New Jersey Review

bon jovi: New Jersey
Released: Sep 1988
Genre: Rock
Styles: Hard Rock, Pop/Rock, Heavy Metal, Pop-Metal
Number Of Tracks: 12 It has the kind of upbeat hard rock tunes that many can only dream of writing.
 Lyrics: 8.5
 9.5
 9.2
 9.7
New Jersey Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 06, 2004

Sound: The music is pretty cool. Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora are very talented musicians and have displayed that talent quite well on this record. Plenty of cool solos anf rock riffs. // 10

Lyrics: The only problem I had with the lyrics are that they are just too damn sappy. The way they are written, it makes it seem like the guys are under the impression that they will not survive a minute of their lives without love. There are people who have lived their whole lives without getting married and without ever having a boyfriend or girlfriend. But, I'm not going to drag on about that any longer. Anywayses, the lyrics go pretty well with the music. // 8

Overall Impression: Only problem I had with this album are the very, very, very sappy lyrics. Despite this fault, there are plenty of good songs on this album, such as I'll Be There For You, Lay Your Hands On Me, Bad Medicine, Wild Is The Wind, Living In Sin, and Love For Sale (Someone please tab that song out). I'd buy it again if I lost it or if someone still it. // 8

New Jersey Reviewed by: Floyd Phoenix, on november 01, 2010

Sound: This is a great rock record. It has the kind of upbeat hard rock tunes that many can only dream of writing. Unlike their later albums, this has massive stadium anthems which are great to bang your head to. Jon and Richie did a great ob on this album, and it certainly proves they weren't going to be a one hit wonder (after the massive sucess of 1986 album Slipery When Wet). This was definitly their heyday. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrucs are brilliant, and work well with the music. The only problem there is is that there is not much variation in what they are saying. Its all about love and how they can't live without it. But they are still great, sing-along lyrics. I also like the lyrics about being a cowboy in the songs 'ride cowboy ride' and 'Stick to your guns' which practically merge into each other. // 9

Overall Impression: This is definitly my favourite Bon Jovi album, and it's probably in my top 5 favorite albums. I love the suspense made by the intro in Homebound train before it explodes into the heavy riff. My favorite song is 99 in the shade, which has a great solo. I'm surprised there's not tabs for these songs. I love the last song (Love For Sale) as well, which was apparently recorded, and I quote 'During one HELL of a party' at their recording studio. They could still make a ballad at this point too, with 'Living in Sin' and 'Wild is the Wind'. This is defintily the best album they have done. // 10

More Bon Jovi reviews rating latest review