Crush Review

7.7
 7.1
 8.3
Crush Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 23, 2004

Sound: Once again, Richie Sambora excellently demonstrates his abilities as a lead guitarist. Yeah, some of the solos really aren't all that complicated, but hey, they're still solos, and they're still cool. All the guitar riffs sound awesome too. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics on this album aren't as sappy as earlier Bon Jovi studio offerings. Therefore, I liked them a lot better. Jon Bon Jovi and the guys are excellent singers. The vocals and lyrics fit in just fine with the music. // 10

Overall Impression: This was the first CD I bought that I actually enjoyed listening to all the way through. It's some really great stuff. I like all the songs on this album a lot, but my favorites are It's My Life, Thank You For Loving Me, Two Story Town, Next 100 Years, Just Older, One Wild Night, and Mystery Train. That's a lot o' songs. I would not be a very happy individual if I lost this album or if it got stolen, so yeah, I'd get it again. Bon Jovi forever! // 10

Crush Reviewed by: AxlRose54, on january 12, 2006

Sound: This obviosuly is not a very strong Bon Jovi CD. The only good songs are: It's My Life, and Thank You For Loving Me, and niether are great compared to other Bon Jovi songs. This album overall just doesn't sound like Bon Jovi. The whole CD focusus too much on pop, rather than hard rock. Slippery When Wet, arguablly the best Bon Jovi CD, is much different than this one, you can see how much this band has evolved for the worse since their days in the '80s. If you want some real Bon Jovi, buy Slippery when wet or New Jersey. // 4

Lyrics: Not great lyrics, can get very repetative (It's My Life). Jon just doesn't sound as good on this CD. // 5

Overall Impression: This album is too much pop and too little rock. If you happen to like this album for some reason, you might also like Bowling for soup, or Sum 41. If you lose this, get a different Bon jovi CD, this one just can't compare to their others. // 5

Crush Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 03, 2007

Sound: The boys were out of commission for 5 years until they returned with what everyone names a more "pop/rock" sounding record. I'l agree on some terms with that but do not let crush fool you, as this album has many tunes with drop D tuning, that many just don't point out. The drop D helps create a heavy sound for most of the songs, one's you may not expect such as Say isn't so or Just Older. Richie exclaims at that time(2000) the riff on It's My Life was the heaviest he's hit since New Jersey. But there are only a few tunes which seem to be "just there" or fillers such as I got the girl. // 7

Lyrics: Jon and Richie the main lyric writer's along with Desmond Child, I though could have done better especially on the tune One wild night. I just use the excuse that they were just getting back together from a five year absence and in order to make a triumphant return, there needed to be sappy lyrics, and I'll placed choruses, so to speak. Many then again, even the simple opener It's my life, has a certain punch, even though as said before the lyrics are simple, probably for the teenage minds of the "new" generation. Richie is apparent for backing vocals but not as much as he should be, but we hear him more throughout later albums. // 6

Overall Impression: Compared to other Bon Jovi albums, Crush has no real album intent, meaning no story behind it, except for possibly returning to stardom among a new generation. It's my life can get a bit annoying after awhile but I never get tired of the pounding riffs Richie drops. Say it isn't so has superb guitars in the chorus, some slow tunes such as Mystery Train rwally work through one's mind creating a story for your mind to repeat everytime it's heard. I enjoy the album name Crush and I really hate to say this as a massively proud Bon Jovi fan, but the songs don't exactly live up to the title. Of course if it were lost I would purchase it again, because then there would be a hole in my collection. // 7

More Bon Jovi reviews rating latest review