Blink 182 Review

blink 182: Blink 182
Released: Nov 18, 2003
Genre: Rock
Styles: Punk-Pop, Post-Grunge, Punk Revival, Alternative Pop/Rock
This album is when Blink-182 started to stray from their original sound.
 9.1
 9.2
Blink 182 Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 13, 2004

Sound: I have been a Blink fan since enema of the state. I liked the songs that were played on the radio (All The Small Things/What's My Age Again) the only reason that I even bought Enema was because of the third single, Adams Song. This is an awesome song. I loved it. I got their older stuff and their newer stuff and I liked the serious songs the most, like Romeo And Rabecca and What Went Wrong this new serious album is like a bunch of great an favorite songs. I am very serious, and now Blink is. change is always needed. Blink changed cause they grew. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics were amazing. I loved listening to them. Blink took time and poured their hearts and their souls into the lyrics, like I do for my band. The band is much more worth listening to now that they have somthing to say. // 10

Overall Impression: I have been a blink fan since the first time I heard a Blink song. I'm Lost Without You is an awesome slow, depressive, sit in a dark room and think album. Is it worth buying? I Bought the firs copy in my whole city! I ditched school to wait outside the store for an hour to buy the cd in the first place. My cousin scrached that one beyond repair a month later, and I bought another. I love it. You will too, if youve grown up at all in the last 5 years. // 10

Blink 182 Reviewed by: bloogy182, on april 26, 2006

Sound: A much different sound to their usual but still just as good. This album delivers a stunning mix of pop-punk, punk, alternative and post-grunge and is great for any one who likes good music. As with all albums there are bad points and there a couple of songs such as Obvious and Go that seem to lack in style and become quite repetitive, however this is made up for with greats like Down, Asthenia, Always and Stockholm Syndrome. They've even brought in the help of Robert Smith from The Cure to record a stunning "Cure-esque" song. And Travis is let loose to create some awesome drum-beats in songs such as The Fallen Interlude. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are also a complete change to their usual and offer up a different side to Blink that hasn't been seen before. Tom DeLonge shows what a great lyricist he is with songs such as I'm Lost Without You and Always, and along with some great bass lines courtesy of Mark Hoppus they have conjured up something brilliant. Some songs lyrics do seem to lack substance, such as Go however the other songs make up for this and when sung by Tom DeLonge almost anything will sound good. // 10

Overall Impression: This album is great for non-Blink and Blink fans and will keep you listening for hours. The best songs on it are Down, Stockholm Syndrome, Not Now (only availible on the UK version), Always and Violence all of which offer up great riffs and fantastic melodies and lyrics to create a formidable mix. Granted not all the songs are as good as this and Obvious and Go both rather let themselves down however the rest of the album is so good you won't particularly notice these songs. This is certainly an album I would recommend to anyone and is destined to be remembered as a great one. // 9

Blink 182 Reviewed by: ninjai, on november 20, 2003

Sound: When you hear the new blink 182 self-titled album you will also hear a new blink 182. They have matured and the sound in the album proves it. The sound in this album will be a surprise for all the blink 182 fans. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics in this album are different just like the sound is. The lyrics in this album are an improvement from their last two albums (Enama of the State, and Take off your Pants and Jacket). I think they are trying to change to a darker, sadder side, and this album is just the begining. // 10

Overall Impression: I do enjoy listening to this album but I don't think this is their best work. The best they ever released was "Dude Ranch", but thats just my opinion. All songs are nice to listen to, but I enjoyed "violence", "down" and "I miss you". If someone stole this album I would buy it again, yes it was that good, but also because I am a huge blink fan who like any other fan has all of their favorite bands records. I know some of you argue and say that they are pop-punk and others say they are punk, well this album proves that they are pop-punk. As a huge blink fan I would like to say that this album is worth every penny you waste on it. // 8

Blink 182 Reviewed by: Horneyman71, on june 01, 2004

Sound: Blink certainly has grown up. Theres no more joke songs which might lose a few fans. I was'nt so sure about this "Maturing" when I bought the album. The first listen I could tell the sound was different. They used different microphones and guitars bases etc. Most of the riffs are still pretty simple and catchy, but I'm lovin the sound. The simple catchyness of BLink 182 is what keeps me coming back for more. Some bands have crazy guitar solos which is fine for them, but if Blink suddenly switched and had a totally different sound, I probably would lose some interest. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are no longer jokes, but they never had toally joke CD's. The lyrics have matured, and are more complicated to figure out, which I like. Both Tom and Mark have voices that some might like and some might not. They lyrics are more serious this time around, but it didn't completely ruin anything for me. My one wish would be that they still could have one or two joke songs, because they are masters of joke song making. // 8

Overall Impression: Blink 182 is a superior record. The songs that jumps out at me are Stockholm Syndrome, Down and number 13 on the album (Sorry I havent totally memorized all the names I'm pretty close though) The rest are all awesome too. I would buy it again no matter how many times it was stolen. It is worth buying unless you are one of the people who bases their life on saying how much they hate Blink 182. If your one of those people though, you should buy it anyway so you can hear wat you hate and have even more material to work with. Overall this CD is pure awesome. // 10

Blink 182 Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 16, 2004

Sound: First of all this is blinks best album, anyone who agrees otherwise is wrong. The sound is awesome on every song, and this album even has different guitar, bass and drum sounds, lets not forget the intro to feeling this. I miss you sounds amazin with the cello sound. Finally the album is capped off with piano in several songs which sounds rad. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are amazin. Stockholm Syndrome is probably one of the best lyrical songs I've heard in ages. Also I Miss You the words for the chorus stay in your head for ages after you've heard that song. If you thought Blink were immmature listen to this album because you will see that they are amazin musicians. The lyrics go with the mood for every song on the album, as there is happy, sad, aggressive, and mellow. Tom and Mark both sound awesome. // 10

Overall Impression: This will be the best cd you have bought in ages. Perhaps 3 main songs stand out being feeling this, I Miss You, and the unforgetable Stockholm Syndrome. But all of the other songs are pure genious. Those of you whol thought blink were rubbish what are they doing with robert smith from the cure on the album! There is nothing I would change about the album. If I lost this album I wuld be straight to the store for another one and would not be bothered paying the money. Overall a genuine masterpiece from the best band in the planet today! // 10

Blink 182 Reviewed by: man-overboard, on august 27, 2004

Sound: The things te blink lads do for your ears are amazing! This has one of the best sound quality and diversity on any of the Blink Albums. They have expanded into different instruments and techniques, and multiple guitar parts. And what can I say about Travis's drumming? Superb. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics on this are perfect. They fit in with all there songs, and have so much more meaning then any of there older songs (don't get me wrong I love there older songs!) Tom hits every note perfectly, and his vocals really add to the songs. Marks melodic voice is perfect in songs like "Stockholm Syndrome" and "I Miss you." Overall, the singing by both Mark and Tom is just perfect for this album and all the songs! // 10

Overall Impression: This is definately the most mature album that Blink have released. All its songs have meanings and feeling behind them, and they are definately in a leauge of thier own with this amazing album. It is unfair to say they've "Sold Out" and "They've lost the punkiness." This album defies punk, it is punk, and it is beyond punk. All the songs on here are quite simply astouding, there is not one that I would skip. Some of the best are: Feeling This, I Miss You, Stockholm Syndrome, Down, All Of This, Always and Easy Target. This Album is amazing, go buy it now! A must have for all Blink 182 fans! // 10

Blink 182 Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 28, 2004

Sound: New guitars. Pianos. Synthesizers. Acoustics. Electrics. Jazz drumming. It all comes together for an amazing sound on the new album. We all new it was going to happen eventually right? Blink was going to be "all-growed-up" someday and come out with a new sound. And it really works for them too. There are 2 rather big changes as far as songs go. One is acoustic. "I Miss You" is an all acoustic song, and this is the first time blink has had an all acoustic song, or at least one that wasn't a secret song. The second change is pianos. "I'm Lost Without You" is a brilliant song, using piano as a primary instrument for most of the song. // 10

Lyrics: Tom and Mark obviously took a long amount of time, and thought things out lyrically for this album. "I will go down, as your lover, your friend, give me your lips, and with one kiss we'll begin." Lyrics like that are a huge change from "When you F--ed grandpa did he kiss you soft and tender?" Lyrically some of the best songs are "Always", "I'm Lost Without You", and "I Miss You", as well as "Stockholm Syndrome" and "All Of This", with guest vocalist Robert Smith from The Cure. // 10

Overall Impression: To any person that is giving this CD a bad review, you need to sit down and re-think anything you put down. A lot of people like to go off of what blink has done in the past, and even as a long time Blink-182 fan, even I can admit that it all sounded similar and that a lot of it was poppy. But keep in mind that Blink-182 has started a revolution. This CD came out almost a full year ago, and numerous bands like Blink have made a musical change and "matured." Green Day's "American Idiot" is a total revamp from prior CD's like "Dookie" and "Nimrod." Granted, Sum 41 was on the verge of a change with "Does This Look Infected?", but their new CD "Chuck" is a complete change from "All Killer No Filler." You can bet your sweet ass that if I ever lost this CD, I'd be right out to buy a new copy. Hell, I bought all 3 versions of "Take Off Your Pants And Jacket" just for the secret songs. Theres nothing to even hate on this CD. You can't hate the fact that Mark, Tom, and Travis have finally matured. There is no comparison from any other Blink-182 CD to this one. We can only wonder what the next will sound like. // 10

Blink 182 Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 29, 2004

Sound: This cd has a much deeper sound to it then their other cd's. In I Miss You they used all acoustic guitars and it sounded great. I loved The Fallen Interlude. In the intro of Asthenia, Tom's guitar made the coolest sound ever. In I'm Lost Without you at the end Travis' drum solo was crazy. Now that's good drumming. This cd compared to their other ones has a much better sound. // 10

Lyrics: Their lyrics really spoke to me. Everything they were saying was just so true. I think this time around they matured alot which is a good thing, at first I was kinda afraid that the cd would just sound bad. But I loved this cd and it's my favourite so far. The lyrics themselves were lustful and really strong. I love, and when I say love I mean love Tom's voice. I like Mark's voice because in some songs it's kinda depressing. I think this cd has better lyrics because now in their lyrics their serious and In their old cd's they kinda reminded me of 14 year old guys-but don't get me wrong I liked that but I also liked that they grew up. // 10

Overall Impression: This cd is awesome and totally worth the money. The songs I liked the most were Stockholm Syndrome, Down, Easy Target, All Of This - I loved that Robert Smith was on this track, I miss you, and I'm Lost Without You. I also liked The Fallen Interlude. But I loved all the songs. I loved everything about it and hated nothing. I'm not the kind of person who gives something a perfect grade but this cd deserved it. If on the slightest chance it got lost or stolen I would for sure buy a new one. I was very impressed with how much they matured. // 10

Blink 182 Reviewed by: unregistered, on december 01, 2004

Sound: Blink 182 stepped it up big time with this album. A more mature Blink but maybe a better Blink. Musically this album came out as one of there best. It shows alot in a band when they can put together an album like this. For Blink 182 this album sounded so different, still alot of fast Blink beats but at the same time, they got down to it and put some time into the creation of the songs. Kinda pissed that they didn't do any joke songs on it but its still a kick ass album, a must have. // 10

Lyrics: Lyrically Blink's best. Alot of there other albums were aall about getting loud and fast and punk music. On there self titled they took some time in creating a lyrically sound album that alot of people can relate too. Whether its the soft but lyrical sound of I Miss You or even the letter at the end of Violence. It shows alot to put something that deep in there. And Violence is a pretty good song as well. I've listened to Blink for a long time and every album they seem to get better and better. // 10

Overall Impression: For a Blink 182 album by far this was the best. Or at least a close tie with chesire cat but anyways. It doesn't get much better then to here the fallen interlude play or the great guitar beats on Stockholm Syndrome or Go. From start to finish a good album, I really can't say anything bad about it. Exept for the fact that when I bought the album the first day it came out, I miss you was my favorite song but now that they've over played it so much its really not so great. Definitly a album to buy and for that matter all the other Blink 182 albums are good to by too. // 10

Blink 182 Reviewed by: unregistered, on december 21, 2004

Sound: It was so good! Kinda wish Tom would write more solos in all of the cds, but riffs are catchy! Mark (bass/vocals) and Tom's (guitar/vocals) voices have matured so much, and the contrast between voices is wonderful! Mark has a bassy voice, while Tom's is whiney (good!) and treble. You can really hear the bass, which is awesome. Less fast but awesome! // 10

Lyrics: More serious lyrics, and like I said before beautiful voices! I loved all songs especially I Miss You, Here's Your Letter, and Easy Target! Everyone can relate to it! Wish they'd write another joke song. // 10

Overall Impression: They were here before punk rock was born, in fact they were birth! They beat every other band by far! All songs were immpressive especially Easy Target, I Miss You, Here's Your Letter, and Stockholm Syndrome! Did not hate anything, except I wish it was more funny! If I ever lost it I would buy a new one, and if someone stole it I would beat the crap out of them and if they didn't give it back I would make everyone hate them, beat them up all the time, talk bad about them and buy a new one! // 10

Blink 182 Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 03, 2005

Sound: Okay, first the sound. I found it wasn't bad at all, acutally I loved it. Many "punk rockers" are going to hate this album due to the loss of its true punk feel. To the people who hated this album and gave it ones instead or 4 or 5's just because you have a purple mohawk you get to label it as punk or non punk? I mean, just listen to the music, thats what its about: the music. Anyhow the sound was great. I love marks bassy low voice mixing with Toms higher treble voice. Toms new guitar is great in such tracks as "I Miss You" and "Always." As always Marks bass playing keep the melody's going smoothly, Kudo's to Mark on this album. Overall I loved this album 4/5. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics were great as always just like there earlier albums, the lyrics made the music great. The dude from The Cure was in one of the songs, I think it was "All Of This" well anyways it was good. Blink 182 has a new feel, not so much punk but the lyrics rocked in "I Miss You" and "Go". Those two are probably my faves. Mark and Toms voices were amazing in this, I dont know where you people hear the "Whine" that you do but I don't. // 8

Overall Impression: I think this album was the second best of all Blink 182 toypaj is numero 1 in my opinion. The most impressive songs were "Feeling This," "Go," "Always" and "Down." I love how Blink 182 has matured over the years, there is definitely no " I-I wanna f--k a dog in the ass" sort of stuff anymore even though it was good while it lasted. The new sound is awesome guys, I hope you make a better album that tops this one off in a couple years. The only thing I hated was just a tad of Humour, what happened to it? If I lost this albun I'd go out right now and get a new one. // 8

Blink 182 Reviewed by: GetLostInIt776, on february 17, 2005

Sound: The sound of this album is definitely different than the sound of Blink's other CD's. Generally, it is more heavily distorted, more raw, and less striaghtforward. If I had to critique one thing about the sound it would be that Tom uses too many effects on his guitar, and even though it sounds great, it's almost like the guitar isn't as strong as on say, Take Off Your Pants And Jacket. He has less cool riffs, but the chord progressions are heavenly. Basically, Tom is a sound genius. // 10

Lyrics: As always, Blink's lyrics are awesome. Mark and Tom have great lyrical minds, and they totally connect the lyrics on every song. I love the lyrics on the Track "Feelin' This", they really capture a happy, punked-up hyper feeling. The track "Always" has amazing lyrics too. Basically the whole album's lyrics are really super rad. // 10

Overall Impression: My impression of this album is one of amazement. I have been a fan of Blink ever since Enema Of The State came out, and I own their entire discography. Just to listen to their releases, from Chesire Cat all the way down to this untitled release, it's amazing to see how they have grown as musicians. This album gets straight 5's because it is a really creative, artistic work. I love it, and if it got stolen or lost I would definitely replace it. // 10

Blink 182 Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 30, 2005

Sound: I am a die hard Blink 182 fan and have been ever snce I heard the single dammit. There music has certainly matred since those days but they are still singing about more or less teh sme things. Like the first track on the album, Feeling This, it's about sex. Tom went in one room and wrote the vers whilst Mark went into another to write the chorus and they came out with an amazing pink song. This album was very different and at a first glance I did'nt like it very much but after listening to the lyrics properly I could really relate to this album and it is not to be dismissed. The songs like I'm lost without you, it is really long but it is an amazing masterpice and the heavy songs like Easy Target and Stockholm Syndrome are not the usual Blink sorta songs but they are really good and deserve a lot of credit. // 10

Lyrics: This albums lyrics are absolutely amazing. Tom and Mark should be very proud for having written such inssightful music. People did not take to the lyrics from this album as much because they are not full of swearing and fart joke but those people are not true Blink fans they are just there for a laugh and thy only listen to the songs for a laugh not for a meaning. When I listen to this record and its lyrics I hear people like me people whos lifes are not a laugh a minute, people who have gone through bad times. The lyrics to songs like "Obvious" are angry and come from bad experiences but songs like "I'm Lost Without You" are from sad times where you are crying inside and most people can relate to all of these songs if they actually listen to them. // 10

Overall Impression: This album is not Blink's best album but it is one of the best, the singing in it is amazing Tom's voice has really evolved since the Cheshire Cat record if you listen to "Carousel" from that and then listen to "I'm Lost Without You" you will be amazed. The best songd for me on the album are all of them apart from the fallen interlude I only listen to that if I want some background music, I listen to it with "life's so boring" because they are lyricless apart from the end of the fallen interlude. I love everything about this album and I think that it is a masterpice and should go down in the history of music alongside classic bands like Nirvana and Iron Maiden. If this album were to be stolen (I don't really blame someone for stealling this its that good) I would definetely buy another. I would like to tell every blink fan or any punk fan or just a music enjoyer that they should give this record a chance because it might not seem that great at first but it wll catch on and you learn to love this album like I love I do and you will learn to appreciate great music like this. // 10

Blink 182 Reviewed by: copperlite, on november 20, 2003

Sound: Styles: Punk, Punk revival, Nu-Punk, Heavily mastered Blink 182 has been a pioneer for their style of punk and are continuing that tradition with their new self titled album. The most notable difference between this album and their other's is the amount of effects that are used. There is heavey usage of chorus and echo effects on both their voices and instruments. A few of their new songs almost have a rap style to them, with the bass coming out a lot more rather then backing up the guitar. The drumming is pretty fast paced as usual giving their music a really powerful effect alone. // 10

Lyrics: Blink 182 supposidley had a lot more time to work on this album then their previous record "Take Off Your Pants and Jacket." This really comes out in their lyrics, they definatley are lot more meaningfull on this album with a LOT less of blink 182's usual immature style, which was characteristic of their previous works. It seems Blink 182 has sold in the past because of their incredible sense of melody and their symplistic lyric style rather then the meaningfullness of their songs. On this album it seems they tried something different by trying to incorperate more meaningfull songs while still creating very catchy and poppey tunes a mix which seems to have worked out very well for them. My favorite songs lyrically are probably, "Stockholm Syndrome," and "I Miss You." The singing on this album is really good, though I think a lot of it is masked by over mastering of the recording. Tom delonge's singing style has seemed to changed a bit and Mark has become much more of a backup singer compared to their previous albums. I think their voices would come through much better at some points if they laid back on the effects, but on the other hand, at other times they add a lot to the mood of the cd. // 8

Overall Impression: I was suprisingly impressed with this album. When I read about this album when it was being created, according to their bassist Mark Hoppus it was supposed to be "one of those albums that will never leave your cd player or one that you'll throw in the trash and spit on." It is very rare for a band like blink 182 with such an established style, to try something new and acually have it turn out sounding really good. I had my friend burn me this cd, since I thought I'd be one of the spitters, but I guess it really clicked with me, so I went out and bought it. It's a must have if you're into this kind of music, and if you're not, give it a try and listen to it once, it's got a lot of good stuff on it. // 10

Blink 182 Reviewed by: cskent99, on november 20, 2003

Sound: Im writing this review as a counter to the other blink 182 album review that was submitted, stating it was full of fifth grade humour songs and songs about girls. I would advise you to disregard this - Blink fan or not, ill go on to explain why. Sound - The band have decided to use a variety of sounds on this album - not just the usual repetative guitar riff and basic bass. Travis surpasses all expectation as per usual beating out insane drums right left and centre. Although the music hasnt got more technical, the whole album has a more adult side to it - so sorry, no songs about intercourse with dogs. Sound rating 4! // 8

Lyrics: Ive opted to give the lyrics a five. This is because of the amount of change between Take off your Pants and Jacket and the new album. And contrary to popular belief, there are no songs about sex with any type of animal, or any incontinent grandparents. No bum sex either - which was a slight disappointment :p Anyhow. One only has to look at tracks such as Go, Stockholm Syndrome or Violence to see how much the band has changed. Go tells the story of his mothers unhappy marriage, and tries to get across how unfairly treated she was by his father. Violence is an excellent song describing the relationship between a boy and a girl. Contrary to popular belief i do not rate the song Feeling This very highly, I think that it lets down the album in general - but still award lyrics a five. // 10

Overall Impression: Did it compare to other albums? Yes, and i think this is possibly the second best blink album to date. No stupid songs, interesting instrumentals - what more could you ask for from a band that, maybe two years ago wrote songs about bestiality (f*** a dog) and Aliens and Conspiracy (Aliens exist). What are the most impressive songs from the album? Go, Stockholm Syndrome, Violence, I Miss you What do you love about it? What do you hate? Love - The new sound, the new lyrics, the whole new perception of the band Hate - The idiot who did the last review, giving it a 1 with no valid reasons, and most likely without listening to the album once. If it were stolen/lost, would you buy it again or get something else? I would buy it again, except that all the tracks are on CD, Minidisk and on my computer jukebox :D Is it worth of buying at all? Not if you expect an album that is anything like their last. Not if you are closed minded towards the band. Hell, even if you dont buy it, ask a friend with it to lend it to you - listen to it once and you will see the major change. Anything else you'd like to share? I hope people get to read this review, i hope it gives a fair evaluation of the album Chris signing off, cskent99 // 8

Blink 182 Reviewed by: HTDrules, on november 25, 2003

Sound: Ok so now the new Blink albums out and I've had a chance to listen to it I have to admit i was surprised at how far they've come since Take Off... which was possibly one of the single worst albums I've ever heard not counting the Busted album. Now Tom DeLonge has kinda mellowed out and is writing mature music a world away from F*** A Dog. Thank God thats all I can say. The surprising thing is that Tom now uses a wide range off effects, and his new sig 335 may have some part in the great new sounding Blink experience. One of the most moving (did I just use moving while describing Bilnk) parts of the album is the letter to Mark's grandmother from his Grandfather during the Second World War. There isn't a bad song on the cd with the possible exception of Violence which is just plain weird but the chorus and bridge don't fail to impress. Even the radio friendly Felling This is a shithot song. and Down, Obvious and I Miss You are all great tracks. // 10

Lyrics: The Lyrics are great, they are really mature and coming from the band that produced such punk greats as F*** A Dog, Blew Job and Family Reunion there may be hope for the new (and in my opinion) vastly improved Blink. An extremly mature and in some cases extremely moving album lyricly Blink really give the impression that the situations are ones that the band have gone through. The only problem I have is Tom's singing ability, he is still not as good as Mark vocally. // 10

Overall Impression: Blink 182 is one of the best punk albums I have listened to in recent years, sounding more like Boxcar Racer (Tom and Travis' other band for those of you that don't know) this album is a superbly written album, superb lyrics, inspired playing from all members and for a change no immature songs. The new Blink album may for once bring Mark, Tom and Travis some critical acclaim for once. Album Highlights: Down Feeling This I Miss You Obvious // 10

Blink 182 Reviewed by: onlyonehere, on november 25, 2003

Sound: A new Blink 182 album and the promise of a new sound. Did they do this? Yep they certainly did. Effects, drum loops and others feature on this record which add to their already distinctive style of power punk. The album is most definitely not like any Blink album released before, it wipes the floor with its predecessors. The sound is better - experimantal and the guitar lines are a million times better than that of Enema of the State or Take off Your Pants and Jacket. // 8

Lyrics: Lyrically the album cannot be faulted. Praise must be given to Blink 182 for producing heart-felt lyrics that touch emotions like never before. They can write a catchy song that is easy to sing-a-long to while adding whatever emotions they deem fit. On the linear notes included with the album Mark, Tom and Travis all comment on the lyrics and write what mood they were trying to set with the songs. Unlike previous albums hilarity is not mentioned once which is a blessing. No stupid songs written about fucking dogs or blowing parents off, it is obvious that the lyrics come straight from the heart. // 10

Overall Impression: This album in my eyes is without a doubt the finest album Blink has offered to date. Nothing is at fault here. The sound is clear, the lyrics are superb and they have achieved new levels of greatness in the album. It's standout tracks are 'Stockholm Syndrome', 'I Miss You', 'Here's Your Letter' and 'Easy Target'. It's easy to slate Blink 182 off as another crap pop punk band but the fact is that this album has proved that they are one of the best, if not the best pop-punk band around. Whether you love them or hate them this album without a doubt is one of the best released this year. If it was stolen or lost I would definitely replace it, it is definately worth buying if you've never heard Blink or liked any of their previous albums. // 10

Blink 182 Reviewed by: ANewFoundPride, on march 10, 2004

Sound: I play the electric bass and I can tell you that these guys sound great. Mark Hoppus sounds great on his fender bass VI and fender stratocaster. Tom is awesome also with his guitar. They might not have the best solos ever, or all be Jimmy Hendrixs and Angus Youngs, but they make each song sound interesting and exciting by having multiple instruments playing at once in some tracks and you will want to listen to the tracks over and over again. // 10

Lyrics: Blink 182 have always been good lyricists and they continue to do so in this album. The lyrics in this album are more mature and have more meaning than any previous album. Blink 182 seems to have grown up and really started singing about real life issues (mostly about girls). // 10

Overall Impression: The music in this great! If you liked blink before, you'll love them if you get this cd. They open the cd with a great song (feeling this) that has great vocals and an awesome accapella at the end of the song. Then it leads straight into obvious and their new music video I Miss You. It tops their 2001 album Take off Your Pants and Jacket by a longshot. It is definitely their most serious album yet compared to Enema of the State (another great Blink 182 cd). It starts strong and it ends strong with a nice drum solo by Travis Landon Barker. They also take a combination of the old and new. Track 10 (Always) is a total 80's song as Mark comments. It comes, it kills most other punk rock cds, it leaves. What more can I say? // 10

Blink 182 Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 25, 2004

Sound: This album has definitely shown alot of difference between their past albums...the riffs are harder, no two songs really sound the same, they use some different instruments, and seemed to have experimented around with alot of stuff. For instance, they have fast paced songs (Stockholm Syndrome, Go) and then turn right back around and have slow, meaningful ballads (I Miss You, I'm Lost Without You). The only "song" I didn't really like was "The Fallen Interlude" it was more of a hip hopish thing, but all together the sound is great. Tom's new signature guitar sounds awesome, Mark's bass is at its best, and Travis is as awesome as ever...definitely a 5. PS: Teeny boppers aren't gonna like most of the songs on here... // 10

Lyrics: Tom and Mark have always been awesome at writing, and there's no difference here...I couldn't think of any of this shit in my entire life! All of the album is more mature, so there aren't anymore songs about having sex with a dog, and I know that will dissapoint some "fans", but it truly is better. Tom and Mark's voices fit perfectly with all of the music and it's flat out awesome...5 all the way. // 10

Overall Impression: My overall impression on this album was that it was great! It definitely shows maturity for the whole band and is a huge step up from their past stuff. It really shows just how much music means to them...I would VERY highly recommend that you pick up this album. My favorite songs are "Feeling This", "Obvious", "Stockholm Syndrome", "Down", and "Here's Your Letter"...my least favorite is "The Fallen Interlude" mainly because of it's hip hop sound. I would definitely re-buy this album if it was lost or stolen...if you don't already have it...GET IT NOW! // 10

Blink 182 Reviewed by: harm0n20, on may 18, 2004

Sound: K first off, I was reading through some of the other reviews and noticed that "flip" gave it a poor rating. So i read his review and you can easily tell that he didnt take the time to listen to the album. He's probably never heard any blink 182 stuff and just hates them cuz hell everybody else seems too. With that said i am ready to give my review of the album. The sound and music on this album is amazing! All the songs are just so well writen and they have gone so far since fly swatter and all of their earlier stuff. Toms riffs are heavier and extremely catchy as always. mark's singing is outstanding! I think mark is by far the best singer out of them. And travis absolutely whails on his drums!!! He is crazy!! O yes, back to flip (this guy just pissed me off). Tom is indeed a good guitar player. Back before blink even started tom used to play a lot of jazz guitar and he has played guitar for so long. It would be impossible for somebody who has made it big playing guitar and has played that long to be bad so stfu, u dont know what ur talking about. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics on this album amazed me. They have definately matured away from their masturbation and fart jokes, which i always actually liked. They still sing alot about girls and such but so does every other band. Example: AC/DC "You Shook Me All Night Long". The lyrics just go along with the music so well and as i mentioned earlier mark has an incredible voice. Tom does sing more on this album than mark but tom is an excellent singer as well. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall this album was by far the best album of 2003 and possibly 2004. This album is always playin in either my car, home stereo, or on my portable music device. The cd mixes slow songs with fast songs perfectly. It starts out with two fast songs to get you hyped up and then eases it down a knotch with "I Miss You" and then back into faster stuff. The best songs on the album would be... ALL OF THEM! There isnt one dull moment on this cd. I strongly urge everyone that listens to NFG, Sum-41, Greenday, NoFX, or Rancid to go out and by this album if you have not already done so! i must leave you all now to listen to this album. // 10

Blink 182 Reviewed by: corey182__, on may 25, 2004

Sound: The new style of music impressed me. I didn't know what to expect when I heard blink was "Maturing" musically. They took a darker approach with I Miss You, which was also an Acoustic track. Tom even got out of normal tuning, which is rare for pop-punk. I think the different styles turned some blink fans off, but some fans love it. And i think the different sound from these guys will get them some more fans. I also enjoyed the NASA Transmissions and the weird effects on Asthenia. That stands as one of my favorite blink tracks. And Violence was a different approach, with the weird drums and the snapping. It was a great record for blink musically. // 10

Lyrics: Of course, with a new Blink 182 record, everyone expects a joke song like Happy Holidays or Family Reunion. But unfortunately, there was no song like that on the CD. But I think Mark and Tom had another idea with more serious lyrics. And with a downside of no joke song, the lyrics were well written. They even kept their pop-punk style with some serious lyrics in "Go" with Mark writing about his dad and how his mom and him tried to leave the house and get away from him, at least thats how i interpreted it. But lyricaly it was a quality album. // 8

Overall Impression: This CD, I think, marks a point in blink's career, they may take a more serious approach to righting music, or may try something new. But thats what I enjoyed, the more dark and more serious approach. With my favorite album being Dude Ranch, it isn't near as good as it, others may differ. And this album does completely differ from Dude Ranch. But I think if you are a blink fan, you should definetly get it. If your not, but you like the different style that you heard in I Miss You and now can see the video of Down, you might wanna check it out. // 10

Blink 182 Reviewed by: JAGuitarist, on june 28, 2004

Sound: The sound and music of this album kicks ass. It's really amazing. The stlye has varied slightly and thats a great asset to this album. Songs like "Violence", "Go" and specially "I Miss You" are brilliant. Travis has done an excellent job with the drums and the guitarists have done a great job too. various othe instruments have been added and thats phenomenal stuff. // 8

Lyrics: Blink 182 may have slightly changed their style with the lyrics but they still are the cool band i've always known. Love songs like "Always", "I'm Lost Without You" are amazing. "Feeling This" revolved around sex is also a really good song. Mark did not sing much as he did with the other albums, that was dissapointing but the parts he sang are awesome! // 8

Overall Impression: Yeah this album is for everyone even to the people that dont listen to Blink 182. It's better than Metallica's "Saint Anger" and Linkin Park's "Meteora". It's kicks "Greenday's" ass big time! And I think we can say to the people that Blink 182 are in a league of thier own and classifying them with groups like new found glory and simple plan is not fair to these amazing guys. Yeah this album is worth buying and if it were stolen I'll immediately buy it again. All the songs are amazing, but among the best are "I Miss You" ,"Feeling This", "Violence", "Down", "Asthenia" and the one with robert smith is really cool "All Of This". All The songs are great. It may take time liking them but once you do you'll forget about listening to anyone else. Overall Great innovation and stuff from the greatest band of all times "Blink 182". // 10

Blink 182 Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 13, 2004

Sound: There last album take off your pants and jacket was ok with a few exceptions it was more poopy. Sorry, but it was good enought to let me get there new cd. this cd as totally improve, now that the Blink mebers are all like 30 they have to be mature and to fans who want the old imature stuff just play the old records. This new cd they went back to punk but they almost seem a little emo since every song is about girls except the fallen interlude. There new stuff sounds more like the 80's which I like it remends me a little of pink floyd and the cure. As a fellow punk, gutarist, vocalist, and a fan of good music they have a new taste with old qualties and good songs which win over me. Feeling this is now my current anthem. There guitar and bass parts and not complex(hey I learned some of the guitat parts) but very creative in the sense u can tell they use new methods of getting different sounds and more than one kind of the same instument to accomplish there own specific sound. It way also sound a little like the side project Box Car Racer. I look forward to seeing more of the same kind of music for the future. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are fantastic and are like poetry. They deal mostly about girls and reltionships but on a more serious note. The song about being in space and not wanting to come home haunting remends me of how hard life is. Feeling this, I miss you down, and the one song featureing david smith from the cure show there lyrics are hauntingly beatiful or jst the great lust of sex. They cover all serious topics that you could want in a song. Since this album is self tittled it probly means this is there new way of music and I think they will eventually be a rembered group for it. // 8

Overall Impression: One of my favorite albums thats why I had to give it a reveiw. Travis - the druming is world class overall. God bless you and I'm sure your mom is smiling down on u from heaven. Tom and Marh have great vocals and great lyrics. they are now a band that has done serios and silly albums. This is a great improve ment from take off your pants and jacket. This style of the future kicks ass. I could go on talking bout this but I really wanna go skate boarding. So Blink 182 nice album I look forward to your work in the future but I'm only a punkass 14 year old what the hell do I know. Rock on. // 10

Blink 182 Reviewed by: unregistered, on december 02, 2004

Sound: My first impression of the album was one of disbelief. After nearly ten years, Blink 182 have finally grown up! The music was totally different this time. What I mean by this is that on albums such as Enema Of The State and Take Of Your Pants And Jacket, they had a kinda 'high school' pop-punk sound. This was cool in a way, as it established their audience and dealt with teenage issues. Their new sound changes everything. On a positive note, it is good to see them maturing and becoming unique. However, they still are a very pop-oriented band - I recently saw a performance on a talkshow where they lip-sync'd. The fact that they aren't confident playing live shows that they still don't have that 'x-factor' that other bands such as Sum 41 or Simple Plan do have. You never see them jumping up in the air, enjoying their music, actually jamming. You see them in their clips singing with their guitars hanging losely. I'm sorry, I just don't like it. It is good in a way to see them growing up, but their sound needs to be further developed, and they have a long way to go yet to be seen as more than a pop band. Although Tom will never be a Hendrix, Page or Santana, his style fits the form of music and generally gets the job done. Travis can cut it with the best of them on the drums, and Mark is so-so. However a lot of the music I didn't like at all. One thing that irritated me in particular was the 80's feel present in many tracks. Feeling This, I miss you and Always used this element effectively. However, in songs such as "Go" and "The Fallen Interlude", the effects sounded misplaced and awkward. The album is in many ways an improvement in regard to sound, but they still have a long way to go if they want a 5/5 score. // 6

Lyrics: The lyrics certainly have become a lot more meaningful and important this time around. The issues which are addressed are personal, often dealing with love and romance issues. This is something which I have always liked about Blink. They never seem to be political; you never hear anything critical of wars, governments, religion, etc. Or anything which challenges dominant societal hegemonies. Those who have been involved in a deep meaningful relationship may be able to relate to the lyrics well. However if you are a young teen who was just dumped by your first girlfriend, my suggestion is to go and pick up Enema of the State or TOYP&J, as you won't find any songs about that here. The vocal skills of both Tom and Mark have their moments. Down in particular was a really emotive song, and the vocal talents of Tom enhanced the experience. The lyrics enhanced the average sound and pulled the album up from what could have been a rather lackluster effort to make a deep, meaningful record. // 8

Overall Impression: I will admit I am a die-hard sum 41 fan. I have tried not to let this influence my judgment of the album. But now comes the time when it is fitting to compare Blink to other bands. Their lyrics are great and individual in their own way. Sum 41 are great and individual as well, as they discuss and foreground relevant and complex societal issues, particuarly in their latest album. Their sound is also many leagues above that of Blink's, be it Dave's rockin' guitar solos, Deryck's vocals or the general feel of the music. However, blink are very unique and nothing portrays this more than their new album. I will never prefer blink, but if I am thinking about my relationship or something, it is great listening. If I am pissed off with America for re-electing bush or for sending soldiers to die in a pointless war, I am going to a concert, or I am going to have a session with the band, I will listen to/buy tickets for/play Sum 41 songs. However, blink remains great contemplative music, and a worthwhile alternative. The most impressive songs on the album are Down, Always, Here's Your Letter, and Feeling This. They show their true talent. Overall, the main pro is that the music is individual, unique, and contemplative. The main con would be that if you love great sounding music, something you can really move to, bang your head to, really feel, this ain't it. Sorry. Go buy Chuck. If I lost this album, I think I would make sure I had every Sum 41 and Simple Plan album. Then I would go buy it again. // 8

Blink 182 Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 31, 2005

Sound: This is a really diverse album for Blink 182, who were always the bratty pop-punk guys. I love all their albums and I find that this one show a lot of maturity without giving up their trademark songwriting. There are slow songs like "I Miss You" and "All Of This," but fast songs like "Go" and "Stockholm Syndrome." What I think is really interesting is that while not having the fastest songs on this record, they have written some of their hardest material on this record. "Easy Target" and "Obvious" really have a dirty grind to the guitars. I'm glad Tom finally walked away from his standard Fender guitars onto experimenting with Gibsons. As always, Travis' drumming is phenomenal, especially at the end of the last song with two drum track layered on top of each other. I think one of the biggest surprises would have to be "The Fallen Interlude," a great song to listen to at night while driving. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics on this album are definitly some of the best Mark and Tom have ever written. I didn't necessarily relate to as much of the lyrics on this album as I could with, say Dude Ranch, but in a poetic sense, these lyrics are much more powerful and imaginitive. The song with the worst lyrics would have to be "Aesthena" and "Feeling This," but even those songs have some good lines in them. My favorites would have to be "I Miss You," "Violence," "Down" and "Stockholm Syndrome." I also think having Robert Smith from The Cure on "All Of This" was a great idea and it really shows the growth the band has made. // 9

Overall Impression: This isn't my favorite Blink 182 album, but it is definitly one of them. To me, Dude Ranch is gonna hold that position just because I could relate to a lot of the material, being an adolescent during the time I listened to it. The best songs on this album are "I Miss You," "Easy Target," "Violence" and "Stockholm Syndrome." "Aesthena" is the only song that doesn't really do much for me. I really like the fact that they tried different things on this album and didn't worry about trying to be the punk rock band. They have outgrown that genre and I think it happens to all bands eventually. The only thing I really don't like about this CD is that it could be their last and I think it's a shame because they could keep growing and writing better songs. If the rumors are true, then at least they went out with a bang. // 9

Blink 182 Reviewed by: fox69, on october 31, 2005

Sound: I was a big Blink fan at one time. This album flat out disappointed me. It seemed to fake and a lot what they've done before. Tom's guitar was average, Travis' drumming was nowhere near as good as he used to be. Mark's bass was actually the only thing I did really like about the album. It was fairly good. Other than that thought it was a disappointment. // 6

Lyrics: Tom did a lot more singing on this album and I think that's the reason it was weaker. He has a voice that sounds like he's just hitting puberty and it gets annoying. Mark is a very good singer but didn't do near enough. If he sang quite a bit more I'd say he could have saved the album. // 5

Overall Impression: This is nowhere near the caliber of any of their previous albums. The only good song that I really like on the CD was "Stockholm Syndrome." Sure they had a couple of songs that were ok like "Obvious" and "Always," which is a good chick song but they definetly lost their edge. They've broken up now, and I will buy their greatest hit CD but I'm definetly didappouinted they had to finish off their career with a suck ass CD like this. Who knows, maybe they'll get back together and play some better stuff some day. I wouldn't suggest you buy this album if you were a fan of any of blink's work from the '90s-2001. // 5

Blink 182 Reviewed by: candylane67, on december 22, 2005

Sound: The sound was absoloutly awesome and the effects with the speakers, a very deep sound, the music was well put together, good guitar, but yet, a pretty fun CD. The only story attached to this thing is that I was workin' all summer, and I'd thought I'd get that CD my parents were suprised to know I liked that type of music, I bought, $25.00 that thing was! And then I just listened to it, the end, isn't it heart Warming? The music style on this CD was way more serious than most of there other work, there, was no "I Wanna F--k A Dog In The Ass," it was kinda suprising, but at the same time very good. // 8

Lyrics: Lyrics, way more serious, I loved them, it was nice to hear the Blink 182 boys finally turn into Blink 182 men that were actually kinda lyrically serious about there music! The whole thing fit pretty good with the music I'd have to say! Tom Delonge, why do you have to have this whole accent? Oh well, it's pretty funny! // 7

Overall Impression: I think it compares because everyone's going all "emo" today in the whole music scene, but the sound is also pretty original. I get a more serious impression from the album but it's nice, I can actually enjoy this instead of flipping to the next song when guests are over from the fear that they would hear "Family Reunion." What I love about it: good music, original, it has substance to it, deep sound, good sound, full sound, yay! What I hate about it: that damn 6 min. song at the end of the CD that goes on and on about nothing! // 9

Blink 182 Reviewed by: peepee182, on january 09, 2006

Sound: Amazing! One word. This album was a fresh start. Everything came niclely considering that they didn't record the album in a studio. Songs like Feeling This blew my mind at the drums adding cowbells and playing I Miss You with jazz brushes. Violence is cool how Tom and Mark sing together with just a bass beat and Travis smacking the hell out of his kick drum. The intro to Stockholm Syndrome is very moving and The Fallen Interlude is very down to earth. Overall the sound is wonderful. One of Blink's best. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are from the heart. blink has been waiting to release this album for this main reason. Feeling This expresses the fast and crazy part of sex and also expresses the part of love and meaning. Obvious was differnt but great the lyrics were from a broken heart and relationship. I Miss You was trying like to heal it. Violence islike the time after the make up. The lyrics in Here's Your Letter, Stockholm Syndrome and Go! are just amazing no one expected that. // 10

Overall Impression: This ablum shouldn't be compared to other albums or artist. It's Blink's own style. They came up with beautiful, meaningful music that will make you think and wonder about anything in life. They love music, they branched off into something they wanted to create and did with amazing skill. People should accept it. There isn't one thing wrong with this one of a kind album that has changed lifes. // 10

Blink 182 Reviewed by: IwishIwasADog, on february 24, 2006

Sound: Blink 182's earlier albums like chesire cat and dude ranch are fast, loud and raw with songs like carousel, josie or dammit being good examples. However there last offering shows a big difference with the addition of a wider range of intstruments and effects the album feels more artistic and deeper than their others, quiet break downs, whispered vocals and slow melody unlike anything seen on their previous records. The reason behind the change from there three chord style pop-punk maybe influenced by tension between tom and mark after the forming of boxcar racer, the same issues that forced the band to split not long after finishing touring in support of this album, but whatever it is the change is welcome to a maturer audience, but you wouldnt nessecarily play this record at a party without getting some odd looks at the hidden interlude between violence and Stockholm Syndrome. The pain and frustration in tom is recognisible with songs like Stockholm Syndrome sounding deep and emotional and down being a ballad for emo's, be it emo or not in your eyes (not in mine) but whatever you call this drastic change in Blinks style, and whatever you beleive caused it, their new sense of melody and emotion is deep and artistic to an incredible extent. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics in this album are also a mahoosive change from their old material. Rather than singing about immaturity, trouble with girls and hot girlfriends, Blinks subject matter has moved on to topics such as desperation, confusion and angst with an effect that seperates this album from their others. The lyrics are more emotional and deeper, and are sung in a way that reflects this, painful, soft and sad, melodic, mellow and deep in such a way that truly brings out the emotion in the songs. Mark and Tom work well on this record as in any other yet their syncronisation and varied tones add a layered sense to the vocals, even when sung adjacently. // 8

Overall Impression: 'Blink 182' and the bands previous work contrast noticeably and it depends more on your taste of music which style you'll prefer, and personally I find Blinks older albums enjoyable when I'm relaxed, chilled or with friends, yet 'Blink 182' reflects most moods and I find a generally better album. The album definitely boosts a lot of good songs, and my personal favourite are Go, Down, Stockholm syndrome, Violence and Easy Target, the fact that the emotion isnt displayed by the same old whiny screams and emo cries that emotion so often results in is impressive and the bands last album is deeper and more artistic than emo crap. If this album were stolen I'd definitely nick it back and give a smashing to whoever nicked it, inless it was an old woman, then I'd frown, anyway, different, deep, better album. // 9

Blink 182 Reviewed by: milo183, on april 21, 2006

Sound: In this album, Blink use more other instruments, e.g. keyboard and effects. The songs are acoustic to punk to a bit of pop. Also the songs are more meaning full and serious than earlier albums e.g. Dude Ranch. You can hear emotion in their singing (Mark and Tom) espesialy in all of this and I miss you which are both acustic songs. Travis's druming is as good as ever. In the end of Lost Without You, 2 druming solos from Travis were recored over the top of eachover making a nice effect. Tom's guitaring is a bit better and used really good effects in the song Anisphenia. Mark's bass playing is also good. // 8

Lyrics: Although Tom is not the best singer, he puts a lot of emotion in this album (I Miss You & Lost Without You) he is a lot better than earlier albums Dude Ranch and Chesire Cat. My mum was not very happy with the lyrics e.g. swear words but this adds more meaning and effect into the song, a good example of this is heres your letter, Mark sings this to great effect. So overal lyrics great but tom is not the best singer. // 9

Overall Impression: This album is definatly different to the eariler ones, from punk imiturity to punk maturity. Their earlier songs were less orginised a bit more rushy. This Blink 182 CD makes a good change but they should have a bit more of their old music in it. I like most songs in the album, Feeling This, Anesphenia, I Miss You, All Of This, Here's Your Letter ect. Ones I didn't like too much was Go and Violence. If this was stolen/lost I would probably open my piggy and buy the album Blink 182 again. // 8

Blink 182 Reviewed by: shadowrider6, on may 22, 2006

Sound: the sound of the music on Blink 182's self entitled album is alright but not as good as the sound that you would hear from an older CD or demo tape from them. It seems like this album does not have enough songs that are played only with the basic Blink 182 instruments (bass guitar, electric guitar, drums). This includes other singers, instruments, or effects. A few examples of these songs are "Violence", "The Fallen Interlude", and "Asthenia". In this album most of the guitar, bass, and drum parts were pretty basic. I have to admid that although I love Blink 182. // 5

Lyrics: I didnt think the lyrics had much meaning. The older Blink 182 albums had a lot of songs that really related to their (Tom, Mark, Scott) lives. The song lyrics on this album were'nt all that great and for the most part were very simple. One example is the song "The Fallen Interlude" in which the only lyrics are "Down, down, down, pick me up I'm falling" repeated four times. I say this about the meaning of their lyrics although there are exceptions. The song "I Miss You" was a song that combined the feelings of the people from Blink 182 and the mood of the nightmare before christmas. Although I may not have loved the lyrics of all the songs,"I Miss You" and "Feeling This" were very catchy. // 5

Overall Impression: In my oppinion, if there was a contest comparing this cd to all of the other Blink 182 cds and demos, this CD would come in last. The other Blink 182 songs showed how blink 182's musical skills slowly progressed. It seemed like Blink 182 just wanted on more album so they pushed this out, although they easily pulled off a greatest hits album which featured a lot of the old and new songs. I have got to say that the best song on this cd was "I Miss You" because they really captured the feeling of the nightmare before Christmas. I don't like the lyrics from this album. If I lost this cd I really don't thnk I would buy it again. // 5

Blink 182 Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 04, 2006

Sound: Blink 182's last album was also in my humble opinion was their best. They ventured away from there comfort zone of poppy catchy three minute songs and ventured into something different. A darker sound, which they put a lot of time and effort in. Travis Barker (drums) did some of his best drumming ever and Mark Hoppus (bass/vocals) and Tom Delonge (guitar/vocals) also were solid in this album. The Lyrics were much improved also. Here is a rundown of all 14 songs on the album. 01. Feelin This - Blink's first single, a catchy guitar riff repeted over and over. It sort of reminds you of a song someone would play before a sporting event to get pumped up. When you listen to it for the first time your like "Wait this is Blink 182?" It's much different from the songs of Enema Of The State or Take Off Your Pants and Jacket. Catchy song you can bop your head to. 02. Obvious - a dark guitar riff leads this one off. The lyrics are obviously about a cheating girlfriend. A dark song off the album, not that memorable but it helps set the tone of the album. 03. I Miss You - one of the best songs on the record right here. Now if this were say the year 2000 you would probably laugh if someone told you this was a Blink 182 song. It's slow, doesn't get fast and has some great lyrics. A nice sounding piano helps the song flow along. I Miss You is a great song and is one of Blink's biggest hits. 04. Violence - this is one of my favorite songs off the record, it's starts with Barker giving a "heart beat" beat on the drums then Delonge strumming a simple string bending riff and the song exploads and then gets quiet for the verses. It has a very catchy dark chorus, it sticks in your head and you walk around singing it. 05. Stockholm Syndrome - a heavy guitar and bass and a constant pounding on the snare hit the song off after a piano prelude with a woman talking. The song is about paranoia and Delonge's voice mixed in With Hoppus' sounds good, but it's not really a memorable track. It sort of mixed inbetween Violence and Down the next track on the record. Delonge begins with a simple strumming of one chord then Hoppus and Barker come in. Some really good drums on this song, it's another one of my favorites off the album. It has good lyrics that match the flow of the song and has Delonge singing the verses and pre chorus' and Hoppus singing the one word chorus of "Down". Good song, great drumming song. 07. The Fallen Interlude - a drum solo type song as a follow up to Down, very cool. 08. Go - a hard short fast old style Blink punk song about a broken home. It will definitally get your attention after the Fallen Interlude. It wasn't really placed well, they should have put it somewhere else in the album. 09. Asthenia - a cool spacy sounding song that starts out with a NASA transmission, I really like this one. It all flows good and you can really picture what Delonge is saying in your head. Great song. 10. Always - for a lot of people this is their favorite song off the album. But I really don't like it that much, it's probably my least favorite. Delonge gets away from the dirty distortion guitar and goes cleanish for this one. It sounds very '80's. I didn't like it much though. 11. Easy Target - starts out with a sort of drum roll on the snare then a tough guitar riff jumps in. It's a prelude to the softer "All Of This" cool song but with out all of this it wouldent be that memorable. It really wroks when it flows right into all of this. 12. All Of This - Rob Smith of the Cure comes in and helps out singing most of the vocals with Delonge chiming in every now and then. A soft easy song a parent wouldent like listining to. Nice and smooth, that's the way to describe it smooth. 13. Heres Your Letter - this is only song Hoppus takes on by himself without Delonge sining as well. It has some pretty good bass and good verses. Other then that it's an average song. Nothing really special and it's pretty forgetable. 14. I'm Lost Without You - now if Blink 182 names a song "I'm Lost Without You" it has to be a joke song right? I mean they wouldent write a slow sappy song! It must be a follow up to Toypaj's I Wanna F--k A Dog In The Ass. The dog probably ran away, and he wants it back. But no, it is a slow sapyy song. It is very repetitive and not really that great. The best part is the drum solo at the end. It sort of seems that it could be an Angels And Airwaves song. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are good. That's what they are good, they don't suck. They don't toatly kick ass. They're good, just plain good. They're not generic and go with the feel of the song and the music. Oh and they totaly blow away all of the lyrics from previous albums. The lyrics ar solid. // 9

Overall Impression: I think this is a very solid ablum. I'm gonna sum it up with three last points. Awesome drumming, I can't say enough to how good the drumming is in this album. It starts with drums and ends with drums. All the somgs sound different, every song has a different feel. A different guitar sound or bass sound. A different set up of the verses and chorus'. Different tempos, it's not all the same. No "Fillers". I could not find one filler track. On previous albums there was a "Online Songs" a "Boring" or a "Don't Leave Me". It looked like a lot of work went into every song. So that's it, If I lost this album I would definitally get another. Also if you don't like Blink 182 but have never heard this album, give it a try trust me it's way different and is really solid. // 9

Blink 182 Reviewed by: fli.pansy, on october 16, 2006

Sound: I have been listening to Blink 182 for the longest time I can remember. These are the guys that made me get into rock music, and to get a guitar. When I first heard this album, I didn't know if I liked it or not, and it was wierd because I've heard their stuff so much before and I loved it all. But the reason I didn't know, was because they have grown more into a mature band, and a more serious sound, that blink fans have never heard of. It took me a while to get used to, but after listening throughout the album about twice, I got hooked on it, and all I did for the next two and a half years, was worship this album. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics on this album is a lot different than their other ones. It has more deeper meanings and the vocals are stronger. I loved how Tom got to sing more in this album, because I am addicted to his voice. I also love how they put Toms voice and Marks voice together in such songs as Feeling This, and Violence. A big improvement on this album is that the topics they talk about are a lot more serious, and painful than the last few records. Even though there are lyrics that has a low vibe to it, the guitar and drums will bring them back up to the sky. // 9

Overall Impression: I just love this album hands down. The lyrics are powerful, and none of the songs have any corny, cheap romance type of songs. They are all about true love, feeling alone, missing someone, or any negative feelings, but without making it sound emo. Another reason why I love this album so much, is because it has powerful guitars, killer vocals, and mind blowing drums. If this album was lost or stolen, I would buy two more incase something like that happens again. I am not giving this album a perfect score, because I don't believe there is a such thing as a "perfect album", but if there was, this would be on that list. // 9

Blink 182 Reviewed by: Tster, on march 26, 2007

Sound: The most matured Blink 182 album yet and oh my God is it good! There are either slow emotional songs like 'I Miss You' or 'I'm Lost Without You' and cool fast songs like 'Go' or 'Here's Your Letter' and sometimes a bit of a mix between those two styles like 'Obvious' (really good) and 'Violence' don't worry if you don't like one those styles cause Blink 182 will make you like em' they are that good. This was their last album before they split up and they did a really good job. Defiantly worth your money. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are the most matured Blink 182 has ever had. Yet still they rock so hard! Every line is a keeper. If you would like more matured lyrics than their previous albums this is so for you and if you're already a fan this is also for you. The put their time and effort into this and it really does show it draws you into the song and their skills as a singer is amazing Tom and Mark sound so good on this album. I really wish they made one more before they broke up. // 10

Overall Impression: One of the best CD's and bands of all time. Blink 182 again raised the bar way higher than before. I'm not sure if anyone can even reach their height. Every song is impressive except 'The Fallen Interlude' I just hate interludes on a CD but that's just me; maybe not you. I love everything about it, the riffs the singing the way they put it all together the tone it's all exceptional. I would buy this album for more than I brought for last time if it was stolen or lost. It's really that good. Blink 182 rules and will for ever be. They are still my favorite band and I can't see anyone good enough to take them on. Tom, Mark, Travis you guys rule. // 10

Blink 182 Reviewed by: actaderock, on july 27, 2009

Sound: First of all, it is important to say that this album made history, this was the first album by one of the 4 most important bands of pop punk to change toward alternative rock (Green Day with American Idiot, Sum41 with Underclass Hero and The Offsrping with Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace). This album and American Idiot where awsome albums, but this is when pop punk started being bad, but this self titled is more punk/less pop than American Idiot, Underclass Hero and Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace. // 7

Lyrics: This is the best album by Blink 182 lyricwise, I miss You is really impressive. Their songs don't just create ambients, but their songs that are really solid and good fitten together which are I Miss You, Obvious and Always. Mark is the same as always, repetitive might say some, but really good for my taste. This is the first Tom DeLonge used the AVA style (which is what we call it today) which is singing with a depresed and mellow voice, but there are exceptions such as Feeling This. // 9

Overall Impression: This is a really good album, compares to American Idiot I would say it would be in the top 20 albums of the decade. I Miss You, Always, Go, Feeling This and I'm Lost Without You are really impressive songs. What I hate about this album is that it was the spark that ignited new boring pop punk (but being a kickass album) and the start of the AVA voice. Asthenia and Violence are really bad. I wouldn't buy it again if stolen or lost. // 7

Blink 182 Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 10, 2011

Sound: I think the thing that makes Blink 182 special is there raw sound. There charm has always been that the records sound like just 3 guys having fun, which is why I think we all fell in love with them in the first place. However this album is a lot darker, yet they manage to still portray there classic sound. The album takes the band in a new direction and personally I think it rocks. // 8

Lyrics: The easiest way to do this is to break down in turn each song: 01. Feeling This: The song is to put it bluntly about "sex", with Tom tackling the physical side and Mark the romantic side. Possibly my fave track on the album. There contrasting vocals rock and the harmonies at the end are beautiful. 02. Obvious: Personally I don't rate this song, It's not catchy and the chorus sucks to be honest. Tom's vocals save this song completely. 03. I Miss You: The song we all know and love. It's acoustic warm charm brings a smile to everyone's face. We all know the lyrics and can't help but sing along. 04. Violence: The oddest Blink song I've ever heard, it's just so different and so catchy. Great song. 05. Stockholm Syndrome: Great song, great lyrics. When Mark sing's "I'm crippled from exhaustion" I can't help but get Goosebumps. 06. Down: This song is just ok. The lyrics are nothing special, except from the awesome moment when Tom whispers "this can't be the end". 07. The Fallen Interlude: Doesn't really have many lyrics, but great piece of music. 08. Go: Fast paced, upbeat and jolty. Mark does the vocals so well. It's less than two minutes long, yet one of the best Blink songs I've ever heard. Brilliant. 09. Asthenia: Another ok song, has about a minute of nothingness at the start, lyrics are ok in places. 10. Always: This song has amazing lyrics, it's slower paced but when Tom says "I've been here before a few times, and I'm quite aware we're dying" you can tell it's a song that means something. 11. Easy Target: This is another good song on the album, it does not rival songs like Go, Feeling this and Not Now, but it still rocks! 12. All Of This: With the Cure's Robert Smith doing the Vocals on the Verse's this song is obviously going to be unlike typical Blink, but in a good way, another great song. 13. Here's Your Letter: In my opinion this is probably the second worst song on the album. (Worst being Obvious). Although in saying this, the lyrics aren't half bad. 14. I'm Lost Without You: A good song, the lyrics are heartfelt and mean something. 15. Not Now: Might be the final song on the album but it seems they are determined to go out with a bang, this song rocks the guitar riff is brilliant, the lyrics are clever and this song helps us remember why we all fell in love with Blink 182 in the first place! // 9

Overall Impression: It's hard to compare it to Blink's previous albums as it is so different. Its good at what it's trying to be, its is worth listening to and song's like Feeling This, Go and Not Now make it a great piece of music, despite having a couple of songs that are a let down. // 8

Blink 182 Reviewed by: blamesociety182, on december 18, 2012

Sound: Overall I think this album is when they started to stray from their original sound I liked it a lot - I just didn't like all the different experimental sounds. Here's my opinions on each of the songs 1. "Feeling This": very good song. One of my favorites on the record. Only part I didn't really like is the part with tom screaming after the second chorus. 2. "Obvious": good follow up for "Feeling This". Not as strong of a song though. I liked the heavier guitar riff however. 3. "I Miss You": definitely of the defining tracks on the album. Very good acoustic song and I personally can't stand acoustics very sad and deep meaning. 4. "Violence": not a bad song however could definitely use more instrumentals in the verses because the snapping and maracas are annoying. 5. "Stockholm Syndrome": best song on album! Should be on greatest hits without a doubt. I love the distortion used on the guitars and I love playing this song with my band. 6. "Down": kinda overrated. Still a good song just it could have been better. Very sober and serious song unlike most of Blink's other songs. 7. "The Fallen Interlude": personally I hate this song. They could have done a way better filler song. 8. "Go": way better filler then previous track. Could have been longer though. 9. "Asthenia": another song that should be on the Greatest Hits. A song a lot of people can relate to. 10. "Always": very good but sad song. Very good bass line and drums sound wicked good. Barker really went out of his comfort zone on this one. 11. "Easy Target": an ok song. Could have been better and longer. Has a really good chorus. 12. "All Of This": another average song. I'm not a huge acoustic fan so its hard for me to like it plus I don't like the other guys voice too much. 13. "Here's Your Letter": the third song that should be on the Greatest Hits. Has awesome lyrics and a really good guitar riff. 14. "I'm Lost Without You": this song means a ton to me. It's me and my girlfriends relationship song. I can't think of a better song for it. Guitar distortion is definitely a different sound for blink but it definitely fits them more than well. The drum solo for an outro makes a case for Travis to be the greatest drummer of all time. // 8

Lyrics: Lyrics were deeper that most other albums. They also were much more mature was a good and bad thing. Immature blink is what they're always going to be what they're best known for. But it also shows they can mature. Tom and mark both have very good voices on it. I also like how they use distortion on vocals on the songs "Violence" and "Stockholm Syndrome". One of they're better albums lyrically and the tones of their voices. I wish they had mixed it up and added a few humorous songs like they did on "Enema Of The State" and "Take Off Your Pants And Jacket". // 8

Overall Impression: Very good. Not my favorite album by them but still an amazing album. It could have had more immature songs. I also dislike all the experimental crap but I love the songs. "Stockholm Syndrome" is one of Blink's best over all songs. "I'm Lost Without You" will always have a place in my heart. "I Miss You" is the first Blink-182 bass line I learned and I love to play it. "Feeling This" is one of the songs that really got me into Blink. "Here's Your Letter" and "Asthenia" deserve more credit then what they get. Both have deep meanings and most people can relate to them. Overall a very good album.

// 8