing vocals and pitch changes that seem simply amazing! // 10

Overall Impression: "Black 'N Blue" is one of my favorite albums of all time. Period. This album is most comparable to KISS and Motley Crue, which is a tell-tale sign that this album is great. The most impressive songs on this album have to be "Hold On To 18", "The Strong Will Rock", "Wicked B-tch", "School Of Hard Knocks", and "Action". Like I said earlier, however, every song from this album is amazing and are instant hits to anyone who hears them. I simply love Black 'N Blue because they are Black 'N Blue; they weren't a band who was going out, trying to become famous by using another artist's style of music, but instead brought something new to the table and were amazingly unique! I cannot say I hate anything on this album. If this album were stolen or lost, I would 100% buy it again. There is no hesitance in my mind about it. Every hard rock lover has to hear this album, just like every hard rock music lover should hear KISS' album of the same name, or Black Sabbath's album of the same name. This album is one that will not disappoint, and I highly recommend that you buy the CD! // 10

More Black N Blue reviews rating latest review