Hits Alive Review

7.4
 6.8
review (1) 5 comments vote for this album:
Hits Alive Reviewed by: warpath88, on november 25, 2010

Sound: Brad Paisley's long over-due greatest hits album is finally out, and is more than satisfying. It's easy to see that Brad has a variety of different material to offer from the last decade. Although certain hits didn't make the album, some unlikely favorites did, such as the instrumental, Time Warp. The album contains a mix of hits that display Brad's humerous, country crack-up side (Ticks, I'm Still A Guy), and his sensative, serious side (When I Get Where I'm Going, Then). Clearly, Brad has a variety of sounds that he has displayed over the last decade. Guitar-wise, Brad's signature twangy, "fat" telecaster sound is perhaps the most constant trait of his career. The album displays his guitar mastery, but not as much as other albums such as Play and 5th Gear. It's a very commercial album(of course what can you expect from a GH), but it still has some songs that please guitar-lovers, such as Time Warp. // 8

Lyrics: Brad is one of country music's greatest writers, and perhaps one of the greatest of the last decade. Partnerships with writers such as Chris DuBois have seemed to pay off in his career, producing major hits, many on this album. Brad's comical, romantic, and philosophical lyrics are combined sometimes in the same songs. // 9

Overall Impression: Overall, the album does not dissappoint. Brad clearly has waited long enough to release a hits album, and it has resulted in having to cut a few of his better songs, but it still pleases. I'm anxiously awaiting Brad's next studio album, and I hope his next decade of music is even better than his last. // 7

More Brad Paisley reviews rating latest review