Portrait Of The Goddess Review

Released: Apr 30, 2002
Label: Indecision
Genre: Rock
Styles: Grindcore, Alternative Metal
While Bleeding Throughs Portrait Of A Godess doesn't add much new to the table, it is still a very good album.
 Lyrics: 8.5
 7.1
 8.8
 5.4
Portrait Of The Goddess Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 06, 2005

Sound: Sound was pretty wicked. This CD came out when hardcore/metalcore was starting to gain its popularity. This was there 2nd of 3 CDs, unlike what the other dude said. Overall the sound gave me no reason not to give it a perfect. // 10

Lyrics: Lyrics are ok. Like always, these guys are somtimes over cliched as some say, but the singers voice brings it up so much more. I would give the lyrics a 3/5, but that dudes voice is just so awesome. // 8

Overall Impression: This album has on it my favorite hardcore/metalcore song ever, Savior, Saint, Salvation on it. This song takes me places only few other songs are able to. Also the songs rise, and the other remakes, I dream of july, turns cold to touch, etc, are all really good songs. If sombody stole it. well, I don't know, 'cause truthfully I stole it from the internet so I don't care. // 10

Portrait Of The Goddess Reviewed by: swift2k8, on june 11, 2008

Sound: Portrait of the Goddess must be a very overlooked album. When you hear of Bleeding Through, the only albums that come up are "This is Love, This is Murderous" and "The Truth" However here is a CD that needs playing. Each song on this disc has it's own personality and sound. When starting out with "Rise" you hear some of the most forceful growls in the business. The next tune "Our Enemies" has to be the second best track on the record. The riff heard throughout is one of the most catchy and smooth licks I've heard in a long time. The ending solo is also precise and very melodic. True, this may be just "another metalcore/hardcore" but Bleeding Through uses so many different aspects in their songs that they break many molds that plague the industry. This is most evident in the song "Savior, Saint, Salvation" which is without a doubt THE best song on the entire album. Featuring M. Shadows from A7X, "Savior" crosses the entire spectrum. From melodic to groovy, quiet to hardcore, it has everything. // 8

Lyrics: To me, these are some of the most personal lyrics I have heard. They may not be, but they sure as hell hold some meaning only the lyricist would know. This doesn't mean that they don't make sense though, some of the breakdowns and chorus' have an anthemic quality one wouldn't expect from a hardcore band. To be short, these are lyrics you must HEAR first. That is where the emotionality of them really shines. // 9

Overall Impression: One of the only major faults I could find with this album is some of the blastbeats. The drummer tries to hard too play too fast and some of them feel out of time. Other than that, this is truly an album you must hear. It sheds new light on the emotional side of metal. If it were stolen I would try to find another copy, but it was a pain in the ass to find the one I have now. // 8

More Bleeding Through reviews rating latest review