Drunk Enough To Dance Review

9.3
 9.8
 8.7
Drunk Enough To Dance Reviewed by: theguitarman07, on october 13, 2005

Sound: BFS is one of the greatest pop-punk bands ever this CD awesome. Sure it may be 10 different barre chords over and over but it has some wierd riffs and it is musically one of BFS best CDs. The riffs, wierd as they are, are not that difficult but they are cathcy none the less. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics of this album are hilarious! The way that Jaret (the lead singer) portrays a man that basically doesn't care about the relationships hes been in that have been messed up. He doesn't seem to bee like any other lead singer out there. // 10

Overall Impression: This CD is one of my favorite CDs of all time and that is saying something because I Consider myself a music snob. The CD would be replced in 24 hours or less of lost or stolen. Go buy it. // 9

Drunk Enough To Dance Reviewed by: UG Team, on july 23, 2003

Overall Impression: I have just listened to the new bowling for soup album and it kicks ass! It combines catchy tunes with bloody good lyrics that will have the darkest goth secretly smiling beneath their black lipstick! The highlights include the better known singles "girl all the bad guys want" and "Emily" with the hysterical "Running from ur dad" and "scaring myself" to make it one of the funniest albums I have ever listened to. Anyone who doesnt agree on this probably needs to get a life! Sorry but its true! Definitely worth buying. // 10

Drunk Enough To Dance Reviewed by: LastRockShow, on april 26, 2004

Sound: The sound of this album is excellent, in my opinion. Jaret's vocals are like no other. Many of the songs on this album are fast and vigorous, such as 'The Last Rock Show', 'Punk Rock 101', and 'Self-Centered'. Some of their songs may get a little repetitive, but this CD is completely worth buying. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics were outstanding! Fun, catchy, deep...well....at least fun and catchy. Many of their songs are about relationships, but unlike most bands, these guys aren't still hung up on their ex. Song's like 'Emily' and 'Life After Lisa' explain how they're better of without'em! 'Girl All The Bad Guys Want', probably the most well known song on the album, is a great song lyrically and guitar-wise. The intro is the perfect beginning to an awesome song. Overall, the lyrics these guys come up with is remarkable. // 10

Overall Impression: This is one of my favorite CD's in my collection. This group of Texans really knows how to right damn good songs. It is definitely worth buying, and it includes bonus songs like 'My Greatest Day', 'The Star Song', and 'Belgium' (in acoustic form, #28 on the album) from their previous album 'Let's Do It For Johnny'. I lost mine a couple days ago, so if I don't find it, I'm definately going to buy it again. // 10

Drunk Enough To Dance Reviewed by: El Weasle, on november 03, 2005

Sound: The sound on this album is brilliant, sporting catchy tunes and great production. All the songs achieve a perfect sound, be it chuggy riffs or jumpy chords. All the instruments come through clear and crisp in the mix. The songs themselves are masterpieces of pop rock, and you'll be humming them for ages. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are a true genius's work. Be it hilarious lines that'll have you laughing time and time again or deep lyrics with true meaning, they always make each and every song a pleasure to listen to. The style Jaret sings in fits the sound like a jigsaw piece, mixing perfectly with all of the songs on the album. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall this is an excellent album that shows both a fun comical and a serious side to the band. But mainly comical. The songs are brilliantly catchy and boast lyrics that'll play over in your head for days. One of the best light hearted albums to date! // 10

More Bowling For Soup reviews rating latest review