The Arsonist Review

6.3
 8.5
reviews (2) 1 comment vote for this album:
The Arsonist Reviewed by: Jmafiakidz, on september 21, 2011

Sound: Sickest Metalcore album currently out! Some really good guitar work, with completely original breakdowns and rhythm section. This album is a huge change in sound from what Bound To Fail started out playing. I think the new album is about a robot apocalypse. Sounds like As I Lay Dying joined forces with All That Remains. Great production (possibly as good as Joey Sturgis). // 8

Lyrics: The Vocals are amazing on this album! The screaming is absolutely brutal! This band might just have my new favorite vocalist. The lyrics read a little abstract in some parts but its cool because every song has this apocalyptic theme to it, that is slightly pulled into all of the songs in a tasteful way. In true metalcore fashion they have mixed a perfect blend of heavy screams with beautiful epic hooks. // 8

Overall Impression: This album is worth picking up on iTunes or Amazon for sure, This band wont be unsigned for long! You can download the first two songs from the album on the bands Facebook page. I love the the new sound the band has on this album it fits them better and sounds like its better for them anyways. // 8

The Arsonist Reviewed by: ggabbit, on october 21, 2011

Sound: The bands new sound on this album is awesome. Its a huge improvement from some of Bound To Fail's earlier music and by far the heaviest sound this band has ever had. Its not the most technical stuff, but it all fits perfectly into the metalcore genre. On this new album, Bound To Fail has done a great job at putting together everything you want and expect to hear from a current metalcore band. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are great. All of the songs have a unique cyborg apocalypse theme to them. The theme is approached a little bit differently on a each of the songs, but it still makes sense from start to finish. Some of the songs have a darker approach to the delivery of the screams, and the lyrical content. This aspect of the record is really present in the songs "Points One And Zero", "Paroxysm", and "Cyborg Wars". The screams are top notch on this record. The vocalist has a perfect fry scream that he uses for most of the songs, and he mixes it with some heavy death metal growls. The clean vocals on this CD are really good. There is only a few singing parts, but the contrast works great with their new sound. Somebody different is doing the clean vocals on this album, and it works great. // 9

Overall Impression: I really don't know if I can compare these guys to any other band. They have developed their own unique sound on this record. I've heard a few bands that are similar, but Bound To Fail mixes it up just enough to standout. Overall, I'm impressed. For an unsigned band this is some of the best stuff I heard. If you like fast harmonized metal riffs, crushing breakdowns, death metal vocals and a lot of melody you should definitely get this album, or at least listen to it. // 9

Comments