Keep The Faith Review

bon jovi: Keep The Faith
Release Date: Nov 1992
Label: Mercury
Genres: Hard Rock, Pop/Rock, Hair Metal, Pop-Metal, Arena Rock, Album Rock
Keep The Faith deserves plenty of points for ambition, and it does succeed in updating the band's sound, even if the replacement parts were bought used.
 Lyrics: 9.5
 9.5
 9.7
 9.3
Keep The Faith Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 09, 2007

Sound: Ah yes, the Grunge period of the early nineties. A time when, as we all know, most of the "hair metal" bands of the '80s vanished, only few left standing pondering what to do. Well, the boys from New Jersey created 1992's jem of an album, "Keep The Faith". An overlooked album, Keep the Faith was able to keep Bon Jovi alive during the new music revelation. Openeing up with I Believe kick starts this masterpiece off. With a few although solid Love ballads, "Bed Of Roses" mainly, all the way to Hard Rocking almost Grungey tunes such as "If I Was Your Mother" and "Fear", these two certainly are the heaviest on the album. Towards the end "A Little Bit Of Soul" just magically caps off one of the best early 90's even one of the best Bon Jovi albums ever. Up-beat, Love Ballads, Hard Rocking, Having a good time and blues! It captures everything. // 10

Lyrics: Jon and Richie certainly remain one of the best singer/songwriter's out there even today. It's in no doubt that Jon keeps his high pitched wails, but not as much as the 80's always demanded. The lyrics are well placed as help from Desmond Child always helps. This is more of a "Jon" record so to speak, although David Bryan and Richie Sambora do provide backing vocals keeping the Stadium Anthem feel, you do not hear Richie as often as you do on These Days, Crush, Bounce, or Have A Nice Day. Lyrics are very very fitting. // 9

Overall Impression: In the early '90s this album definately cannot be compared. It rivals all sorts of musical genre's that it is placed all by it's lonesome and is quite hard to place for a Bon Jovi album that is. The most impressive songs would be I Believe, Keep The Faith, Bed Of Roses, If I Was Your Mother, Fear, I Want You, A Little Bit Of Soul. That's almoist the entire album, but really the entire album is very listenable. I enjoy the fact that the boys decided to change and chose not to die away and wash up like so oh many previous '80s bands. Instead Jon, Richie, David, Tico, and Hugh played the era to their advantage. Absolutely brilliant. Well, of course if it were stolen I would have to buy a new one. My set just wouldn't be complete without this album. // 10

Keep The Faith Reviewed by: Footzyrama, on september 24, 2007

Sound: Bon Jovi have cemented themselves as some of the most versatile and talented musicians and song writers, this album will show you why. Richie Sambora and Jon Bon jovi have together crafted a brilliant album filled with songs that will keep you entertained for hours. The main thing that makes this album is the guitaring from richie sambora. The riffs are rememborable and he is deffinately no stranger to banging out a solo. Superb! // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are mostly written by Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora. a lot of the songs on the album are very upbeat and on these songs the lyrics match this feel. However there are also some more mellow songs like "dry county" and the lyrics in these songs also seem to be superb. Jon Bon Jovi has an excellent ability to "story tell" in his songs. These songs all seem to fit. Jon Bon Jovi has a fantastic voice in everything I've ever heard him sing. So it was no surprize that he never failed to deliver in this album. // 10

Overall Impression: This album always appears to be one I keep going back to listen to (all along with other Bon Jovi albums). And this band is truly one of the greatest! The most impressive songs on the album for me are "keep the faith" "Bed of Roses" "in these arms" and most deffinately "dry county". There isn't really anything I can think of that I don't like about this album. It's one of my favourites! If it was stolen or lost I would deffinately purchase a new copy! // 9

More Bon Jovi reviews rating latest review