The Truth Review

bleeding through: The Truth
Release Date: Jan 10, 2006
Label: Trustkill
Genres: Grindcore, Alternative Metal
Bleeding Through added more musical elements to their sound, and this album will always be your favourite.
 Lyrics: 8.6
 8.7
 7.2
The Truth Reviewed by: monte, on january 19, 2006

Sound: The music on this cd is amazing. It's still stays true to the older Bleeding Through style, but it definately branches out into new things. The drums sound as great as ever. Crisp and Clean. Way better production than This Is Love, This Is Murderous which I guess is expected from all new releases these days. I'm extremely happy that Ryan decided to quit distorting his bass. I really hated that fuzzy bass sound on "This Is Love,", so kudos on that. I was kinda surprised by "Line In The Sand," not sure if I like it yet, though. It's really soft. The title track is an instrumental. Overall, it's pretty good. I personally expected more from it, but its still pretty good. Marta's keyboards were mixed a lot better. You can hear that they are louder, when she's playing at all. It doesn't seem like they have near as much keyboards than they did in past albums. The only major downpoint I found was the guitar tone. It's disgusting. Granted, It has improved since "This Is Love" metallic, hollow sound, but they still could have done better. // 8

Lyrics: Now to Brandon. Brandon has a great scream. His singing is good too. Definately better then "This Is Love," a lot more poppy. However, it still needs a lot of work. I find myself to get annoyed with the vocals on "Line In The Sand." I think he needs to just keep with screaming, and only sing on choruses, quite honestly. His lyrics, in my opinion, are the worst part of the CD. It's the same old BS. In the verses its a mixture of "Ohh! I'm such an effing tough guy! I'll take you on! I'll fight 'till the death because I don't have anything to prove or anything to lose f--k f--k f--k blah blah blah" and then the choruses are "You're bleeding. And I'm bleeding too. And I love you. But I'm gonna kill you anyway." Okay, Brandon, you are a talented writer. So lets see you use that talent and write a different song. Not just switch up the lyrics a bit, and hit a high note or two and call it good. It really bugs me. Typical macho BS coming outta his mouth! But it could be worse. // 6

Overall Impression: My overall impression - it's a good CD. They have definately progressed musically since "This Is Love" however, content wise, I still muchly prefer older releases. If it gets lost or stolen I probably won't worry about replacing it. If I do, I'll probably just download it if I want it that bad. They've already got my money's worth. // 7

The Truth Reviewed by: aintlifegrand, on january 18, 2006

Sound: Well I don't really know what genre to put these guys in, maybe metalcore. Very hard band, when listening to their singer I sometimes get glimpses of Phil Anselmo, atleast to me anyways. Hard fast driving rhythms. Same typical Bleeding Through sound. // 9

Lyrics: Haven't really set down and listened to the lyrics yet, but from what I can tell they sound good, they match the music, and of course their singer is right where he usually is in supberb fashion. Some songs on this album he refrains from screaming a little more here and there then I rememeber on their last album This Is Love, This Is Murderous, but still it sounds great. // 8

Overall Impression: So far I haven't fully been able to break it in, you know the typical 5 or 6 listenings straight through. But as of now I really like it I'm no disappointed at all. A little difference from their last album I've noticed is Line In The Sand seems to be Bleeding Through's attempt at a ballad, but I still dig it. And the last song on the album The Truth is instrumental, but nice. The others are typical Bleeding Through. But overall it is a great album and if it were stolen I would definitly go out and get again. // 9

The Truth Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 25, 2006

Sound: This is the most insane album ever made by Bleeding Through. They are one of the greatest bands ever. Brandan's voice has never been more clear, perhaps they now use pro-tools at Trustkill Records. The guitars are amazing, there are not as many solos as there we in This Is Love but they are just as good. The keyboards are a real plus as well. // 10

Lyrics: Brandan's lyrics are really meaningful to those who have experienced hard times. It isn't an emo album, which of course is good, but it's the type of album that does not drag on about hard days, but rather it gives you hope that things will become better no matter what. // 10

Overall Impression: Bleeding Through is only one of a few hardcore bands that has the potential to go places. Surprisingly, Avenged Sevenfold, BT, Throwdown, 18 Visions, and Atreyu all come from Orange County in Cali, and are all hardcore. I can't think of anything I don't like about this album, even the singing in Line in the Sand. So what if Brandan has a deep voice? If he still had the guts to sing like that, that works for me! // 10

The Truth Reviewed by: SunnDoobie, on july 04, 2006

Sound: I was sitting at home and my friend tells me I should listen to this song, she thought I'd like it. I asked what the band was, she replied Bleeding Through, and from that moment on I loved Bleeding Through! When I put the CD in to my stereo, I listened to it while looking through the lyrics in the booklet, which is violently gorgeous! This band makes their music from pain, sorrow, hate and other such emotions, and with that they have made a unique band lyrics wise. With the way that the band get inspiration for wrtiting songs, I believe that it will affect more ppl than just another generic metal band. // 9

Lyrics: Like I said before, their lyrics come from emotions and its mainly heartache and all the things that come with it. The lyrics in their songs tell individual stories of sorrow, hate and anguish. The lyrics go very well with the instruments, striking bass notes when neccesary, pounding kick drums and wreching guitars! I beleive that the lead singer has very good qualities, going from hardcore screaming to melodic serenading. // 9

Overall Impression: I figured that this band would be another metal band, blaring guitar, indescernable screaming, and forgettable lyrics. However when I sat down and listened to it and looked over the lyrics, I could tell that this band was different. I have many favorites but the song that stands out the most is Line in the Sand. Its a more melodic song, soothing guitar and keyboard, broken up by bass and drum hits. I abesoultly love this cd, I really can't think of anything that I don't like, and if anyone stole it, or if I ever lost it, I would march right out and grab another copy. I recomend this CD for people that like anger ans angiush, mixed in with sadness and pain. // 10

The Truth Reviewed by: Ameh =), on july 22, 2006

Sound: For the band's second major debut album, it's pretty good. They've modelled their sound for this one though, for their most loved song on This Is Love This Is Murderous; Love Lost In A Hail Of Gunfire, the opening track. The song on The Truth mostly sound the same, but have really catchy riffs and chorus's. Lines get stuck in your head, and it's like, 'Which song is this from?' I quite like it though, because on 'Line In The Sand', there's none of his 'I'm choking on a cheese grater' screaming, but him singing, and I quite like it. The instrumental 'The Truth' is also very good. // 8

Lyrics: I really really like the lyrics, and a lot of them stick out in my head. They're kind of angry, and sometimes give a feeling as if they've been hurt but still love the person who hurt them. This is apparant in 'Hollywood Prison': 'What can I say that hasn't been said before, I wrote your name in blood on my prison walls'. Also in 'Line In The Sand': 'If I told you the truth now, would you still leave and take my heart? If I show you the truth, would you still leave?' I quite like the lyrics and the feeling they give. You can relate to them when you've just argued with someone you love. // 10

Overall Impression: Hmm, I'm not sure, Bleeding Through are kinda the first artists with this sound I've heard, I think the stand-out songs from the album are Kill To Believe, Return To Sender, Dearly Demented and Love in Slow Motion (which I love because of the little keyboard bits. I love that this is one of the first things I have heard from their genre, and I love all fo it. I hate the fact it mainly all sounds like 'Love Lost', and I preferred their previous album, because this one is less experimental and their sound is more fixed. Ahh well, I'd still go out and buy it again iuf it got stolen. If it were lost, I'd just find it again. // 8

More Bleeding Through reviews rating latest review