Blonde On Blonde Review

artist: bob dylan date: 06/12/2006 category: compact discs
bob dylan: Blonde On Blonde
Release Date: May 16, 1966
Label: Columbia
Genres: Rock & Roll, Singer/ Songwriter, Folk-Rock, Blues-Rock, Pop/Rock, Album Rock
the culmination of Dylan's electric rock & roll period - he would never release a studio record that rocked this hard, or had such bizarre imagery, ever again.
 9.8
 9.5
review (1) 8 comments vote for this album:
Blonde On Blonde Reviewed by: Matt Montoya, on june 12, 2006

Sound: The sound and songwriting of Bob Dyaln has been described as genius. The chords flow together perfectly, and the styles range from Folk, to Rock and Blues. "Blonde On Blonde" is one of the highlights of his career, next to "Blood On The Tracks" and his critically acclaimed "The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan". In this album, Dylan plays four things, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, harmonica, and good music. This is my review. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics of Bob Dylan are poetic, with symbolism, and they are amazing. Some songs are simple, some are complex. Here Is my individual review of each song: 01. Rainy Day Woman #12 & 35 - although it tends to leave a bad first impression, the song will grow on you. The song has a twisted, up-beat feel to it. 02. Pledging My Time - a good song with great harmonica playing and a Chicago Blues feel. 03. Visions Of Johanna - a great song with good chords. 04. One Of Us Must Know (Sooner Or Later) - although not the best, this is a good song, and even though he has been criticized for it, I have been a fan of the vocals of Bob Dylan. 05. I Want You - one of the best songs on the album, with very good lyrics and some protest of the Draft going on in the '60s. 06. Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again - a good folk song and great chords. I find this song to be a good to listen to while on the road. 07. Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat - an awesome blues song with a guitar soloing. This is a good example of what it would song like if Stevie Ray Vaughan made a song in the '60s with Bob Dylan on vocals. 08. Just Like A Woman - also one of the best on the album, with good harmonica and songwriting. It has a mellow feel to it. 09. Most Likely You Go Your Way And I'll Go Mine - great chords and good lyics. 10. Temporary Like Achilles - an okay song with a more traditional folk sound. 11. Absolutely Sweet Marie - a good song, but not one of the best on the album. 12. 4th Time Around - good song and good lyrics. 13. Obviously 5 Believers - an awesome song with great backup electric guitar and harmonica. 14. Sad Eyed Lady Of The Lowlands - a good way to close the album, and the title gives an impression of what the song is like. // 10

Overall Impression: This is one of the best albums I've ever heard. It's one of the few albums that I can listen to the whole thing without getting bored. The song has something for everyone, with folk fans, people who like Blues and even people who like rock will appreciate this album. This album can best be described as a masterpiece, and although I genrally don't like to give out perfect tens, I think that this album deserves it. // 10

More Bob Dylan reviews rating latest review
+ MTV Unplugged 9.8 11/01/2013
+ Tempest 8.8 09/11/2012
+ The Original Mono Recordings 10 03/08/2011
+ Bob Dylan 8.5 07/23/2009
+ The Bootleg Series Vol. 4: Bob Dylan Live 1966, The "Royal Albert Hall" Concert 10 06/24/2009
Comments