Humanity Review

8.7
 6.7
review (1) 11 comments vote for this album:
Humanity Reviewed by: FromRossToLast, on june 03, 2010

Sound: I've only just got in to this band recently, after hearing the track Servants Of Divinity, at about midnight on scuzz. And I was just hit by thier sound straight away. It was as agressive as deathcore/ death metal normally is, but it had a fair amount of melody to it, which isn't seen much anymore, most riffs normally just have a 4/4 chugging rhythm, but not this band. After buying the album, you could hear the band have a unique sound, and all the tracks are good in different ways. But Servants Of Divinity is the stand out track on the album. Scott Kennedy's vocals also make the band even better, there is no question the music is good, but a lot of the time in deathcore bands, the vocals ruin the sound. But with his vocals they just add to the sound, every song seems have to have some meaning to him, as each one portrays the same amount of effort put in to the songs. // 9

Lyrics: Every song seems to have an aspect of anti-religion. This may put a fair amount of listners off, but the music is so brilliant you generally don't take notice of most lyrics. Seeing as song has some kind of anti-relgious lyric in them, I think Kennedy may have gone through something when he was younger, which has led him to feel so strongly about relgion. The lyrics are agressive, like the music, so of course they fit together perfectly. Unlike with most agressive styles, where the lyrics are just thrown down on top of riffs so it sound okay, it's different with Bleed From Within. The band have obviously been working hard on the album as the lyrics fit in perfectly with every riff. Scott Kennedy's vocals skills are better than most of the others in the deathcore genre. He seems to be compared to Oli Sykes, of Bring Me The Horizon a lot, but to put it bluntly, Scott is on a completely different level to Oli. // 8

Overall Impression: Bleed From Within aren't well known, but they should be, because they are one of the best deathcore bands around (in my opintion). The only thing that may hold them back is the constant anti-relgious lyrics, this may wear thin eventually, and just become annoying. But I'm sure the music will stay at the same high level, and will probably improve, which will take them to a different class compared to other bands. If it were stolen I would definantly buy it again. Although, if my entire CD collection were stolen, it would probably just make the list. As I said earlier the main stand out song on the album is Servants To Divinity, which is why it was released as a single I suppose. I personally think Save Your Prayers, Monsters and The Fall Of Man (infection) are also brilliant. // 9

More Bleed From Within reviews rating latest review