Live Review

bouncing souls: Live
Release Date: Nov 22, 2005
Label: Chunksaah
Genres: Alternative Pop/Rock, Punk Revival, Punk-Pop
This live collection starts with the high-octane and rapid-fire "Here We Go."
 8.8
 7.5
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Live Reviewed by: febick, on july 10, 2007

Sound: If you've ever listened to the bouncing souls, you know how quick and and ferocious their albums are. I wouldn't say it's a typical punk sound by any means however, as the bouncing souls add nice melodies with a quick upbeat sound. The CD itself was recorded during various live shows mainly around the East Coast where the band originates from. what's really nice about this album though is that the songs actually sound better live then they do on the actual albums. Songs like "Cracked" and "Joe lies" have a better quality then they do on the original albums. All and all there's not a skipable track on either CD and even if you're just getting into the bouncing souls it's a nice place to start. The band comes off so flawless it's amazing to think what it must have been like to actually have been there seeing them live. // 10

Lyrics: Greg Attonito has a great voice which blends perfectly with the style of music, probably one of the best punk singers in history. Even when he's just talking his voice sounds nice. The lyrics vary from songs like "East Coast! f--k you!" to one of my favorite songs on the album "kids and heroes" which Greg explains on the album is about anybodys who having a tough time in thier life. The bouncing souls always have great lyrics so there's no really no surprise here. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall it's a great Live album and if you've never seen the bouncing souls live this album gives you a great idea of how insane their shows are. Like I said the songs come off better live then they do on the actual albums. it's a steal at 15 dollars at most places, 2 cds of the bouncing souls live for 15 dollars, you can't go wrong. // 10

More Bouncing Souls reviews rating latest review