Apocalyptic Feasting Review

Brain Drill: Apocalyptic Feasting
Released: Feb 5, 2008
Genre: Technical death metal
Label: Metal Blade
Apocalyptic Feasting is the second release and debut album by the technical death metal band Brain Drill.
 8.4
 8.3
 8.4
review (1) 9 comments vote for this album:
Apocalyptic Feasting Reviewed by: blackstarf, on july 07, 2009

Sound: When I first listened to Brain Drill I was impressed by the incredible skill of both drummer and the guitarist. So incredibly high tempos and skillfull riffs all along. The sound of this band is just completly "apocalyptic". I felt they where doing some kind of improvisation all along the songs making it have a really impresive sound. As some people might call them "brutal / technical death metal" I fell they might crossed the line for a new genre, I felt no one has ever experimented with that kind of riffs and tapping skills all along the songs. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are really simple but at the same time have great feeling to them just giving some apocalyptic scenes of a world being destroyed by a zombie infection.The lyrics and the music combined really good by making it as heavy and as good as the instruments by itself. The singer has great talent he could go from really low notes to incredibly high notes from moment to moment. I was more impressed by his high note ability and technique giving the songs this great sound. // 8

Overall Impression: Some of the songs that you might want to hear more that once are "Apocalyptic Feasting" this is the song with more changes in the album, the begining just goes as brutal as all and you get some parts where they slow down a little bit but in a good way also you get a really good sample of the bassist ability. Theres incredibly good moments in some songs like "The Parasites" or "Consumed By The Dead". This is a band with an incredible talent on all of their musicians and great idea of what there music will be, as at times the music may get a little repetitive I felt like it was a great album for being their first but I fell they have many more things to show us. This album is very recommended for those metalheads in search of a realy fast and heavy sounding band with really skillfull players. // 8

More Brain Drill reviews rating latest review