Greatest Hits Review

blink 182: Greatest Hits
Release Date: Nov 1, 2005
Label: Geffen
Genres: Punk Revival, Punk-Pop, Post-Grunge
The band did set the standard for pop-punk's commercialization at the turn of the millennium, and not only were they better than the sound-alikes that followed, they did have some good tunes, all of which are best heard on this intermittently entertaining collection.
 Lyrics: 8.7
 8.7
 8.8
 8.5
Greatest Hits Reviewed by: bassman182, on november 01, 2005

Sound: Well this is all the Greatest Hits on one album so it must sound good. Right? Correct! It is a suprisingly good album cos even though I am a huge Blink fan I wasn't too pleased with my first impressions of the Greatest Hits. All in all it has 17 tracks from "Cheshire Cat," "Dude Ranch," "Enema Of The State," "Take Off Your Pants And Jacket," "Blink 182" and more! Also, if you are lucky enough (or unlucky depending on your point of veiw) to live in good ol' England or the rest of the UK, they were lovely enough to give us 2 extra bonus tracks which were "I Won't Be Home For Christmas" and "Go (BBC Radio 1 Session)" which are both preety cool in their own right but remember all you non-UK ers (if there's such a word) that you only get 17 tacks apposed to our 19! I think they've either remixed some of the songs such as "Dammit" 'cause they sound different from the album version bt it might just be the singles that are on there which is probably the case but all in all the sound is really good and the new track "Another Girl Another Planet" is awesome man! // 9

Lyrics: Well, in this album there is 2 types of Blink! The "immature side" which is great if you are into the more up-beat pop-punk type music which they are so 'infamous' for if I do say so my self! Tracks like the opener "Carousel," "Dammit," "Adam's Song," "Stay Together For The Kids," "I Miss You" all have true, emotional, exceptional lyrics which anybody with as life could compare to really. Well lets face it, their not the best song writers in the world but what they do, do is excelent for the genre in its own right! All good stuff! // 8

Overall Impression: If you have all the albums from "Cheshire Cat" to "Blink 182" then really, there's not much point in getting this but if you are a hardcore blink-182 fan like moi here and want it to complete your collection then go ahead! There are 2 or 3 really good bonus tracks on here for you as well and it's great to have all of their "Greatest Hits" on one CD rather then you go on one album and play a song or something! The most impressive songs on the album are obviously the classics such as "Dammit" which sounds amazing on the "Greatest Hits" album, "All The Small Things" of course one of the greatest songs of all time imo (no joke), "What's My Age Again," "First Date" a personal favourite, "Always," and the bonus track "Another Girl Another Planet." Those are my favourite songs really but don't get me wrong all the songs on this album are definitley Blink 182 at their very best! Things I love about this album are you get all the great blink songs on one CD, the bonus tracks are really cool and great fun and it keeps us blink fans going untill the realeses of the "Angels And Airwaves" and "Plus 44" records coming out next year! But thing are they could have put some more of the classic singles on here such as "Wasting Time," "Apple Shampoo," "Story Of A Lonely Guy" etc. to boost the track listings and this is unfortunatly a manufactured piece of excellense but all in all this album rocks! // 9

Greatest Hits Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 02, 2005

Sound: As the album progresses it clear to hear how much Blink 182 have developed from a trio of fun loving punk kids to a slightly more mature trio of fun loving punk, may they rest in peace anyway. I've always loved the bass riff on "Carousel" and as for Tom DeLonge guitar playing the amount of amazing openings hes made with the barre chord, like "What's My Age Again," "Adam's Song" and the undeniable "Stay Together For The Kids." And from track 5 Travis Barker era (as in ever since) of drums is possibly the main factor of Blink's improvement "a good band with a bad drum is a bad band" but a band with Travis Barker is un-f--king-stoppable. // 9

Lyrics: I must admit I prefer Mark's voice to Tom's but they both write songs that can make you laugh, cry from laughter or just cry. Lyrics such as "My love life was getting so bland, There are only so many ways I can make love with my hand" from the days of if its funny and they can find a riff for it it'll be on an album, but 1997 Dude Ranch album even then showed the band where going to be huge with there hit "Damnit" lyrically every dumbed guy will relate to. And "What's My Age Again" with some awesome lyrics questioning why should we grow up and be serious. while the hard hitting "Stay Together For The Kids" is the obvious tear jerker along with "I Miss You." The self-titled "Blink 182" has 4 or 5 songs slapped on which may be one more than needed but with the rare "Man Overboard" and the hilarious "I Won't Be Home For Christmas" it's all good. // 9

Overall Impression: I personally love the album, almost every song has played a part in my life good or bad. there quick wit clearly makes then the funniest band in punk rock (second being bowling for soup). The best track from the album would have to be the last song they ever recorded as a group "Another Girl Another Planet" although to read about Tom having to record that against his will does chip away at its greatness a little. If I had to think really hard about what makes this album far from perfect I'd have to say its to short and doesn't have enough non single hits like "Here's Your Letter," "Aliens Exist," "Shut Up," "Online Songs," "What Went Wrong," "Reckloss Abandon," "Dumpweed" and "Untitled" (from Dude Ranch) those were all tunes that held there own. If your a punk fan, a Blink fan, got ears or your just not deaf this is a must have. Deffinently a good party album. // 10

Greatest Hits Reviewed by: sonoffire, on november 14, 2005

Sound: Greatest Hit albums always offer a list of the best tracks by an artist, which have been souped up in almost every way. This is the same in the case of Blink 182's Greatest Hits album. The sound is clear, crisp, and loud, which proves this album had much thought go into it. // 9

Lyrics: Blink 182 is known world-wide for their outspoken and concise songs. The lyrics in Greatest Hits, being taken from their many other great albums, make this one album all the better. From the minute I crammed my headphones on my ears, I was overwhelmed by the great selection of songs Blink 182 decided to include on their final album. // 9

Overall Impression: Oh my flippin God! If Blink 182 weren't cutting their ties with each other, I would walk out and buy their next CD the minute it hit the shelf. Not only does Greatest Hits include the best songs performed by Blink 182, it also bring a slight tear to your eye knowing there will never be a new album by these awesome artists. Good-bye, Blink 182! We'll miss you! // 10

Greatest Hits Reviewed by: matster, on november 29, 2005

Sound: All the songs have that great punk sound to it as well as some sod beginings to the song. It's just really great to listen to because when I'm not feelin well that always cheers me up. All my mates have now got it and a lot of them think there new realese 'Not Now' is a great song and the video is also great! // 9

Lyrics: All the lyrics are made as if it's a real thing or something that has happend to them and it all makes sence. A few songs have explicit language in but overall it doesn't matter if there are bad words, the other lyrics make it sound great. // 9

Overall Impression: Yes it does compare to the other albums because its got all the great songs such ar 'Whats My Age Again', 'Rock Show' and 'All The Small Things' and many other well known songs as well as there new song. I love the lyrics. It would be great for ang punk rock fans. If it were stolen I'd go to the shop and get a new copy of Blink 182's Geatest Hits. // 9

Greatest Hits Reviewed by: guitarista_727, on december 23, 2005

Sound: Well, let's see. 'Greatest Hits' means greatest hits. We get Scott Raynor in drums in the early years of Blink 182's career and this guy's good. I heard 'M&M's' and 'Josie' and they kick ass. I don't want to talk about it, but blink 182 replaced Scott with Travis Barker, which I consider an upgrade for the band's music. You can clearly hear it starting from their 'Enema of the State' part of the album. Tom Delonge and Mark Hoppus brings out the best in their field of music with their own instruments. Their rhythm is catchy and if you're a big fan of fast paced music, this is the perfect album for you. // 10

Lyrics: Typical Blink 182 songs are more about girls, mixed with some obscene lyrics. Of course, Tom and Mark has excelled in the vocal field of their career and has done really well. The blend of Tom's kinda high pitch voice with Mark's low pitch voice is really good. But one thing that caught my attention in this album is their unreleased song 'Not Now.' I was listening to it and from what I hear, it's like a typical Blink 182 music. But when I listened to the lyrics, I felt that there is an awakening in the band and they wrote a song about death, how God has it all planned out and the rest. It really touched me. // 9

Overall Impression: The Good and the Bad about a band's Greatest Hits: the good part is all their good songs are compiled in one album. If you're lucky, they get in songs they haven't previously released, like 'Not Now', which is my favorite song in this CD. The only bad part about it is that chances are slim that we will hear them perform together again, which I know will be the greatest disappointment on all of the Blink 182. // 10

Greatest Hits Reviewed by: derek5, on april 24, 2006

Sound: Since this is a Greatest Hits CD, all Blink's best songs are on it. I believe that all the songs have been re-recorded with Travis, so they sound alot smoother and richer. Of course, certain songs still sound the best in their original form. Personaly, I love the version of Carousel on Buddha better than I like it on Greatest Hits or Cheshire Cat. // 10

Lyrics: Basicly, the lyrics range from serious (Adam's Song, Stay Together For The Kids), to funny (All The Small Things), to stupid (M&Ms). Both Tom and Mark sing, and think both of them are great singers. I think that their lyrics could be cleaned up a little, but otherwise I found nothing wrong with this album lyricly. // 10

Overall Impression: This is not Blink 182's best CD (go out and buy Enema Of The State or Dude Ranch), but it's rather a collection of hit radio songs over the years. If I lost this album, I'd definetly buy it again. Here's what I think of the songs 01. Carousel - this song was first featured on the Buddha demo back in 1994. It was enlongated and made less punk for 1994's Cheshire Cat. I think this is an excellent if pointless song. 02. M&M's - first heard on Cheshire Cat, this song is too stupid to make it any good, but it doesn't really matter. 03. Dammit - exellent song with great guitar intro. Comes from 1997's Dude Ranch. This was also the band's first video. 04. Josie - this is the other single off Dude Ranch. It's an okay song but gets pretty annoying if you listen to it too much. 05. What's My Age Again - this was the song that rocketed Blink 182 into stardom. It was featured on Enema Of The State. It was also (according to Blink 182's web site) the first song they recorded with Travis after they dumped Scott Raynor. 06. All The Small Things - this was the best possible song to prove that Blink 182 was more than just a one hit wonder. I got into Blink 182 for this song and now I have all their albums. 07. Adam's Song - this song was the bands first serious song, about teenage suicide. I love this song and it was the first song I learned how to play myself. Of the Enema Of The State album. 08. Man Overboard - there have been rumors that this song is about Scott Raynor, although the band denies it. Great song and bass intro. 09. The Rock Show - the first single off of Take Off Your Pants And Jacket, it is a funny song about love with great riffs and choruses. 10. First Date - another funny song about love, and arguably the funniest video of all time. From T.O.Y.P.A.J. 11. Stay Together For The Kids - a touching song about divorce based on Tom's life as a young boy. Awesome guitar intro. 12. I Miss You - great song, again about love, but less funny. First single off of their untitled album. 13. Feeling This - I bought their untitled album the day I heard this song I loved it so much. I talks about the fast (verse) and soft (chorus) parts of sex. 14. Down - awesome song, however the video didn't make much sense. Too bad I guess. 15. Always - great song and the last video off of the untitled album. It was a much better video than Down and ensured they would go out with a bang. 16. Not Now - a beautiful song, previosly unrealeased. They made a hit video which included clips from all their other videos. The last video probably ever by Blink 182. 17. Another Girl Another Planet - this is the theme song from the reality TV show Meet The Barkers. An okay song with a catchy beat. // 8

Greatest Hits Reviewed by: 360ollie, on may 12, 2006

Sound: Blink 182 are a really good punk band. They are one of my favourite bands of all time. Although they have unfortunatly split up. The best songs on this great album are Rock Show, Adams Song, First Date, All The Small Things and the classic What's My Age Again. There were 3 members of blink 182 they were; Tom (guitar and vocals) Mark (bass and vocals) and Travis (drums) Most of the time the music is very fast like Rock Show. But sometimes it's slower like Stay Together For The Kids. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are very very funny. Blink 182 have both Mark and Tom singing so that helps with the effect. They are both very very talented. They sing about all sorts of things from girls dumping them, from prom dates to something a lot ruder. // 10

Overall Impression: Compared to other punk heroes Blink 182 are up there with the likes of Green Day and the legendary Sex Pistols. The best songs are Rock Show, First Date, All The Small Things, I Miss You, What's My Age Again, Adams Song, Not Now and Roller Coaster. I recommend you go out and buy it, because it has all there best tracks (hence greatest hits). If I lost it I would definately buy it again even though I have them all on my iPod. // 10

Greatest Hits Reviewed by: dooda, on september 18, 2006

Sound: Once you have listened to Blink 182's Greatest Hits from one end to the other, you realize how much their sound has changed. At the start of their career they were probably a bit more punkish but as the songs go on you realize that their sound changes quite a bit and that's how they bcame the pop-punk band we know today. But all in all, it sounded great. // 9

Lyrics: Blink 182's lyrics is probably where the band is most talented. In my opinion, "Adam's Song" is probably their best song lyrically. "Man Overboard" sounds like it is a song about former drummer Scott Raynor. As the band matured so did their lyrics, in the first few songs the songs were about high school and sex, while as the CD went it became more about their personal lives and love. // 9

Overall Impression: Dammit, Feeling This, All The SAmall Things, M+M's and What's My Age Again are my picks. Really though, there are no songs I hate on this album. Tom DeLonge might not be the most talented guitarist in the world but he did make some very catchy riffs such as Dammit and The Rock Show and without Blink 182 which I'm sure not many others would have thought of. A lot of young bands would not even bother playing if it weren't for Tom DeLonge, Mark Hoppus and Travis Barker. Let's all hope that they do the sensible thing and get back together. // 9

Greatest Hits Reviewed by: Spade_SanosukeX, on december 28, 2005

Sound: The band is very good with their style of music. The story behind the album is probably to compile all the stuff the band ever did which were the fans favorites since the band broke up. I think that they were actually goin for a punk rock type sound and honestly they achieved it. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are amazing and they totally fit with the songs. Some of the lyrics are really cool and sometimes funny at points. Tom and Mark are really good musicians in my opinion and they sing very well. // 10

Overall Impression: I can compare it to alot of artists like Bad Religion for the style of music. I like Adams Song, Dammit, Man Overboard (which was the song they made when they thought they were gonna break up for the first time), All The Small Things, Whats My Age Again, The Rock Show, basically I might aswell say every song. I love everything about this album except the fact that I didnt get the limited edition CD+DVD one but I bought the DVD so I'm happy (I'm just missing some extra stuff but its still alright), If it were stolen Id beat up the person who took it and if it were lost I'd buy it again for sure. // 10

Greatest Hits Reviewed by: LettersTwoGod, on february 10, 2006

Sound: This album was made after they broke everyone's hearts by breaking up and starting other new things. In some of the songs they have the two voices of Tom Delonge and Mark Hoppus fit perfectly together. They have some pretty cool guitar effects and drum rolls and drum beats. They also have some voice effects. // 6

Lyrics: As you know childish Blink 182 was always talking about teenage love and other funny things. The lyrics can be pretty meaningful like the Adam's Song. Blink 182 does a good job of making the lyrics go perfectly with the intruments. I idol Tom DeLonge and Mark Hoppus because of their really cool voices. All in all the lyrics are prefectly fit with the instruments. // 7

Overall Impression: Blink 182, as all you fans know, have many great songs. This album has pretty much all of their main songs that became videos. I would have to say that the songs that stand out are Not Now, First Date, What's My Age Again, and probably Feeling This. I love all of the songs on the album. The only problem is that they have so many good songs that they left out some really awesome songs from this album. If I lost this album I would definately buy another one. // 8

Greatest Hits Reviewed by: ST. DIZZY!, on march 17, 2006

Sound: This band was the start of pop-punk and really made an impression with their albums like Enema Of The State which went multi-platinum! Their songs have been worshiped by the public but like every band they break up sooner or later so here is their greatest hits on one album! The sound changes from earlier songs, which are more punk than pop, to later ones, which are more pop than punk, but all the songs on this album are great! Blink have changed alot since their first album by adding more effects into their music and using guitar effects. They have also made two new songs which are fantastic and they pull off producing one of the new songs! // 10

Lyrics: Blink lyrics are probably one of the most catchiest lyrics of any band, you can get one of their songs stuck in your head for a long time trust me! The lyrics are alot like the music because when they want to make a sad song they will write music and lyrics that are sad and you can clearly hear this! Their singing has improved alot since their first album but the singing is really good now! // 10

Overall Impression: Other artists may have brilliant solos and great riffs but blink stand out with their simple but great sounding music which most people dont like but I think this is really cool! The most impressive songs are Adam's Song, Feeling This, Not Now (the new song) and Man Overboard! I think blink is the best band ever so I love the whole album and honestly there is not one thing I dont like on this album! If I ever lost it (yeah right) I would definetly buy it again! // 10

Greatest Hits Reviewed by: flurgon, on april 08, 2006

Sound: The sound of this album is very good, all the songs sound slightly similar but there all very good (mind you it is thier Greatest Hits). There isn't really story attached to the album, but nearly all the songs are about girls. It is a typical punk album but it is also one of those albums that you can sit and listen to every song. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics are good they can make things rhyme but still have it make some sense (in M&Ms Mark makes the words bath and laugh rhyme). They can harmonise well and they can change they way they sing when the music changes which gives it a good contrast. // 9

Overall Impression: I think this album is simalar to Green Day's Dookie album because of the fast punk songs. The most impressive songs on the album for me are What's My Age Again? and Another Girl, Another Planet. I love the fact that they made a Greatest Hits album at all but I dont like that they didn't put Mutt on the album. If it were lost or stolen I probably wouldn't buy another copy. // 8

Greatest Hits Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 10, 2006

Sound: This CD downright sucked! I own Enema Of The State, The Mark, Tom, and Travis Show, and Take Off Your Pants And Jacket. Those cds are amazing and show Blink 182's true skill. I bought this album to see if the band had any other really great songs, but most of the crap on this "Greatest Hits" CD sounds like emo. I hate to complain so much, but this CD just did not sound good at all. // 4

Lyrics: The lyrics are basically the complaints of a group of sissy emo kids. Now, yes, there are a few really good punk songs on this album, (such as "What's My Age Again?", "All the Small Things", "Adam's Song", and "Stay Together For the Kids") and "Feeling This" is good even if it's a little emo, but the rest of the songs are so bad, I'm offended to have to hear them. I mean, come on! "Hello there, the angel from my nightmare", what the heck? // 1

Overall Impression: This album is strictly for the hardcore Blink fans and the emo fanatics. Like I wrote before, the best songs are "Adam's Song", Feeling This", and "Stay Together For the Kids". I love the fact that Blink-182 put 17 of their "greatest" songs on one cd, but I hate the fact that these songs are, well, bad. If it were stolen, no way would I buy it again. If you want a good Blink CD, get Enema Of The State. That is an awesome CD. // 2

Greatest Hits Reviewed by: boyan89, on june 27, 2006

Sound: The sound on this album is actually really amazing. Tom Dologne is probably one of the best punk rock guitarist's out there today, his guitar isnt the one you would expect from Green Day but with more distortion and better solos. Mark is an awesome bassist especially in songs like Man Overboard that is a sweet bass intro and the bass in First Date during the verses is awesome. Travis is an awesome drummer. He is probably the best drummer in punk-rock, well actually he is tied with Tre Cool (in my opinion). // 10

Lyrics: Tom and Mark will always be one of the best songwriters in the history of rock and punk. They can write about girls but then they will do their songs in a fast paced way unlike some bands that will do it all soft even though Blink 182 do have some soft songs. // 10

Overall Impression: This album cannot compare to any other artists because I think Blink182 have their own way of doing punk rock. The most impressive songs are Man Overboard, First Date, Stay Together For The Kids, Not Now, Another Girl, Another Planet, M&Ms, Dammit, All The Small Things, Down and Adams Song. If you are looking for a punk album get this one, you will be blown away with it. // 10

Greatest Hits Reviewed by: Bozjoarmstrong, on june 29, 2006

Sound: The bands sound though sometimes repetetive is a mix of classic punk, metal and hard rock sound. There really are some great pieces of guitarwork and production on this album and the drumming from Barker is top notch as ever. Throwing in a softer song like I Miss You shows how much the band have moved on. The sound of DeLonges voice has the power and emotion to either make you cry or make you jump for joy which is greatly impressive. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics to songs like Whats my Age Again are very funny and get a 10/10 for me but there are some more meaningful lyrics aswell like in I Miss You and Always. They have always had the ability to create a moving ballad or comedy classic hit within their songwriting which makes a truly great songwriting band. Delonges voice has always been critiscised for not being very skilled but you can always feel his emotion and at least you always know when you hear a Blink 182 song. // 10

Overall Impression: If someone stole this album I would take it and make them listen to track 4 Josie repeatedly for an hour, that would show 'em. // 9

Greatest Hits Reviewed by: AVA_182_44, on september 02, 2006

Sound: I loved Blink 182, they were my favorite band, and now, they have "Blink 182: Greatest Hits" as a farewell album. This is a great album, but it sucks that they've broken up. Anyway, this album has Blink 182's best songs from all their albums. This is a really cool CD, 15 tracks + 2 previously unreleased tracks, "Not Now" and "Another Girl, Another Planet" The two songs have the same sound from Blink 182's previous, self titled album, but I bet this would of have been an amazing album if they went throught with it. I still can't believe they've broken up, I'm going to miss them a lot. // 9

Lyrics: The beginning tracks (Blink's earlier stuff) doesn't fit with the song at all. But after "Dude Ranch" they got a better hold on the lyrics, and turned out to be really, really good. All the songs go really good with the music, with Tom and Mark's great vocals. // 8

Overall Impression: I love this album, I would love it more though if it never ended. This album is irreplacable with another artist or group. My favorite songs are "Dammit" "Adam's Song" "Man Overboard" "Stay Together For This Kids" "Not Now" "Another Girl, Another Planet" "Down" and "Always," all a great bunch of amazing songs. This is a really good album, I love it, I've had it for months now, and it never gets old. You won't regret buying it. // 10

Greatest Hits Reviewed by: kfong03, on september 20, 2006

Sound: Being a punk rock lover, I grew up listening to Green Day mostly, but then I've heard of Blink 182 as an equally good punk band, so when I've decided to try them, I found that they were already dis-banded, so I decided to get a general sound of them by buying their geatest hits. Though they sing and play like typical punk bands, Blink 182 promotes some unique drum patterns, and the guitaring is really good, most of their songs may not be as good as Green Day and Nirvana, but they certainly wrote some great stuff like "What's My Age Again", "First Date" and so on, really good tunes, though the singing is average. // 9

Lyrics: Like most bands in this genre, blink talks about masterbation, sex and girls, but out of all the bands I've listened to, Blink 182 is certainly the most funny, and I find myself giggling or laughing to their lyrics sometimes, they're not really great literature, but who cares? It's funny and entertaining and so it's recommended if you like humour with a few perverted bits in it. // 9

Overall Impression: Great album that will be a briliant introduction to would be Blink 182 fans like me, but I think if you're a hardcore blink fan, this will also be a nice way to compliment your collection, this album is good enough to rival American Idiot, Ocean Avenue, Nevermind and so on, if it were stolen, a not-really-hardcore Blink fan like me would try and buy another copy of it. // 8

Greatest Hits Reviewed by: Tster, on march 12, 2007

Sound: If your like me you want this straight to the point so here we go. The tracks come from all their CD's. Every CD they put out has their own sound mixed with the Blink 182 sound. Which is great meaning you'll never get bored of it. The tracks are all their better tracks even though they made so many good songs it's hard to say it's their better songs just really what became a video hit is on it. As you go through all the songs later on in the album you will notice thier is more keyboards in the tracks which just means they style has changed slightly but they still rock. All the songs are exciting and keeps you in a great mood. Well worth the money. // 9

Lyrics: I really like the lyrics in most the tracks they have one or two of really funny lines which is great cause it keeps you in a good mood. The lyrics go to the tune of the song which is what a main thing in the music industry is strugling to deal with but they do it. They also have their serious songs e.g.: about divorce but they pull it off. // 9

Overall Impression: I guess if you have all their other albums you wouldn't really have to get it. I pratically got it for the 'collection.' Some of the stand out songs have to be Dammit, what's my Age Again, All the Small things, Adam's song, Man Overboard, First Date, Stay Together For The Kids, Feeling This, I Miss You, Down, Always and Not Now. 18 tracks including a bonus Live track. Just like all other Blink 182 albums in rockin' and diffantly worth a purchase. // 9

Greatest Hits Reviewed by: stjimmy1810, on september 03, 2007

Sound: Blink 182 has a very distinct sound to it. For some people, like me, who are listening to their music for the first time, it may sound just like noise. But after sometime of listening to it, you'll start to see the music behind all the the deafening drum beats and overwhelming power chords and the music behind the noise just rocks! a Each song is uniquely composed and played. For example, some songs like, 'Feeling This', can sound downright noisy at first. However, some songs like 'All The Small Things' are just great punk rock classics and songs like 'I Miss you' gently move you. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics, mostly about love, are great. They have incorporated some innovative lyrics into their songs that makes the song great and amazing. It is just simply indescribable. True punk rock. The singers rock! Tom sings with such a unique voice that no other singer can imitate him and Mark has a sometimes sad, or happy tone in his voice that just makes him another great singer. // 9

Overall Impression: Compared to other artists, this album/band rocks! Their style of music is original, nothing compared to the other artists and nothing you've ever heard of before. Some of the songs from the album that will immediately capture your attention are songs like All The Small Things, I Miss You, The Rock Show and Dammit. The songs are unique in every possible way and Each song is a great song in it's own way. If I loss this album or it gets stolen, I would most definitely buy it again, and maybe more of their records. Blink 182 rocks! // 9

Greatest Hits Reviewed by: dewdadrew, on november 10, 2007

Sound: The greatest hits CD is supposed to haev the best of the best, right? Well, Blink did'nt make this compilation themselves, the record companie picked out the list. If Blink made the track selection, I think that it would have differed. All in all, it contains a mixture of the good ol' days, and the newer ol' days. Carousel, Dammit, Josie, All The Small Things, What's My Age Again?, Adams Song, are all older songs that made the cut. They contain the upbeat styles that brought attention to Blink and got them in the buisness. The newer more songs with more feeling in them, although I think tom tried to hard to make them heart felt. All in all, he still had some of the old tom in him. The songs include Man Overboard, The Rock Show, First Date, Stay Together For The Kids, Feeling This, I Miss You, Down, and Always. The included two new tracks that were not previosly released. Not Now and Another Girl Another Planet. There is a mixture of styles. They probably have some of the best musically made music on the greatest hits, but not the best overall. I love blink, so I love all their music. // 8

Lyrics: This is yet again a mixture of lyrics. They have lyrics about the perfect girlfriend, to having sex. This album has it all, alittle bit of flair, and a little edge, and a little rowdyness. Tom and mark both sing to the best in these albums. I think time to break up has some of the best lyrics, and should have been included. // 9

Overall Impression: Being the greatest hits album, it has the best of the albums so it can't really compare to the other albums, but they said it was a change and kept them interested in their music, so have to respect them for the changes in the newer music. It creates a nice blend of the old with the new. // 9

Greatest Hits Reviewed by: sixwingmortal, on july 07, 2008

Sound: Good ol' Blink 182. Great punk music. This album brings you back to the '90s. Greatest Hits shows you the simple yet fun power chords. The sound alone makes you want to just jump around, party, and rock out. Blink 182's songs vary, bringing you back to "Cheshire Cat" and "Blink 182". Each song can give you entertainment all the way through to good emotional value. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics aren't the best part of Blink 182, but some of them sure can be funny. "What's My Age Again?" I took her out, it was a Friday night. I wore cologne to get the feeling right. We started making out and she took off my pants. But then I turned on the TV. Greatest includes little stories within their songs that some people can relate to as well. Blink 182 also does a good job on choosing which vocalist to use, Tom DeLonge or Mark Hoppus. Each singer has their own unique voice. // 8

Overall Impression: blink-182 will bring you back to the '90s, reminiscing the past. Truly this is a band you wish had never of broken up. Pretty well most of the songs are great, because they are their "Greatest Hits". Of course, "What's My Age Again", "Adam's Song", "I Miss You", "Stay Together For The Kids", "All The Small Things", etc. all of them have their unique story to tell. Each one sounds different, but staying true to the blink-182 genre. Blink 182 is definitely one of those bands you can't help but love and cry for brining you back to when you were younger. // 9

More Blink 182 reviews rating latest review