Champions Review

blakfish: Champions
Released: Aug 10, 2009
Genre: Rock
Label: Hassle Records
Blakfish are an impressive mix of technical prowess and awesome.
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Champions Reviewed by: simonshand, on october 22, 2010

Sound: Blakfish are an impressive mix of technical prowess and awesome. Post-hardcore style with much math based riffs and melodies, both guitars play very intricate, well timed, bone mashing melodies over a very prominent bass with some very impressive drumming. 2 lead singers throwing together aggression, passion but generally just being pissed off making a perfect concoction of mosh-hearty music. // 10

Lyrics: Both singers share the load fairly equally with genuinely some of the best lyrics I've ever had the fortune to listen too. The first track 'Economics' contains the lines; 'We know that there's a problem, and why the economy's so bleak, what we all earn in one year, footballers earn in one week'. It is simply mind blowing how talented they are. // 10

Overall Impression: My overall impression, incredible. I love a lot of bands, but these guys take the cake. Mixing aggression with technical skill with a completely original style is mighty impressive, the huge following they had in the underground indie scene was rightfully deserved. It saddens me everyday they broke up. But 3 of the members of Blakfish went on to make &U&I check them out! // 10

Comments