The Best Of Bob Dylan Review

9.3
 9.2
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
The Best Of Bob Dylan Reviewed by: tesla_fan, on november 21, 2005

Sound: This is the new Bob Dylan CD that came out November 15th, one of the many best of's or greatest hits out there. This CD basically spans his whole career from the '62 classic Blowing In The Wind to 2001's Summer Days. If you are not familiar with Bob Dylan's sound he sweep picks a lot of his songs, a lot of harmonica's ussually that normal '60s sound you hear. I was never into Bob Dylan a year ago but since watched a TV documentary on him called "No Direction Home" and after seeing his contributions to the usic industry I have a new found respect for him. Where most guitar player I have seen play ussually play Slayer, Metallica (overrated), Megadeth and Green Day I am sure after you hear this CD it will open up new horizons on what kind of songs you want to know how to play. // 9

Lyrics: Lyrics? Bob Dylan is one of the greatest song writers of all time (Mr. Tambourine Man, All Along The Watchtower, Knockin' On Heaven's Door) just to name a few. Very hearfelt lyrics, Bob is one of those people who says whats on his mind. He's political, funny (Rainy Day Woman #12 & 35) and just overall one of the greatests, although he does not have the greatest voice you'll ever hear. Bob said one time " All you need is two chords and the truth." // 10

Overall Impression: I like this CD, although I think it is missing out on a couple songs (it ain't me, positively fourth street, and Masters Of War). Personally my fav's on this CD are Knockin On Heaven's door and Like A Rolling Stone which is arguably the best rock and roll song of all time (not just my opinion). Overall I think this was a good buy if you are into the new or the old Bob Dylan because like I say it spans his whole career. I prefer the older Bob Dylan, any ways enjoy. Also check out Greatest Hits Vol. 1 and Highway '61 Revisited. // 9

More Bob Dylan reviews rating latest review
+ MTV Unplugged 8.9 11/01/2013
+ Tempest 8.7 09/11/2012
+ The Original Mono Recordings 9.5 03/08/2011
+ Bob Dylan 8.3 07/23/2009
+ The Bootleg Series Vol. 4: Bob Dylan Live 1966, The "Royal Albert Hall" Concert 9.1 06/24/2009
Comments