Road Tested Review

8.3
 8.8
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
Road Tested Reviewed by: kttunstallator3, on october 21, 2009

Sound: I've heard about Bonnie Raitt before but never really got into it until my brother gave me one of her CDs which happened to be "Road Tested", the live vers. of the DVD. I realized what I was missing out on. She is a critically acclaimed guitarist, both of acoustic and electric slide. Definetly one worth listening to; full of raw talent. // 8

Lyrics: Most of the songs are covers (like Rockpile's "Three Time Loser") but she executes them perfectly one by one. The whole commonality of these songs are what they are: pain, lost your love, that sort of thing. She is gifted with both the singing and the guitar playing skills. I could listen to her even if she didn't play any instruments. // 9

Overall Impression: Bonnie Raitt proves that women can play/sing the blues, too. And she hails to the top compared to most bluesmen/blueswomen. Some of her impressive songs are "Love Me Like A Man", "Three Time Loser", "The Kokomo Medley", and "Angel From Montgomery". There are more songs to look forward to, but this is the reason why you have to get this album: these songs. I love her pure honest to goodness truth and the straightforward tell-it-like-it-is type of personality reflected in her music. She is one to be highly respected and I would buy it; now I'm planning on seeing her in Concert buying the "Road Tested" DVD. // 8

Comments