Have A Nice Day Review

Released: Sep 20, 2005
Label: Island
Genre: Rock
Styles: Hard Rock, Pop/Rock, Hair Metal, Album Rock
It's a muddled but sincere record, where Jon Bon Jovi's desire to tackle new subjects are undercut by the predictability of the group's music.
 Lyrics: 9.3
 9.2
 9.3
 9.1
Have A Nice Day Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 20, 2005

Sound: This is a very upbeat album with high tempo songs including 'I Am', 'Story Of My Life', 'I want To Be loved', 'Last Man Standing' etc. The opening track 'Have A Nice Day' is the immediate hook on the album grasping your attention instantly. The opening riff is simple but very effective a feel-good song, gets you set up for the rest of the album, you find yourself singing along or tapping your foot straight away. For 'Welcome To Wherever You Are' and 'Bells Of Freedom' the band have taken the tone down slightly to show the other side to there unique sound combining the acoustic guitar with the electric in exactly the right way. Moving from a slow acoustic section (shown in 'Welcome To Wherever You Are') straight into an heavy electric riff. This sudden change in style self-conciously tells you, when your down, pick yourself back up, keep on fighting. // 10

Lyrics: There is an instant feel-good, rebelious tone to the album, don't do what other people want you to do, do what you want to do. It's very much a positive album, the use of repetition in 'Who Says You Cant Go Home' uses the line 'It's alright, it's alright, it's alright...' The title in itself it basically drawing the independant side from you, it's not a question, it's telling you who says you cant go home, go home if you want to, whos gonna stop you? The album title 'Have A Nice Day' automatically gives you a good feeling, you know the album is gonna make you feel good! and thats exactly what it does, in every way possible! after hearing this album you will have a different outlook, your free! Be indipendant, dont let anyone force you to do what you dont want to 'Ring the bells, ring them loud, let them ring here and now, stand your ground' // 10

Overall Impression: This is certainly one of the best Bon Jovi albums, the best album out at the moment and will remain an excellent album, what can I say, you can't get sick of Bon Jovi, each time you put a Bon Jovi song on you feel good, know a rock band have done something good in the world. Where would we be without Bon jovi. Definatly worth the money, I would certainly buy this album again if I lost it, I need it! They still remain and always will be the best band in my mind, and hopefully you will feel the same. // 10

Have A Nice Day Reviewed by: E V H 5150, on january 19, 2007

Sound: This album was released in 2005. It's got a modern/country feel to it. You know that one song, Who Says You Can't Go Home, that they always play on the John Tesh Show (I don't know if it's national or local, so forgive me)? It's from Bon Jovi. And this song from the same man who sang such hits as Living on a Prayer and Wanted? Oh well. It's still a pretty good album. I don't know what to give this album. Maybe an 8, because it still sounds good, but it's not the Bon Jovi I know. // 8

Lyrics: Have A Nice Day - this is a good song, rebellious in nature. It's the song for which this album is named, and for good reason. It's one of the best songs on this album, and rather catchy. Welcome To Wherever You Are - nice acoustic song. It's like one of those emotionally uprising songs, meant to make you think a little about your life, and the path you're taking. Or maybe I'm over-examining. Who Says You Can't Go Home? - I hear this song everyday when I'm cooking food. It's on the radio constantly. However, there are two versions. The one on the radio is the duet with some lady (I can't find the album cover thing). The other is just Bon Jovi. Last Man Standing - this reaffirms Bon Jovi's status. It basicly attacks modern music. It blatantly calls out hip-hop, pop, rock, and MP3s, DVDs, and Digital Downloads. I like this song, and it's got a nice beat, sensible lyrics, and a good guitar part. // 8

Overall Impression: I honestly have no refference as to what happened between Slippery When Wet and this album. But I still like it. It's better than any of Van Halen's newest songs. I listed some of my favorites in the lyrics section. Another one is Last Cigarette, and Wildflower is also pretty good. This album has a nice modern sound, and a little bit of a country feel. The only problem is that if you heard these songs, you might not realize this was Bon Jovi without actually reading the title and artist. // 8

Have A Nice Day Reviewed by: Landstrom, on november 07, 2005

Sound: Bon Jovi have always been a favourite band of mine so I was glad to see that when Have A Nice Day came out they had kept their usual high standard. The title track, in my opinion, bears a slight resemblance to the almost legendary Living On A Prayer. This track along with others (i.e. I am) set the tone for this album as an upbeat and lively album. However, Bon Jovi do show another area of their talents in songs, such as Welcome To Wherever You Are and Last Cigarette, where they combine the use of both electric and acoustic guitars. This gives the songs a more mellow sound until the electric guitar kicks in and Bon Jovi have managed to execute the change flawelessly. The songs show variation and I believe that they are some of Bon Jovi's best. // 10

Lyrics: Bon Jovi may not be the best singer in the world but he is definately a great at what he does. He manages to capture the feel of the track and his vocals expertly suit the track. For instance in Last Cigarette Bon Jovi manages to change his voice as the guitar changes. He moves from a slightly slow tone to the usual upbeat singing during the chorus. The lyrics to these songs are again very good. Now there not the deepest lyrics but they aren't mindlessly put together either. They comply well with the music and give the songs a certain feel. The lyrics themselves are interesting yet memorable. You wouldn't have to read the lyrics over and over again to remember them. They are easy to remember and interesting a great mix of the two. Overall the lyrics are upbeat and definately have the attitude that I would expect from a Bon Jovi album. // 10

Overall Impression: This is definately the best album available at the moment. If I could buy it again I would. In fact it's the only album I've got this month. The most impressive songs on the album to me would be the title track, Who Says You Can't Go Home and Welcome to Wherever you Are. This album provides a combination of hard rock and some softer rock. The album is a really good all round buy and I would recommend it to any fan or any non fan it is really that good. I would definately say that this is one of the best Bon Jovi albums and I hope you will feel the same way and hear it yourselves. // 10

More Bon Jovi reviews rating latest review