A Thought Crushed My Mind Review

blindside: A Thought Crushed My Mind
Released: Jan 18, 2000
Label: Tooth & Nail
Genre: Rock
Styles: Alternative Pop/Rock, Hardcore Punk, Indie Rock, Alternative Metal, Punk Revival, Rap-Metal, Alternative CCM
It builds on the promise of their debut, crafting a number of memorable hardcore/alt-metal songs, while keeping all of their spiritual commitment and passion intact.
 9.9
 9.8
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
A Thought Crushed My Mind Reviewed by: Eye4ni, on august 18, 2005

Sound: On this album "A Thought Crushed My Mind" the sound was hardcore. To me the sound is very original. The thing I love about this band is how diverse their music is, and this album shows that off well. It's definetly not my favorite by them, but it's still absolutly incredible! The songs with the best sound are, "King Of The Closet," "Act," "Nara," "Across Waters," and "Nothing But Skin." // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics in this album is tied with "The Great Depression" (a very recent release by Blindside) as the best lyrics of all time. These lyrics are incredibly deep and personal. It's like they turned a poem book into an album. Christian Linskog and Simon (the vocalist and guitarist) both describe this album as heartbroken. The singer's skills are also amazing, he can go from head throbbing screams to gentle vocals automatically! // 10

Overall Impression: This album wasn't as good as the three albums that came after it, but this album would be my favorite if those three didn't exist. The most amazing songs on this album again, are, "King of the Closet," "Act," "Nara," "Across Waters," and "Nothing But Skin." I love the passion and energy. Theres is something very inspiring about this album. How it's so heartbroken and emotional. I truely believe Blindside puts more emotion and energy in to their albums then any other band. Another thing that I love about this album and every other Blindside album is how every song on their CD's is great, no fillers! This album is worth buying and couldnt go more than a week with out it. // 10

More Blindside reviews rating latest review
+ The Great Depression 8.6 08/08/2005